main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cedar Fair purchases Six Flags Worlds of Adventure!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Darth-Zod, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Being the big Cedar Point fan that I am, I decided to log in and share this with all of you. Cedar Fair (the company that owns Cedar Point) has Purchased Six Flags Worlds of Adventure! Cedar Fair is going to change the name back to Geauga Lake. This is great news, Cedar Fair will be able to clean the place up and make it a nice park again. I?m really excited. I?ve been a Cedar Point season pass holder since 2000. A season pass can be used at any Cedar Fair park. That means I now have two parks within 45 minutes of Cleveland to use my season pass at!

Edit: Hey Krash, where is my JKOC t-shirt? 8-}

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_shocked]
    That seems odd. Six Flags just aquired it!
    And that probably means that the prices will also be raised to Cedar Point standards. [face_plain]

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hey Krash, where is my JKOC t-shirt?
    Sitting in my room...you never check the boards, and I'm too lazy to e-mail you :D

Cedar Fair will be able to clean the place up and make it a nice park again.
    A stiff breeze could clean up the place better then Six Flags ever would. As a former employee of "da flags" let me tell you, this is a good thing. When we(Sea World) were purchased by Six Flags...that first year there was a clear distinction between "the clean side" being the former Sea World staff...and "the dirty side" otherwise known as Geauga Break

I think having Cedar Point-style management can only be a good thing. Six Flags was notorious for being run by the cheapest bunch of "carnies" you could ever meet. And while admission to Cedar Point isn't cheap...a season pass to both parks would be worth the investment!

Have to check in with my friends from animal training...hope they all still have jobs!

4. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    SWEET! Now I can get 1 season pass and get both parks! :D

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    wow...now we don't have to worry about going to one or the other!! ;)

6. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I still remember going to Grungy (Geauga) Lake back in the mid-late '80's..man, that place was filthy... I recall days when it was downright dangerous to walk around in the parking lot after dark...

Cedar Point has always been good, though I haven't been there since 1994. Maybe this summer I'll go!

7. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    I am just sad that they are closing the Sea World side, but in a couple of years, they will huge rides on that side too.....

8. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    If I remember right....didn't Cedar Point have an aquarium?

That is definately a shame if they close down the Sea World section :(

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    SWEET! Now I can get 1 season pass and get both parks!

Actually, according to today's paper, Cedar Point season passes will not be accepted at Geagua Lake this year.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    If I remember right....didn't Cedar Point have an aquarium?
    After working at Sea World for 5 years...I learned that closing down that animal attraction was the best thing for those animals! That place was nasty.

That is definately a shame if they close down the Sea World section
    I got an e-mail from one of my friends from Sea World...not sure on specifics, but it's not a good sign when your friends forward a copy of their resume asking you to help them find jobs. Drew has 18 years experience working with animals...and his wife Michelle (they met at the park) has similar experience. It sucked when Auggie Bush sold the park to Six Flags...to make some quick cash. Six Flags ran that place into the ground...and now many of the animals I've spent the better part of 5 years around are going to be sold off and transfered to other parks around the world (possibly places like Mexico...where the whale from "Free Willy" was abused to the point of near death) And some of the best people i've ever known are having their lives (including families) and futures shaken up for the sake of a few $

...so you'll forgive me if I could care less about a few rollercoasters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.