main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cedar Point 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Darth-Zod, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    This may be off topic for the boards, but I am so excited I have to tell everyone I know. If it is off topic, lock away.

Cedar Point is building a new roller coaster for the 2003 season! They are being secretive as to the specs and what kind of coaster it's going to be, but rumor has it they want the height and speed record back. In order to do this, the new coaster will have to be at least 110 MPH and 420 feet high! Riders will be launched out of the loading station, make a 90 degree turn to face straight up, then crest the top to come straight down the other side. Do a search on Cedar Point and visit any non-official web sight to see the construction photos.

2. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
    me and a bunch of my friends go every year. that'd be so cool having a new coaster. know any good non-official web sites zod?

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    two things...

First, my g/f worked there this year... construction is underway and it's uh, it's... well, y'see, it's like this... it's flippin' huge!!! Speed and height will be remain at the point...

Second, I say remain at the point because the one over in Japan that stole the record kinda fell over...

-b-

4. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    These are the best construction pictures I have found. Note that there are four pages of them.

click for pics

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    This sounds like fun, and appropriate for discussion here. Planning something like this in advance is a great idea!

I'm always interested in a group outing...we could even invite Dtroit and Columbus to join us on whatever day we decide to go.

...I'm in!

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Road trip to my place, and while here, you can take a trip up to Skywalker ranch.

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't think that's a road trip, old friend... I'ma have to hop into my TIE Advanced to go there. But I'm welcome to the idea of going.

8. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Um, can anyone tell me why I would want to go on this roller coaster? It really doesn't seem that great of a time to me. Then again, I don't really like them period, but that's another story. How can scaring yourself half to death be considered a good time (even remotely)?

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    The M force was the highest I can go. I'll hold your stuff, cause I am not going on something over 400 FEET HIGH!!! I am scared of highs. I even freaked out climbing a LIGHTHOUSE!

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I'm freaked of heights but that doesn't stop me!!!! Bring it on!!!

I'll face down a Sith lord with cold reckless abandon, but you won't get me down a roller coaster without me screaming like a asian schoolgirl in a Godzilla flick...

Besides Candii, it builds character...

-b-

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, I was hoping my idea would finally kick into play...I had this idea a while back and it was kind of put on the back burner...glad to see it's of high interest. I always go to Cedar Point at least once a year, and sadly, unless I can pull off going at the end of this month, I haven't gone yet this year at all, which ticks me off. So I'd definately love to go next year, ESPECIALLY with that new coaster being built...sounds so cool. And what the heck is with all of you chickening out with coasters? I'm living proof it can be done and also FUN as well, I've got acrophobia (fear of heights) and yet the first coaster (being honest here) I went on was Millenium Force. The hill is kind of creepy, but once you go down the other side, you don't even care. That's how coasters really are, going up the hill is the worst, contrary to popular belief lol. And if I can go on something that high, yet I freak out when I'm 10 feet off the ground, then anyone can do it :) Talking about this makes me wanna go now hehe...

12. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    The biggest roller coaster I've ever been on is the Wildcat. And no, you can't drag me on the Raptor or something to make me get over my fears. No, not gonna happen. But if we go, then I'll get to go 2x in a year, provided that I pass physics.

13. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    i got off the millenium force the first time and was just like:

"I am the King of the Point!! Let there be a grand amusement park feast for all! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!!"

then i went and unteangled my pony tail...

-b-

14. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll go, but there is no way that you are going to drag me on the new coaster. I'm not even going to go on the M Force. (Well, depending on how I feel after I go on the Magnum.) I've never been on the Raptor, and I really want to go on it.

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    400 feet? Nothing. The Big Shot, on top of the Stratosphere, is the world's highest thrill ride. You start at about 1000 feet and are launched another 150. They also have the High Roller, a roller coaster, also at the top of the building.

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Yeah, but Don, you are not going down the 1,000 feet, just the 150 feet. That is what gets me. Going down from that height. [face_plain]

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah but the High roller is a some what slow ride. I was on it this spring. It wasn't the high that got me it was the HIGH! The big shot now is something different. It is not a roller coaster, just a big shot!

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm all about The Big Shot at the Stratosphere, when I go to Vegas.

I remember your idea of a CP trip Reborn. If I recall...we got sidetracked by the CelebrationII.5 cookout. It's still a good idea, and something we should do next summer.

RAPTOR RULES!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    BMack and I were just at Cedar Point this weekend (with our significant others...and some good friends) Millenuim Force at night is amazing.

They've got a samll portion of the new project already up...this thing is going to be HUGE

And those of you who are uncomfortable with heights...don't worry, there are plenty of rides for you to go on; that aren't too high up. And as far as heights go Padawan...you can always hold my hand like on "Tower of Terror" :D (I almost needed Luke Skywalker's artificial hand)

20. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    "Yeah but the High roller is a some what slow ride. I was on it this spring. It wasn't the high that got me it was the HIGH! The big shot now is something different. It is not a roller coaster, just a big shot!

Yeah, I was kind of bummed out by the High Roller.

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I didn't go on any coasters while in Vegas... they were a bit too much money. :( I realluy wanted to go on The Manhatten Express. :( $10 for a ride... you have got to be kidding me!

22. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    BTW Krash, I'm still mad at y'all for laughin at me and L on Power Tower...

Punk...

-b-

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You'll recall...the girls were teasing you...I was cheering you guys on (much like the "yub-yub" at Cindy's pool party)

And if I can go through the haunted trail, without snapping the neck of anyone who sneaks up on me...you can manage "The Power Tower."

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Darth Zod, you might want to re-name this thread to something about the new roller coaster. There is plenty of time for planning a "Summer 2003 Road Trip" to Cedar Point to go check out the new ride (as well as other long-time favorites. For the sake of reducing redundant threads...I'll ask that the most recent one be locked (sorry BMack)

As for the new coaster, it seems like the new "space race" is to see who can build the highest ride, and which can go the fastest. Personally, I'm a big fan of twists and rolling (Raptor is my favorite) and while Milennium Force is fast, there isn't much to it other then that. This new ride may be very fast, but if it's going to be another 2 hour wait for a 2 minute up/down trip around the track...that's going to get old after a while.

25. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Yah, a 420 foot coaster is great. But I would rather see Cedar Point do a coaster like the ?X Flight? at Six Flags Ohio, or ?X? at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Speaking of Six Flags, Six Flags Ohio was supposed to be building a 200 foot coaster for the 2003 season. Although a 200 foot roller coaster probably won?t get them much attention when CP has coasters at 215, 310, and now 420 feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.