main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cedar Point 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Darth-Zod, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I would rather see Cedar Point do a coaster like the ?X Flight? at Six Flags Ohio

You mean a roller coaster that breaks down every 3rd time around...run by the cheapest bunch of "carnies" the world has ever seen? I know, this qualifies me as a "disgruntled former employee" by they really frelled up the place when I was there. Man, I miss Sea World! They're always going to be 2nd place compared to CP...because they want to pinch pennies until they bleed quarters.

2. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I was out at CP tonight getting my season pass, and Dragster looks great! Shall we start throwing around dates for our FF trip? That way everyone has plenty of time to make plans. Were we going to invite Detroit and Toledo to go with us?

Tomorrow (5-1-03) is media day at CP so we?ll get to see our first shots of Dragster in action on the news.

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I just saw my friend Desni, and her boyfriend Bob...Bob works for a radio station in Marietta, Ohio and is going to media day at Cedar Point! I've requested a FULL review of the new coaster.

I'm glad you found this thread, because we can start making plans (well in advance) for us all to go to Cedar Point together (and invite Detroit, and whatever is left of Toledo)

Just in case anyone need refer to the Summer 2003 General Discussion thread for information:

FYI: June is very open (although Kim has cited problems)
    The weekend of July 19th...Emily and I are at a wedding in Pittsburgh
    Then there are the 3 possible weekends for the All-Ohio cookout (Columbus):
    July 26th...
    August 2nd...
    August 9th...
    Whichever one of those C-bus does NOT pick...let's choose from one of the other ones (that way we could invite C-bus as well)

4. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I have a wedding on August 9, so I won't be able to attend anything then.

5. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Correction, I have a wedding to go to on August 2.

What happened to our ability to edit at any time?

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    After Darth-Zod's poll closed (thanks to everyone who voiced their opinions) we've come to the decision that August 23rd will be the day of the Cedar point event.

I know it's early, but we wanted to give everyone (including out of town chapters) plenty of time to request time off from work/arrange schedules. Cleveland will start counting heads sometime in mid-late June, and I'll stay in touch with the CRs from other Fanforce chapters who have expressed an interest in joining us.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I wish I could join you all. I really want to go to Cedar Point this year. Sadly, most of my summer weekends have been gobbled up by Ren Faire and cons.

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    HI GUYS :)

- I have been doing some digging and negotiating and found some discounts through my work if anyone is interested =

a regular ride all day pass is $43.95 and a Ride & Slide pass is $63.95. Through TRACO - I am able to get these tickets at a discount for a limited time. the discounted price is ride all day = $32.50 and the ride & slide is $59.00.

Anyone want me to pick their tickets up for them at TRACO??

LMK what you guys think about this :)

TTYL

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's not a bad price...we were talking about this at our recent meeting. Let me check out AAA's prices...and I'll get back to you.

Do should we try and consolidate ALL our tickets into 1 big purchase? Or let the individual chapters buy their tickets? If we do the former, that will mean getting everyone's money is sooner then if we went chapter-by-chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.