main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Cedar (Sugi and her crew, oneshot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iceaffinity, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Title: Cedar
    Author: iceaffinity
    Timeframe: Clone Wars and a bit before
    Characters: Sugi, Embo, Seripas, Rumi Parmita
    Genre: Drama/Friendship
    Summary: How four different bounty hunters gathered together, and what united them.

Cedar

?
    (sugi)

?You are going to come with us.?

Rumi paused and looked over her shoulder at the woman straddling the chair she sat upon, backwards. She had one arm draped over the back, while the other was lifted, the elbow propped on the edge of the chair so that she could lean her chin against her palm. One finger was tapping her cheek, just to the side of one of the long, curving tattoos etched into her skin. Dark brown, the line stood out warm and clear against the paleness of her skin. Purple hair was pulled into a high topknot on the top of her head, off her neck. It was a hot, sticky day, and the exhaust from all the starships around them was not making it any cooler. The woman had apparently settled herself in one of the cooler spots, a long stretch of shade provided by the hulk of the greenish light freighter behind her.

Zabrak were always so confident of themselves. Rumi trilled lightly through her noses. Arrogant.

She tried to pitch her voice lower, into something that would sound more menacing to a Zabrak when she responded. She wanted no trouble here, but the near falsetto tones of a mature Frenk female led too many to underestimate her, and not take her seriously. Killing those who couldn?t take a hint was so terribly bothersome. She adjusted the strap holding her IQA-11 meaningfully, settling it afresh across her back and put a sneer into her voice. ?What makes you think I will come with you??

The Zabrak arched and eyebrow and smiled slowly. Then she shrugged and leaned back on her chair and looked up at the light freighter momentarily. ?I have the best ship here. And this is the second time you have walked past. You?re looking for a good ride. Mine is the best, so you will come with us.?

Zabraks were so arrogant. Rumi trilled again, irritated, but looked the woman over a second time. There was a well maintained EE-3 blaster strapped to her thigh, and the holster was well worn as well as well oiled. She used her weapon frequently. This was not a woman to cross idly. The ship, too, sported laser cannons in the front, and the cheerfully violent image of a bloodthirsty Tooka doll on the nose suggested that this was not a ship for recreational transport. Rumi?s blue eyes narrowed a bit. ?You are a bounty hunter.?

The Zabrak continued to smile, steadily. ?So are you,? she replied.

Rumi tilted her head and considered again, more thoughtfully this time. There were a fair number of women in the trade, but not nearly as many as men. For a humanoid, the Zabrak was likely considered fairly pretty, and in possession of a lilting, rich accent many males would find alluring. Perhaps she experienced similar difficulties with ignorant people? Arrogant as Zabrak were, it would perhaps not be so bad, working with someone in a situation not entirely different from her own. She trilled again, slowly, this time more thoughtful. Bounty hunters didn?t usually take passengers for fun. Perhaps this woman was not underestimating her? If true, the respect was appreciated. ?You are not offering passage. You are recruiting.?

?I have a job lined up that would benefit from a sharpshooter,? the woman replied, her head tilting towards the length of the blaster rifle on Rumi?s back. ?You any good??

Rumi stiffened up to her fullest height, and her voice trilled high in indignation. ?I am Rumi Paramita!?

The Zabrak merely smiled. ?I know. Your reputation precedes you, even if your resume is a bit short.?

Rumi bristled, but looked at the Zabrak woman?s face and the warm, wry smile there. She huffed. ?I have been a bounty hunter for a year. My resume?s quality is unparalleled. It is only short because I am new.?

?How would you like to build it up??

Rumi looked at her again. She was swinging a leg off the chair to stand. Her shoulders were relaxed, her hands at her s

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love the Firefly references, and love Sugi--especially little Sugi getting her horns. Lovely-written vignette, and it makes me want to pop my Firefly dvd in...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.