main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebrate RotJ's upcoming 20th anniversary(list 5 favorite things from SW's final chapter)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by waheennay, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Metal Bikini Leia
    Luke's Lightsaber (in the preview the blade was blue then for the first time you see it GREEN -- WHOA!)
    Unmasking Vader
    Kamikaze A-Wing
    Luke Force-choking pig guards

2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    1. The final duel. This actually is the best segment of the series, unless something in Episode III tops it. And although I'm as big a PT fan as there is, I just don't see it. Which is not a bad thing.

2. Vader's character. Just so wonderfully written and acted. You can tell he's become weary and regretful of the path he's chosen.

3. Luke's entrance into Jabba's palace. You can just TELL that he is the man now. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

4. "I know...somehow, I've always known." God, that line is beautiful.

5. The SE ending and Vader's funeral.

Overall, Lucas couldn't have given the OT a better finale. ROTJ is every bit the movie Empire is, and I can easily understand why some people like it better.

3. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Vader's unmasking.
    Vader's funeral pyre.
    Luke & Leia's discussion of their mother. "She was very beautiful, kind . . . but sad."
    The conversation between Luke & Vader.
    C3PO's Star Wars summary to the Ewoks.

ROTJ is my favorite in the Star Wars saga. And thanks to the PT, all of the above scenes have an even more profound effect on me.

4. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Luke in black. Mmm-MMM.

I'll second that one, Shelley. He is so devestating in that outfit. I'm doing a painting for school of him in that...I must say, it's been haunting me...not that I mind ;)

Oh, no one answered my question. Do you think George will do a special theater run on ROTJ for the 20th anniversary? I dearly hope so. There is nothing better than seeing SW on the big screen...

5. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    - the REAL Palpatine's first appearance
    - Palpatine doing his cakle
    - Palpatine making sarcastic remarks towards Luke
    - Palpatine doing his forcelightning
    - Palpatine turing out as the best SW character ever!

;)

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    1. The Jedi Spirits reunited. Still puts a lump in my throat to this day.

2. Vader throwing Palpatine down the DS chasm.

3. Luke and Yoda's talk.

4. The appearance of the royal guards :cool: The Empire in its fullest glory.

5. Luke removing Vader's mask.

There are soooo many more, as this is my second-favorite film in the franchise, after AOTC. The Luke-Vader talk on Endor has taken on so much more meaning since the PT materialized. Also, the Sail Barge battle is just rollicking fun and the speeder bike chase breathtaking!

All hail ROJ :D

7. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    When Luke goes beserk on Vader after hiding and adventually cutting off his hand.

The rebels first ariving at DS2 and they realize "its a trap" (one of my all time favorite lines!)

Vaders conflict just before throwing the emperor down the shaft: looking back and forth btw. the emperor and his son.

Emperor saying: "so be it jedi.

and

Leia's outfit.

8. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Some favorite moments in no paticular order.

- The small Ewok hugging Han's leg when Threepio is telling their story to the village.

- The whole Jabba's Palace sequence.

- When Luke is about to be pushed into the Sarlacc, but he grabs the spring board, jumps back up and catches his lightsaber.

- The conversation between Vader and Luke on Endor, before they leave for the Death Star.

- Speeder bike chase through the forests of Endor.

- The entire Death Star sequence with Luke, Palpatine, and Vader.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Sidi-girl

Sidi-girl Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Decisions, decisions...

Palpatine - the cackle, the sarcasm and the lightning. He is utterly brilliant and makes the entire Ewok part...bearable. ;)

The space battle. "It's a trap!" D'uh.

The Ewok that knocks himself out with his own slingshot. Shades of Jar Jar here...

Yoda's death

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

I am the only person I know that screams "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" at the top of her voice when Palpy gets thrown out with the trash. *sigh* I love that guy. Damn you, Vader!!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.