Celebrating the Legacy of John Williams after the....inevitable

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by dolphin, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. dolphin Force Ghost

star 4
    I hate to bring this up but sometime in the future (hopefully decades from now), the Maestro will leave this Earth. We as a community need to begin thinking about how we will celebrate his life and legacy, as we cradle, like a child to a teddybear, the treasures he has left behind. This is a forum for suggestions on what we can do at the grassroots level. TheForce.net and other big names in SW fandom MUST be involved in this effort.

If I need to personally plunk down $$$$ for travel and reservations, I will. JW means that much to me.

My idea was for each of the major cities (or capitals of states with no major cities) to hold 2 hr memorial services at a prominent church, perhaps the Saturday/Sunday after the event. Again, I'm hoping this is DECADES in the future but if we're going to do this right, we HAVE to plan now. JW's compositions will of course be playing softly in the background (can you imagine not crying if the Han/Leia theme is playing?) with opening remarks by a clergy member followed by the fandom. The simpler the plan the more likely we can pull it off. There is precedent after all for these boards being the catalyst for real-life gatherings (back during the PT years).

What do you think?
    Last edited by dolphin, May 1, 2013
    DarthBoba likes this.
  2. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder if I'd be flattered or disturbed to find out that people are planning my memorial while I'm still alive and breathing air... [face_thinking]
  3. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, I've had my memorial planned since I was 15. I don't think it's that odd. (Granted, I'll probably change my mind more than a few times as life goes on, but STILL! :D)
  4. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    What've you got planned?
  5. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Dead person stuff.
    dolphin and Son of a Bith like this.
  6. dolphin Force Ghost

star 4

I can assure you JW is not reading these forums.
  7. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, crap - there goes my plan to get an audition for 2nd chair flutist...
    dolphin likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    John Williams is a Highlander I thought...
    Sarge likes this.
  9. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    I just heard a broadcast of a concert conducted by JW Saturday night. JW told the audience that when he wrote the music for SW, he had no idea that there would be even one sequel, let alone five, and now that three more are planned, he'll need to watch his diet and eat his Wheaties. :D
    DarthBoba likes this.
  10. Jae-Dec Jedi Master

star 2
    Stay strong John Williams. You have many years ahead of inspiring others and bringing to life new and exciting worlds.
  11. MatthewZ Force Ghost

star 4
    The Great Man is immortal.
  12. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
  13. Aegon Starcaster Jedi Master

star 2
    Thankfully he always looks like he's in tip top shape.
    He's quite a snappy dresser as well.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.