main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Celebration '02: The Official "Ask a Question About Indy" Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-John, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I have talked to Darthsox and he will be joining us at the IK meeting on 11/7. He lives in Indy and just learned of the group from WOTC.

There will be a info package shortly :)

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey everyone, I am 90% sure I will be attending Celebration.

I still do not know how I am gettting there)from NYC) and I have not reserved a room yet.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys/gals.

3. Darth-Vicky

Darth-Vicky Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2001
  4. Darth-Vicky

Darth-Vicky Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2001
    Sorry about that blank post-I have been up and at school and work for the last 16 hours. Anyway, I am flying in from Tallahassee and am staying at the Omni Sevrin. Do you know if they have a shuttle from the airport or will I have to take a cab? Thanks for all the other information on your website-it will be helpful come May.

5. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Darth-Vicky, we looking forward to having you here!

First off, you may want to check the Omni Severin's webpage for basic details. However, it didn't say anything about a shuttle service, so I called them.

They advised that they work with a company called Carry Indiana, and basically they are an independent shuttle service that will meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel, etc. Their number is 317-241-7100. The hotel thought it was $10/person, but it's something to check into.

Hope this helps!

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Wow, this is a thread resurrected from the dead for sure :) Hope you have a great time at C2 Darth-Vicky.

And howdy there Qui-John.

7. ANIandAMIDALA4EVER

ANIandAMIDALA4EVER Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Is there any way to still get tickets? Or can I just come and pay an admition? I might see if the rest of my family wants to come.

8. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    There are still plenty of tickets available AJ. Go for it! :)

9. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    [Mr. Hankey]Hoowwwwwwwww-dy Ho!"[/Mr. Hankey]

"Oh, he's not dead...... well, at least, not yet." ;)

Yup, I'm still out here in the ether. Things have been a little... well, things have just Been, y'know what I mean...?

As for this thread, I'd like to thank Darth-Vicky for having the wherewithall to dig through and find it! :D

10. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    More of a suggestion than a question.

How about some suggestions on what "drag-alongs" can do while in Indy. "Drag-alongs" is my word for the non-SW people that are travelling with their loved-ones that are SW fans. They probably aren't all hyped to see the exclusive figure, and couldn't care less what SW actors are going to be there. But to keep them happy, it would be nice to have a list of things they could be doing while we're drooling over the figures and meeting the actors.

Thanks for reading,
    JediAutobot

11. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    You mean other than movies, food, shopping at the mall & other places or the museums? Downtown Indy has something for EVERYONE!

12. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes, I know that! But what malls, specifically what stores, what museums? Do you want to plan anything for the drap-alongs, because most stuff, like shopping is more fun when you're going with someone. Are there any minor league games going on at that time? Any fests? Book fairs? Is there a Borders that has a music night with live music? Are there little trolley cars that will take you on a tour of interesting Indy sights? Are any of the museums free on the days of the Celebration? What are the typical fees? Any internet cafes nearby? If you were in downtown Indy, all by yourself, what would you do?

13. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    there are some really good comic book stores

14. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Really? Now that's something I want to hit. Did you know that Sat is free comic day at comic shops. Dark Horse is going to provide an Ep II book for it's part of the giveaway.

15. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    really? i did not know that. that is awsome. will it be at all of the comic stores or just some of them?

16. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    As long as your comic store orders them. They get them for free and then hand them out to you for free. What I've heard is that Marvel is doing an Ultimate Spidey reprint, DC is doing Justice League Cartoon comic reprint and others will probably announce something soon.

17. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Downtown Comics is about 6-7 blocks from ICC. I know their regular manager is working with on volunteering, but I did warn him about free comic giveaway day. I know they were talking about getting a booth at C2 as well, but I don't know if they have signed up yet.

Actually a lot of the info for right now you can find at www.indyknights.com/links.shtml although I'm sure I need to go through that an update it. If you look through it and see something you would like to see on that page, please post here and ask for it and I can look into what is available.

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I brought up the fact that Free Comics Day would be during Star Wars Celebration II, suggesting that Dark Horse might want to bring extra copies to the event to relieve some of the pressure from Indy comic shops. Dave Land responded that the whole point of the free comic is to get people into comic shops, so the implication was that Dark Horse would not be bringing copies to the Celebration. I hope Indy comic shops are prepared for thousands of Star Wars fans coming through their doors on May 4.

For more information, visit the Free Comic Book Day website. There's supposed to be more information in the next issue of Previews, coming out this week.

Phil

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well we could send word out warning them. I know I could handle getting a warning out to all the Downtown Comics and maybe D-Puppy. It is always nice to warn them. I myself don't know all the names of any other shops, except Comic Carnival but I don't go there. So if anyone here wants to do it, be my guest! ;)

20. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    i have it on good authority that there may be a bookstore IN the convention center selling the new books and backlist titles as well. i'll let you know for certain soon.

what does a person in indy do for fun? go to chicago...

21. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Not sure who your good authority is, but he may be on to something....for soon, I shall be a good authority on this matter as well. ;)

22. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks at Seb-X*

23. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hmm, well I guess this is the most appropriate place I could find to ask this one....Are radar detectors legal in Indiana?

24. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Yep. :) IPD officers won't bother you unless you drive like an idiot. But try to avoid the state police. They have ticket quotas. Oh, excuse me - it's called 'performance objectives.' ;)

25. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Awesome, thanks for the prompt response! heh, sounds just the opposite of Mich. you rarely get bothered by the state cops, but always get bothered by local ones.

Anyways, thanks again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.