San Fran, CA Celebration 2.5 FOR CHANEL AND CALIFORNIA!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    A gather of all the major and minor Star Wars groups and clubs in California (and maybe beyond!). In the wake of tragedy some good has come out of this. Chanel for this very reason is a hero in the very end. I have been talking to many leaders of virtually every major and minor club in California and especially the Bay Area stemming from the 501st, Rebel Legion, other Fan Forces, and smaller independent clubs. We all have agree that is past time to unite in the name of our common bond that is Star Wars and in the memory of Chanel, the one who brought so many of us together.

We are thinking of having a immense celebratory dinner, or picnic, or huge festive thing in which we can all get together swap war stories, share memories of Chanel, and be merry and united in our fandom. We are thinking that Feburary will be an excellent time to do this since it was Chanel's birth month as well Feb 6th was suggested at first but that's also the court date for Eva? Should be do it possibly later in the month possibly? ?[face_plain]

For now we are just in the planning and logistical stages of this event but we will appreciate the input from other Fan Forces and the other clubs in to what we can do for this event. If possible I would also like to see if we can get Lucasfilm sponsorship perhaps for the fans of this state to have one kick a$$ party for all of us in the likes that the world has never seen! Well maybe not that insane but Star Wars was born here I say let's have a celebration that would give Celebration III a run for it's money!!!!!!
  2. Keiran_Horn Force Ghost

star 4
    This sounds like a great idea. I will pass on the info to my FanForce, I know we'd love to attend. :D
  3. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    Be sure to contact Mary F. on this - I bet she can be instrumental in the success of this.

oh - count me in :)
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm afraid I don't have her contact info... Nor Steve Sansweets. :( Any help there would be good!
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll PM it to you, Ming.
  6. Sithlawstudent Jedi Knight

The East Bay Star Wars Club will be there wil bells on!
  7. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll post this on the SVRF boards. They should attend as well. And since it's being planned way ahead of time, we can all clear our schedules for it! :) No one knows how to party like the Rogues, eh Ming?
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh course, we have the biggest explosions! ;)
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    We're thinking of the actual dates for this event of being Feb 7th (Chanel's actual b-day and a saturday) OR Feb 21st (also a Saturday). We're trying not to exclude any group so hopefully we can all agree on a day. Also we need input on what exactly we'll be doing. A "formal" dinner thing for all the clubs or maybe just a festive kinda party? Not to mention WHERE we'll be pulling this event off.

I have a half concocted notion of combining
    C2.5 with the possible showing of all 5 SW at the Coronet which is also in it's rough design plans and logisitics on that is still up in the air... (AJ old buddy don't let me down!) Hopefully, I'll have more solid news concerning both by the end of this weekend. Wish me Force. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.