Celebration 2 After Hours (ADULTS ONLY)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by aaron011, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaron011 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know there are minors going, but what about the adults. Anybody have any ideas for the late shift. I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna be psyched all weekend. There is tons of stuff to do downtown. Hollywood Bar & Filmworks has a midnight movie Sat. nite. There's a crapload of Bars within walking distance of virtually anywhere. Indy has the best set up for events like this. Walk anywhere, take a carriage ride, RICKSHAW? Maybe..
    What do you think?
    Here in INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm totally down with hitting up some bars while I'm out there. I also want to check out the Mardi Gras Etertainment complex located on 49 West Maryland Street. That has a couple of dance clubs and such located there.

John
  3. aaron011 Jedi Knight

star 1
    World Mardi Gras has 5 different clubs on the top floor of the circle center mall (4th floor). Along with United Artist Theaters, a huge game complex, and all stores a mall can offer, there's the Slippery Noodle Inn Blues Bar. Opened in the late 1800's, it's the oldest bar in Indy. Everything's within walking distance.

Invasion Indy
  4. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, being from Indy, and being a frequenter of the bars here, trust me when I say that nobody will be disappointed with the nightlife here. I plan on going out pretty much every night the whole week of the Celebration. Plus, the bars here in Indy are open until 3am, unlike alot of states.

Should be a great time and I expect to run into to alot of SW fans at every bar I hit that week!!!
  5. SWN3RD Jedi Knight

My friends and I just found out we're going! Woohoo!!! One of my friends (that is going again this time) and I went to the one in Denver. We stayed downtown and went out every night. We were staying downtown and just asked locals about where to go. It was great! Can anyone recommend any particular club or bar in Indy?
  6. Grendelbob Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, I can't wait. My group will definitely be downtown hitting the sights. Nothing against the Indy guys, but I'd rather take the cover cost for their party and spend it at one of the bars downtown.

The aniticipation of seeing someone in costume taking shots is building.
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    You might want to reconsider that once some things fall into place and an official announcement about the party is made. They'll be plenty of time for bars afterwards. ;)
  8. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Sebulba, once again you are right!!!

Hehehe...
  9. Muellman Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm up for anything: bars, parties, clubs, miscellaneous late-nite revelry. Just make sure we all keep each other informed of what's going on. Personally, I don't know anything about Indy (or anywhere north of Florida).
  10. aaron011 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes. Sebulba is right about the FF party. There's plenty of time to party. I'm really looking forward to having a great time with true SW fans. On that note, My good friends have a hard rock band. They said everyone can party at their awesome reheasal studio. (the CANTINA) As long as there's no saber play. (And if they're not gigging that night)
  11. Grendelbob Jedi Knight

star 1
    I still stand behind what I said before. This thread is titles "After Hours" so therefore I am automatically assuming that this is in regards to events entirely outside of the Indy Knights Party.

I fully plan on rocking it out McCallum style downtown. Given past trips to Indy, I want to be as cost effective as possible. The 17 bucks definitely seems steep given that they will have, at most, room for only 150 people. I'd rather spend that time barhopping rather than locked down at one room at a hotel. Maybe that's just the McCallum gene.
  12. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    The party is being upgraded to a much larger event...we've already secured a room for upwards of 270 people for reasons I can't go into at the moment. :D
  13. Shequan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The aniticipation of seeing someone in costume taking shots is building.

yeah it is!

Does anyone know what's up with Indiana night life besides the standard bars? And is there a website for this Mardi Gras thing?
  14. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    World Mardi Gras

It's bascially 4 bars at the top of Circle Centre Mall, but you only have to pay one cover fee. Also on the 4th floor is a rather large arcade and a movie theater.
  15. Shequan Jedi Youngling

star 4
  16. Darion_Blade Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone want to have a beer with little old me?
    If I can slip away form the broadcast for a while would love to catch a beer with a normal fan?
    Darion
  17. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Are you talking about the FF Party? We'll be allowed to leave the room to get drinks at the Hyatt's bar and return to the party with the use of cleverly colored wrist bands.
  18. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Gonna be hitting the bars, but Sebulba has me a bit interested in this party. I didn't want to shell out the 17 bucks to get in , but with all of this "wink, wink" going on.......COME ON!!!

What is going on, there Seb?
  19. Darion_Blade Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well Jedi Talk will be there,
    hosts will be broadcasting live and signing anything you want us to sign, Within limits.
    No charge for that. and just to let you all know Jedi Talk is paying to get into the dinner to!
    Darion Blade
  20. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    *beats Darion down* Get back in your cage! ;)

Actually, I'm up for going for a beer with you Darion. Well heck the whole Jedi Talk crew even.

Btw, the evening party on Friday is not the "Indy Knights" party. And as Seb's hinted, the format is changing somewhat. Regardless, it's going to be so cool!

21. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Don't think I'll be going to the FanForce party since I haven't ben posting here that long and wouldn't really know all that many of you. I only know a few names at the moment. However, I AM up for checking out that Mardi Gras complex. I saw that in AOL's digital cities section when I was researching the area as to what there is to do out there. So I'll down a few beers with some people there.

John
  22. whojedi Jedi Master

star 3
    hey John, that's kinda the whole point of the party, nobody really knows many people at all so it is a chance for everyone to get together and preparty (before we hit the bars).

And since this is an adult only thread, ;) I can reiterate what was mentioned earlier, you CAN have alcohol at the party. We will be issuing wristbands when you come it that will allow you to leave and reenter at will, with beers in hand!!! Obviously two different wristbands for all of us over 21 and the padawans.
  23. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Well I would think that a lot of you who have been on the boards longer than I have would know each other at least a little bit already from conversing on here. That's why I thought that I might feel a bit out of place. But then, we all have the same love of Star Wars, I guess it wouldn't really be too awkward at all since I know I would have something to talk about.

John
  24. aaron011 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The fan party on friday is imperitive to attend if you are able. First of all it's friday night and the party ends around midnight, I think. It would be a great starting point for fans to see what is actually up.
    Second, some fans aren't staying downtown and in my case, I live here in Indy. A place to party on Friday night would be something factual to count on doing. Trust me when I say Indy has plenty to do after hours. Jillian's , Crackers Comedy club, Hollywood Bar and Filmworks, World Mardi Gras, A lit up canal walk (beautiful!!!)
    It's a great safe city. Everyone will be amazed at how Indy will impress. Small town flavor in a big city. There's countless other things to do after hours and I would be happy to help or answer any questions anyone has.

Aaron
  25. Bruno_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, count me in! I am up for anything! I plan on attending the FF party friday night and am positive I would want to check out some bars after that. I love going to a different city and seeing what the nightlife is like, and seeing I am staying right across from the convention center I am sure I can find a few clubs within stumbling... er.. walking distance of the hotel. Any information would be appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.