main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 2 After Hours (ADULTS ONLY)

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by aaron011, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    I'll be around Sat night to help anyone who needs it. I'm very familiar with everything downtown. Being in the band scene around here gets you on a first name basis with the night life. OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!

2. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm going to the FF party, but I will be in Indy on Wednesday, so I'd love to get a drink or something with anyone who's up for having fun. Hey, it's a time to lay back and have fun, so I think we all should.

Peace,
    Muellman

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Is anyone planning on seeing SpiderMan Friday night? I thought about going to the FanForce party, but I think I'd rather see SpiderMan with a bunch of CII attendees.

4. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    My friends and I are planning on seeing SpiderMan Friday night. I think someone mentioned before that the Circle Centre Mall has bars and a movie theater.

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    As a test this weekend, some of the Indy Knights, most of which were in costume., went around to a bunch of the bars in downtown Indy to test the waters and get the word out about C2. Most of them were receptive, for the most part, but two in particular were not receptive to people in costume being there. World Mardi Gras and Have a Nice Day Cafe were these two clubs/bars. Now I'm not telling you to not go there, but if you go there in costume, don't plan on getting a warm reception. The following were, though, very receptive and gave us a warm welcome:

Lotus
    Tiki Bob's
    Jillian's
    Claddagh Irish Pub (who saw us on the street and actually came outside to get us to come in)
    Slippery Noodle Inn

Of course we didn't hit every bar, but those are some of the main ones on Meridian Street.

Btw, we were trying to get the theatre at Circle Centre Mall to do a midnight screening of Spiderman but from what I've heard they don't want to. There may be an early morning screening, though, whatever that means. I'll get more details on that.

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    World Mardi Gras was un-receptive to costumed patrons? Are you serious? This is the same place that has photo's from their "Build Your Own Bikini" Contest on their website! Dang, I really wanted to check that place out, being 4 bars and all. Not that I was going to be in costume, but if fellow SW fans in costume are unwelcome, then I will just have to take my business elswhere.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, their beer isn't any colder or tastier than anyone elses. It isn't my scene anyway.

8. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Yeah, down with the Mardi Gras place!! It looked totally cheesy anyway.

Thanks for giving it a test run, Indy Knights. Good idea!

What's up with Tiki Bob's? Is it a Polynesian-style bar? Sounds cute...

9. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    im up for some late night drinking. i also am a regular at the bars. anywhere is good by me :)

10. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Shara, you guys were brave to go test the waters like that! Way to take one for the team!

:)

11. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Bars..yes I like bars.

12. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Mmm, beer. The more unpronounceable, the better. :)

13. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    CRUD! THIS SUCKS!
    I'm just about to post "Yay, let's go!" when I remember that you have to be 21 TO DRINK IN THE STATES! Noooooooooooooo!

Here in Canada the age is 19 :( and I'm perfectly responsible...CRAP!

14. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    we'll toast in your honor.

:D

15. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    wow, thanks for doing the "leg work" it will make it much easier for fans to have the best time possible. :D

We're game! Flyers should be made and posted at the message area at the convention center!

Leah

16. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Your welcome all. It was fun, besides. Tiki Bob's sort of has that hawaiian feel but it really wasn't much different than other club/bars. You can also dance on the bar (they have a ladder for it) I think the World Mardi Gras thing had more to do with the rent-a-cops and mall attitude. The bar probably would have let us in. You have to go through the mall to get to the clubs, though. Oh well.

17. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Lelila:

I'm sure some crazy group of us StarWars nuts will end up getting some beer and Absolut and go to a hotel room (or someplace else) to party. And I'm sure you'll be invited.

Also: Indy Knights: Thanx a bunch for the info. What is last call, though? It's 2am own in Florida, so is it later up there (being in the midwest)?

18. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Zuck..... what the heck?

As far as last call, I'm not sure usually when the strip clubs kick you out at 3AM you (me) still have a beer in your (my) hands.

19. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    So have we decided on any place to meet up? Perhaps we could find a club or a bar after the FanForce party.

John

20. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Why do I have a feeling that we will be finding a whole lot of clubs and bars after the FanForce Party!!!

21. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    What's wrong with that? :-D

John

22. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Absolutely nothing!!! :D

23. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000