Celebration 2 Media Coverage

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by YodaJeff, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    This thread is where you can link to different stories related to Celebration 2 from the media, not just news and reports from Star Wars fan sites.

The first is an E! News Live report from the Celebration 2 convention. It features brief interviews with Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Daniel Logan and Temuera Morrison. There's also footage of a wedding proposal!
    You can download the footage (10.5 Mb, 1:42, QuickTime 5) [link=http://download.theforce.net/e_celebration2.mov]here[/link]

I also know that CNN had some coverage, but I can't find the link to download that video.

I saw some coverage on local Indy stations while I was in my hotel room.

Have you seen anything else on TV? Do you have a link to a newspaper article discussing C2? This is the place to put it.
  2. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the link. We actually saw the part where Vader is choking that dude.
  3. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I was interviewed by CNN, can anyone please find any CNN footage???????????????

email me immediately. I was Plo Koon.

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I was interviewed by the local news, but didn't get to see it. :(
    Anyone see a girl with long brown hair wearing Padme's picnic dress on the news?
  5. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I saw the Padme dress on Fox in Indy.
  6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Coolness. It may have been me. :)
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, there was a TON of coverage of the CII in Indy, but probably not much elsewhere. :-\

I became friends with girls at the Celebration and one of them was taped by 6 news channels and over 20 home videos. :p Just from hanging around them I got in the background of a whole bunch of stuff. :p

http://apeatevader.tripod.com/Celebration2/StephSteph_2.jpg

(Sorry, but you have to copy and paste because it's Tripod)

The the two I hung out with are the two on the right, and the one on the far right is specifically the one who got on all the news channels.
  8. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    By the way, when I woke up on Friday morning and turned on the news, the weatherman was using a lightsaber during his forecast. I thought that was pretty cool.
  9. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Tonight, TechTV's Extended Play will talk about the Celebration. [link=http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/shownotes/story/0,24330,3382860,00.html]Here's a link to their site[/link]. It looks like it airs tonight at 9pm Eastern Time, but be sure to check your local listings.

This week on "Extended Play" we bring you everything "Star Wars" related from the Star Wars: Celebration II event in Indianapolis. We've got reviews of the hottest "Star Wars" games, past and present. We also take a sneak peek preview at "Star Wars Galaxies" (PC) and "Star Wars: Clone Wars" (PS2/GCN).

Features
    The Star Wars: Celebration II
    Star Wars Videogame History - Watch this only on "Extended Play."

Reviews
    "Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader" (GCN)
    "Star Wars Racer Revenge" (PS2)
    "Star Wars Jedi Starfighter" (PS2)

Previews
    "Star Wars Galaxies" (PC)
    "Star Wars: Clone Wars" (PS2/GCN)

By the way, the CNN footage I found was only a couple of minutes long. It looked like it was recorded starting in the middle of the report. The majority of it showed the Rubies booth. I didn't see a Plo Koon in it, but again, I think the beginning part wasn't recorded.
  10. Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    You found CNN footage? Do you have the link???
  11. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You know, I remember those guys from TechTV being at the FF table on Saturday and talking to someone from FF (can't remember if it was you or not).

So, what network carries TechTV, or is it a web-cast?
  12. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    TechTV is a channel that is carried by many cable and satellite providers.

I found CNN footage earlier this week, but I can't remember where I found it. It may have been over at swsotf.net before the site went down.
  13. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master

star 5
    The Extended Play on TechTV was pretty good. Obviously they spent most of the time hanging out near the LucasArts booth and the computer gaming area getting all the gaming info they needed. There was a little bit at the beginning where they showed footage of a lot of fans and the whole convention hall, but after that they mostly talked to LucasArts folks and did game reviews.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.