main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3 Art Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by gatodama, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I knew before leaving for C3 that going to the art show with all of those prints was going to break my bank...and I was correct.

I got a total of 13 artists' prints including Ken Steacy's collage of 3.

I took a picture of each of the artists whom I've bought the prints from except for Cat Staggs. I regret about forgetting to take her picture, but there's no way to fix that problem now.

I did take a picture of Tsuneo Sanda even though I didn't buy his print. I was very tempted, but I was already broke from the other prints that I bought. To ease my sadness, I got his autograph on a mini-copy of his print instead. [face_love]

I want to say thank you to each and every one of the artists who showcased their talents at C3. The prints were all incredible, but I was in a hurry...so I only bought 12 on Thursday.

That little buying spree lead to an interesting story for Sat and Sun when I went to pick up my prints. The story showed how wonderful the artists are and I can't thank them enough, especially Chris Trevas. THANK YOU Chris Trevas! You are my hero! :) [face_love]

On Sunday, I bought the print from Steve Anderson after quickly bypassing his table among others on Thursday. There were others that I wouldn't mind getting...but I was out of time and money by then. Perhaps next time.... :)

2. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    The art show was amazing! it was not as busy as I thought it should have been - no line even !!
    so much talent on display there. I bought from the following four artists I would love to have bought from all you artists and got the entire set of them but my budget was tight!!

Jerry Vanderstelt - was probably my fav, the art was so crisp the vader image was to die for!

Russell Walks - a sweet image of Padme and the lake retreat a great likeness and' queenly air' to the always sexy Natalie.

Adam Hughes - fantastic print I got number 77 too (very happy with that ;-) ) a really cool comic like page even has 05/25 at the bottom clever stuff, great.

Jason Palmer - an awesome homage to 25th Ann. of ESB and Jason is a really cool sweet guy. Jason did a great sketch too of the end scene of empire with L & L and droids looking at the falcon. I LOVE IT!

It was great to meet all of you and look forward very much to the next art show.

3. BalooKen

BalooKen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    So can we still purchase the Jerry Vanderstelt print somewhere? Hopefuly??!! :)

By the way, all of the artists were great! My daughter had Jeff Chandler draw a custom postcard with Shakk Ti on it. I think other than getting the autograph of the real Shakk Ti, that made my daughter's trip! She's a budding young artist following in her Daddy's footsteps, and I like her to see that all of the cool artwork created out there is put together by normal, nice people. All of you were awesome!

4. hollywood_randy

hollywood_randy LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Justa reminder.
    The Star Wars Shop is now offering many of the exclusive Celebration 3 prints at the Star Wars shop. They are still limited, so get them while they last.
    Randy
    check it out here,
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3588;category_id=334;pcid1[face_talk_hand]pcid2=

5. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Folks if you want these prints you better get them while they are hot...My print was up for a week and has since sold out!

6. aries6

aries6 LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the beautiful banner which hung in the Art Show has been donated for Liningup.Net and Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation's auction to celebrate the release of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith."  It is 10ft x 3 ft and autographed by the following artists:

Steve Anderson
    Joe Corroney 
    Cynthia Cummens 
    Jan Duursema
    Tommy Lee Edwards 
    Tom Hodges 
    Adam Hughes
    Randy Martinez 
    Monte Moore
    Jason Palmer 
    Brian Rood 
    Tsuneo Sanda