Celebration 3... Boston?

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure what it would cost to rent a table at the Con :confused: ,but I'll look into it if you guys are interested!!

2. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All of them may be taken by now, but I'd be willing to pitch in, depending on the cost.
  3. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  4. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    ok I'll give them a call tomorrow.

And just to keep this thread from straying off topic,I'll start a new one when I get the info!!
  5. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good! Good! //Emperor's cackle.
  7. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    //Really bad lando impression//
    I'm just trying to help
  8. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just upping this in case this idea is still alive. It's getting close to the perma-close region.
  9. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    is this going to happen?
  10. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I doubt it. t's probably going to be in Indy again. And like a moron, I'm probably going again! LOL It wasn't that be, just be prepared to spend most of your time waiting...

or waiting in line to get a ticket so you can go wait in another line
  11. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be going as well but this time I will buy one of those folding chairs.
  12. Jedi Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    But was the experience worth the wait?
  13. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    For the most part yes. What sucks is waiting in line 2 hours and then not being able to get in.
    If, for some reason, they actual have people organize it next time, it could be much better.
    Although the idea of standing in line to get a ticket to stand in another line is ridiculous, it at least prevents you from waiting and not getting let in to the event.
    Lots of people complained about the autograph lines and they weren't bad at all...unless you were after Carrie Fisher. That was like a 6 hour wait at one point!!
    You can see some pics I took over HERE
  14. Katriel Jedi Master

star 4
    Howdy. I've just gotten through reading this whole thread and I've got to admire you guys for your work and perseverence.

The one thing you guys haven't considered is that Celebration always takes place in early May. What happens in May every year in Boston? Everyone graduates college. There wouldn't be enough hotel rooms to support both the graduation influx and the convention.

But even then, the hotel prices would keep a lot of people from coming. Economically, it makes sense to stay in a city like Indianapolis. Its cheaper for Wizards to rent the space and they know its cheaper for the attendees as far as hotel/travel goes.

I keep hearing San Diego is where it will be (thru rumors).
  15. Nikki Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that Celebration 3 here in Boston would be a great idea. I wasnt able to go to indy last time, so im just hoping that they do it here....but where would it take place? Bayside expo center?

16. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    We were thinking the new convention center that's being built for 2004.
  17. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    There's no way they could do it at Bayside...at least i don't think so. They had a ton of people for C2 and plenty of room, but poor organization
  18. Nikki Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didnt think it could be held there. I go to the boat show every year there, and its soo crowded its not even funny. Plus, almost all of the people there are Bostonians-- Next let's try half the population of the star wars fandom.....>.<

EDIT: Wait, new convention center? where's that going to be?
  19. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Nikki Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: :eek: :eek: We have ROOM for that? Wow.....
  21. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    If Boston can hold the Democratic Convention,it can handle CIII [face_plain]

We should start up on this thing again.Get a petition started or something.Write letters to whoever needs to know about this new Con center.
  22. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    We can give it the ol' academy try, but I don't think they'll move it even if the whole state writes in. Indiana is too central for the US. They'd risk losing some people by shifting it to one coast or the other.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.