Celebration 3... Boston?

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Give it up Mike,you alone is not good reason for it to come to town. 8-}

Ok,well I guess it's finally done,not the greatest site but it may help us round up some more people.I added a poll on the front page,about Celebration 3 coming to town.Hopefully it will help us tally up fan votes.

[link=http://bostonfanforce.freeservers.com]BostonFanForce.freeservers.com[/link]

2. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Awesome Roy! This is better than anything we have ever had. I commend you!
  3. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanx Dave,it's not exactlly the website I wanted to do but it serves the purpose for now.
  4. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Yeah, but its still better than anything we have ever had.
  5. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    That's great. I'll e-mail some people, and include the link. I'll tell them they don't even have to join, but maybe just throw their support.
  6. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    As will I. I know lots of folk who will be glad to lend a hand in our worthy cause.
  7. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thats great Will,we gotta get a ton of people to visit the site and vote.

we gotta find away to get the site out so people from the area and New England will see it.
  8. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Lots of e-mails shall be sent out. And maybe at the meet, if we go to a library or something, we could make up some flyers and leave them around. That way people will pick em up and become aware.
  9. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Good thinking Dave!!

If anyone has some kind of ideas for the flyer make em' up.More than one flyer may be good to.
  10. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
  11. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Ok, I bow before Roy in website construction. His blows mine right out of the water.
  12. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Right out of cyberspace :) .

I'll make a few flyers. I don't have a color ink cartrage though, I might be able to go to my grandparents...
    Yes, I'll do that. Give me some ideas about what to write.
  13. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well, give them the link to the site first off. Also, I'm thinking we should create a separate e-mail account for this. Personally, I don't want any of my e-mail addresses floating around Boston.

ie:

swcelebration3@hotmail.com

I'll make it if you guys think it would be a good idea.
  14. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    well Tie we get an email account threw the site,we can just use that one.
  15. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Good idea. I had a half day today, so I'll got make one. If you guys don't want to use it, that's fine. I just have some spare time.
  16. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Yeah, we should definatly use a @fanforce.net adress.
    like...Celebration3@fanforce.net
    or
    BostonRebels@fanforce.net
    Something like that.
  17. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    I registered two, so we can decide:

swCelebration3@fanforce.net

BostonRebels@fanforce.net

I have the passwords. If anyone wants them, PM me. It might not be a goo idea just to post them.
  18. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I say use the one:

BostonRebels@FanForce.Net

The other one might get people confused,thinking its some official e-mail addy.Let me double check the e-mail settings for the site.

I'm in the same situation Dave,I have no ink in my printer.Guess its of to Staples to get some ink.I'm gonna try and come up with a couple of flyers myself.

19. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah, BostonRebels will probably be better. For the e-mail, so far I have:

Subject: Star Wars: Celebration 3 - Boston?

Greetings. I am a fellow Star Wars fan living north of Boston. A year or two ago, I joined the Boston Star Wars FanForce (now called the "Boston Rebels") on www.fanforce.net, a web site based off of www.theforce.net. At the FanForce, there are message boards where around ten of us post, and others come and go. It is a place to chat with other Star Wars fans in the area, as well as plan meetings to attend (ie: we recently saw The Fellowship of the Ring and attended Higgins Armory).

As of now, Star Wars: Celebration 2 is almost here to celebrate the opening of Episode II: Attack of the Clones. However, we at the Boston FanForce are trying to plan something big. When Episode III is released, we want to try and have Celebration 3 held in Boston! If you would like to help make this possible, please e-mail:

ImpStarDeuce@aol.com (my e-mail)

or

BostonRebels@fanforce.net (the "club's" e-mail)

Any support would be much appreciated, and all we will probably need is an e-mail address.

Thank you,
    Will
    TIEace (my nickname on the message boards)
  20. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    The body needs some work, but I typed that off of my head.
  21. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    That was pretty good. But I think the e-mail shouldn't be so personal and such; it should be from our group in general. And I think Eric should be the one with his name at the end because he is our master...er, City Rep.
  22. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Subject: Star Wars: Celebration 3 - Boston?

Greetings. The Boston Rebels are fellow Star Wars fans living throughout Massachusetts. We are based on www.fanforce.net, a web site based off of www.theforce.net. At the FanForce, there are message boards where around ten of us post, and others come and go. It is a place to chat with other Star Wars fans in the area, as well as plan meetings to attend.

As of now, Star Wars: Celebration 2 is almost here to celebrate the opening of Episode II: Attack of the Clones in Indiana. However, we at the Boston FanForce are trying to plan something big. When Episode III is released, we want to try and have Celebration 3 held in Boston! If you would like to help make this possible, please e-mail:

(not sure if Eric wants his AOL address)

or

BostonRebels@fanforce.net (the "club's" e-mail)

Any support would be much appreciated, and all we will probably need is an e-mail address.

Thank you,
    Eric (city rep) & the Rebels
    Grand Admiral Reese
  23. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
  24. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'll send it out as soon as Eric gets a chance to read it.
  25. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Looks good but,who are you gonna send em' out to?

We might get some bad reactions to it if its just spammed to people!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.