main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3... Boston?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Oh!! we didnt forget!!! ;)

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Earlier in the thread the question of whether the Big Dig would be complete in time for Celebration 3. The Big Dig will be complete and the demolition of the elevated Central Artery should be complete and we should have 27 acres of new open space in the heart of Boston. What better way for Star Wars to celebrate it's completion than to combine it with the completion of the Greatest Public Highway project in the history of the world.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Also the new Boston Convention center will be open in 2004. The new underground highway will have exits right to the convention center. Here is a link with information about the new Convention Center....

Convention Center

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Maybe this really could happen. :)

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Ryno- a new hope ;)
    seriously, thats new info. You should come to the next meet Ryno so we can talk about this. In those last two posts you got more done than we did in a entire meet devoted to planning Celebration 3 [face_plain] .

6. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    The Big Dig will be complete and the demolition of the elevated Central Artery should be complete and we should have 27 acres of new open space in the heart of Boston.

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to submerge a highway underground is insignificant next to the power of Celebration 3! :D

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
  8. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    This bickering is pointless! Release him Dowe!

9. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    :D

Well, Ryno definately gave us some actual reasons we can use!

10. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    This bickering is pointless! Release him Dowe!

As you wish... *breathes* ;)

So when do we finalize the email and get it spamming...I mean circulating...around cyberspace? :)

11. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I can spam it to many AOL addresses. You've never heard of Will? He's the one who spammed the Yahoo mainframe in 12 parsecs.

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    lol!
    Be careful though...
    How can they be jamming our spam if they don't know...if we're coming.
    All spammers pull up! Prepare to retreat!

13. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    The AOL member directory makes it easy to find people, but there is no guarantee that they actually read it. However, that's where IMs come in. I plan to get a small list going on my screen name ImpStarDeuce and maybe IM a couple of people.

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Be careful Will. We don't want the Rebels to look like a group of organised spammers.

15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have another reason showing why the Boston Covention Center due to open in 2004 is the ideal place to hold Celebration 3 in 2005.

The The Indiana Convention Center & RCA Dome offers a total 403,700 square feet. This space is spreadout through differnet levels and even different buildings. The new Boston Convention center will feature 516,000 square feet of contiguous exhibition space on one level.

16. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Nice. Good idea. So are you coming to the next meet? We might have a chance after all!

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The next meet is the 30th which is a Saturday. Saturdays are tough for me but I will see if I can clear that day.

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Just to let you know in advance, our meets are on Saturdays. :)

19. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    No Email Spamming

On the flyers we can put the website address on it,Maybe we can get a newletter of sorts going!!

Ryno,definately try and see if you can make the meet,we have to get some planning done.We need Clebration III to be in Boston,Its our only hope!!!

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yes, you must help us Ryno!

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have cleared my plans for the 30th. I will be there.

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Good! Good! [/Cackle like Emperor]

23. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I am looking forward to the 30th.

I have taken the liberty of putting together a list of people and groups that may be able to provide information that may be useful in swaying Wizards of the Coast to bringing Celebration 3 to Boston. I figure those that would like to talk about that subject can decide which people and groups could be the most helpful in our quest. As passionate as we are about Star Wars we will need some hard data to sell them on Boston. I think that have plenty of time to put this together and should meet to talk about it before sending out petitions and spam E-mail. If we have things settled before we go public with our idea I think we will have a better chance.

24. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Nice work, Ryno!

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have written an E-mail to send to Dave Gross the Editor in Chief of Star Wars Insider. The purpose is to basically introduce the group and that we wish to bring Celebration 3 to Boston. I have not sent the letter yet because I would like feedback on it and any suggestions that anyone has. Here is the letter....

Dear Mr. Gross,

My name is Scott Sliney and I am writing on behalf of a group of dedicated Star Wars fans named the Boston Rebels that wish to have the next Star Wars Celebration held in the city of Boston.

I realize that your fine company has not even held the Star Wars Celebration Two yet. However we feel that it is best to get started early in our effort to convince Wizards of the Coast that our historic city is an appropriate place to celebrate the final Star Wars film.
    As I write this we are gathering all relevant data on our city to create a proposal showing all the reasons that Boston would be an ideal host for Celebration Three.

The reason that I am writing to you at this juncture is that I was hoping that you could provide me with an address or contact person that we can send our proposal once it is completed.

The city of Boston has many exciting developments nearing completion, From the Big Dig to the beautiful South Boston Convention Center both of which will be finished in 2004. These new projects will only increase the beauty and hospitality of our world class city.

I along with the rest of my fellow Boston Rebels look forward to showing Wizards of the Coast why Boston will be the place to hold Star Wars Celebration in 2005.

Sincerely,
    Scott Sliney and the Boston Rebels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.