main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3... Boston?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Yeah, if you see Mysty, tell him Eric says hi.

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's looking very good for me going. It turns out that one of the hotels is the Omni Severin Hotel. Which is the Hotel chain my friend works for. I may get it for free.

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Have fun dude. I wish I could go...ah

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
  5. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    No... [face_plain]

...alright yes :( ;)

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If I do go I will bring back lots of pictures and information.

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Thanks Ryno!

8. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
  9. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Ryno, you continue to impress!

10. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have great news!!! I just got an E-mail from Kristie Crawford who works for Wizards of the Coast. She will be the person that we submit our proposal to bring Celebration 3 to Boston. She will then bring it to the Events Staff. We now have two contacts at Wizards of the Coast!!!

11. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    That is so awesome!!! Ryno, I'd kiss you if I was behind a computer screen and if I wasn't a guy (not that there's anything wrong with that). Great work!!!

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Ryno,you rule!!!

did she mention anything that we might wanna try and do to help get them here??

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    No, It was just a letter letting me know to present her with our proposal and she will then bring it to the appropriate parties. I am working on a letter asking her for any insight she can provide on the information that Wizards will need. I will also try to set up a meeting with her if she is going to be at Celebration 2.

14. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have finished the letter to send to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center asking for help with our efforts to bring celebration 3 here. Take a look.

Dear Sir or Madame,

My name is Scott Sliney and I am writing on behalf of a passionate group of Star Wars fans that are attempting to convince a company by the name of Wizards of the Coast to consider bringing a very large convention to the Boston area in 2005. The convention is known as Star Wars Celebration. This convention is the largest Star Wars convention in the world. It is held in conjuncture with the release of all new Star Wars films. The current Celebration is being help in Indianapolis, Indiana in May of 2002. This convention draws thousands of fans from all over the country as well as the rest of the world. The convention in 2005 will celebrate the final Star Wars movie ever made and will become part of entertainment history.

We feel that the new Boston Convention & Exposition Center would be the ideal host to this once in a lifetime event. What better way to show the rest of the world the amazing new developments in our wonderful city. Soon, Boston will not only be a city with a rich history but it will also be a city of the future with it's groundbreaking underground highway and world class convention center.

Our group, known as the Boston Rebels, has already made contact with Wizards of the Coast to make them aware of our desire for them to consider making Boston the home of Star Wars Celebration in 2005.

If it would be at all possible for you to provide us with public relations materials or any information on your exciting new Boston Convention & Exposition Center that could help us to show that Boston would be an ideal host we would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Scott Sliney and the Boston Rebels

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Your a wonderful human being, Ryno!

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Nice Job!!

I think that they would really like to do it,like you mentioned at the meet.

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Actually, I heard on the radio that the new convention center may not get enough use and they might have to close the Hynes convention center if it doesn't. So this could provide temperary help for them.

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    why would they close the Hynes if the new con center doesnt get much use?that doesnt make sense!!

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    So the new convention center would get more use. Duh! ;)

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

doh!!!

21. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    This is becoming more and more real every time Ryno posts!

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
  23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, if they can't have it at the convention center, there's always the Fleet Center. (That way we New Hampshire folk can just walk up the stairs from the Downeaster...) ;)

24. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Is the Fleet Center big enough for a convention like Celebration 3?

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    no, one of the two big convention centers should be able to hold it. They wouldn't pass something like this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.