main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3... Boston?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I would love to see it here, just as much as any of you. But realistically, they're probably not going to shift it to one coast or the other potentially limiting the people that would attend.
    They moved Gencon (which has been in Milwaukie almost forever) to Indy. Not much of a move, staying in the central part of the country. Ah well...
    If you look at the 1st pic on that link TK posted, I work in the vaguely silo-looking building on the far right. Oops! Did I say silo..i meant, uh..cone shaped..yeah...not hiding anything here.

We're all fine here now, thank you...How are you?

2. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    "We're sending a squad up."

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Negative...ah, we have a...reactor leek here. Very dangerous...give us a couple seconds to lock it down.

Who is this? Whats your operating number?

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    //blaster fire

5. lord_kroulous

lord_kroulous Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Hello

I was wondering what people in the Star wars films will be at the next star wars convention in boston. I really need to know who is going and when it is. Thanks

Rocky

6. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Just like we told you in the other thread YOU started,remember,the guest list wont be known til Aug 1st.

This thread had nothing to do with that con!!

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    As far as the guest list goes,I would not count on the list being up on the 1st. As I recall they were always late on promised updates to the site last year.

Perhaps we should plan on getting some kind of membership drive going at the Convention.

8. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Thats a good idea Ryno.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a table at the con.We could set up a table promoting the Rebels and Fanforce.Maybe even get the New England 501st garrison to help us out,you know they will be there!!

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    We should try to make contact with the 501st. After meeting them at Celebration 2 I think they would be willing to help out. They are very cool. Maybe we can work something out with the organizers for a free table. Perhaps some of us could volunteer if we can pass out information.

10. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    THAT is a good idea.

11. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Even better- a good idea.

12. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Sounds like a plan.

Just for the record, even if the Celebration doesn't make it to Boston, I will be driving to Indy. Road trip, anyone? :D

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Those are some big plans for someone who can't even make more than one meet ;)

I'm up for a road trip!

14. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Yes, but by then I will have a car.

Me + Car = Meets and Celeb 3

15. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Hmm...if Celebration 3 does wind up in Indy, you can be sure I'll be going to that one.

Of course, it being in Boston would be better...

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    What can I say Pellaeon69187? I spent all my Star Wars money at Celebration 2 and had to save up some more so I could go to another meet. Just for your dig I won't let you see my picture of this cute girl in a Slave Leia costume. ;)

17. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I was talking about Will. Just giving him a hard time for not making more than one meet when he has been here even longer than I have.
    I understand that your busy and lack money. Don't worry about it.

And please call me either Pell or Dave.

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    "Ah, negative, negative. We have a lactating reek here...Very dangerous..."

*ahem!* The table sounds like a cool idea to get some fresh meat for the Rebels. Hehe, listen to me, one meet under my belt and I'm talking about fresh meat LOL

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    "Ah, negative, negative. We have a lactating reek here...Very dangerous..."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Celebration 3 owns Boston.

Sorry, seemed like the right thing to say.

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yes it does!

22. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    There are some interesting in regards to Celebration 3. Now that Star Wars Insider and the Fan Club the new owners may have some new ideas about Celebration 3. I am attempting to find a way to contact Paizo Publishing,LLC. It appears that many of the people that have been working the Insider will be staying on.

Regardless of who is running things I don't think Indy is written in stone for Wizards. Gen Con 2002 is not going to be in Indianapolis it is still going to be in Milwaukee according to Wizards advertisement in Star Wars Infinities Empire Strikes Back.

I spoke with several people from Wizards at Celebration 2 and they were less than impressed with the folks from The Convention Center.

It will be very tough to convince them to bring Celebration 3 to Boston but it's worth the effort.

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Just so I know for sure,the table we were talking about getting is for the con in Nov right??

24. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    This is the last year for GenCon in Milwaukie. They're moving it to Indy next year.
    At least, that's been the plan for the past 2 years before they actually did a con there...

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    How much would this table cost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.