main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Celebration 3 costumes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    C3?!?! I don't even know what I'll wear for Balticon!! And then there's DragonCon to think of.... With any luck, I'll have the Jedi outfit I want, a decent Sith, a kickin' Aunt Beru, and my battle handmaiden. Ken should have his Death Star Security guy ensemble by then. Of course, I'm also in the "Not costuming all the time" camp - unless it's real comfy it gets mitey annoying. And hot.

2. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm going as HanJones. Fedora hat, safari shirt, leather bomber jacket, bullwhip, blaster, pants with a Correllian bloodstripe and black boots. :)

3. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger,
    We should definitely plan on getting together to rehearse some of the bits from the duel. I think it'd be really cool to actually work out a scene rather than just standing there facing each other with sabers "ignited".

VK

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce, sounds like great :) Maybe in late July we can have our first rehersal. I'm looking forward to it.

5. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Cool Roger! I'm looking forward to it as well. I've had a little fencing training so maybe that'll help us a bit. And of course we have the movie to watch over and over to get down all the right moves!

6. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah within a a couple of hours we'll probably have the up, down, swing, parry, thrust thing down pat. I don't think I'm gonna be able to pull off having my hand lopped of though.

7. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    "That doesn't mean he can't play the others as well. I play the Sax, Bass and piano. so stop trying to start a fight with me Jeff "

Excuse me? ?[face_plain] Who's starting a fight? If you actually came to a meeting sometime, you would know that he plays the oboe. That's all I was saying. Why is it you always assume I'm starting a fight?

Some people. [face_plain] *ROLLS EYES*

8. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Actually.. I really only play the oboe and cor anglais.. flutes/wooden flutes as well.

I'm thinking of getting a kit for a renaissance capped double reed instrument called a Cornamuse
    I think if I paint/stain it properly it will look like a fanfar

http://www.earlymusic.i12.com/general/prod_2.htm

If all else fails, I can play my oboe (though we're talking about a 4K+ real instrument I'm not sure I want to wander around with all day)

9. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Do they make toy oboes? That'd be funny.

10. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I swear you guys all conspire behind my back to give me headaches. (Although today's headache is actually work related. :) )

I would love to see a Bith costume. That's one I don't think I've ever seen done before; you'd certainly stand out!

Bruce and Roger as Luke and Vader... super cool. :D

11. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    "I would love to see a Bith costume. That's one I don't think I've ever seen done before; you'd certainly stand out!"

Then I'll do it just for you Val!

-Tee hee!

12. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok Roger, we won't go quite that far into the fight where limbs go flying. We'll probably have enough of that going on during our practice sessions!

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    /\ :eek: I so wish there wasn't so much truth to that.

Oh well, if it makes you feel any better I will have armor and gloves on :p

14. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    well, if it still fits I will definitely wear my Ceremonial Leia gown. It's too beautiful not to wear. :)
    Also I might have a Bespin Leia by then, who knows, or an Endor Leia.

15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Got 10 yards of screaming orange fabric for my bday, so "X-wing pilot" is on my list (need to find a reliable helmet source).

Also Naboo battlemaiden... Mal, can you ask your friend where she got that burgundy velveteen? I thought you said it was from some website...

16. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    By the way, I do have some fencing sabers we can use for practice so we're not beating the hell out of our VERY EXPENSIVE replicas.

17. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Liz! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... :D :D :D

18. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Why yes, Zak, I am! :D

19. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Alright! Now I might just have to actually spring for one of those Master Replicas medals. I haven't worn one in the past, and just told people that I hadn't walked down the aisle yet. :D

Does anyone possibly know of a cheap way to make or otherwise procure a Yavin medal?

20. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    Sculpy is pretty cool. :) have you ever worked with it?

21. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Your asking a junior high art teacher... (Duh!)

:D :D :D

Yeah, I guess I never thought of making it myself. :)

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm sure you could do it! for my Leia necklace I used sculpy the first time. of course they paint I used melted so I threw the necklace out. This time I am making it with pieces from bracelets I found at Target. Hopefully this will work better. anyway, you should consider making it! Otherwise, check ebay. :)

23. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, I was just checking ebay, 'cuz M.R. just sold out. All the ones on Ebay are around $150 ($50 more than M.R.). Maybe I can find one for sale from some sort of prop-maker person...

And I just now realized, I'm gonna have to grow my hair out long and dye it blonde again, like I did for C2... :)

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I can't picture you with long hair for some reason!

yeah, I am growing my hair out too. It is easier to put it up when I don't have bangs.

25. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Hey Roger! Does your Vader costume have an MP3 with his breathing??? [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.