main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Celebration 3 FanForce Group Hotel Discount

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Jedi_Master_Sal of the Pittsburgh Fanforce, has been given authorization to coordinate CIII Fanforce Group Discount Hotel rooms for ALL of Fanforce. The deadline to get a Discount Group Reservation with Fanforce is July 1st. The more people we have signing up for the Fanforce group rate, the cheaper everyone's rate will be.

======================
    Message from Sal
    ======================

I am authorized to negotiate a group rate for all of Fanforce. It is my hope to secure a full hotel connected to the convention center (by skywalk) for all of Fanforce before the general public is able to book rooms. I am fairly confident that this is possible.

What I need from you all is a tally of FIRM numbers of interested people from your respective Fanforce chapters. (Also, if you have some "possibles," you may give me a count for those as well.)

Please format your numbers as such:
    Pittsburgh FF: 14 Firm, 6 Possibles

I will need your final tally no later than July 1st, so that I may compile the list and start negotiating with GenCon (the promoters of CIII).

The 501st already has a deal through them for 250 rooms, but I am confident that with the combined presence of Fanforce we will be able to have many more rooms requested, and could then present a valid case for special consideration in regards to discount rates and "pre-booking".

The room rates quoted to me so far (this was by one specific hotel so rates may differ slightly)
    were as such:

$134 per night for a single (1 person) 1 double bed
    $144 per night for a single (2 person) 1 king bed
    $154 per night for a single (3 person) 1 king bed, 1 roll out bed
    $164 per night for a single (4 person) 2 doubles

These numbers HAVE NOT been guaranteed. The price quotes and room sizes where only an initial quote and that by submitting a request it does NOT guarantee that a chapter will have rooms reserved for them.

A deal first has to be made with GenCon. Once that deal is made and we know GenCon is holding those rooms can we count on it being a guarantee.

The submission of requests is to show to GenCon proof of what FanForce is proposing. BTW, chapters CAN submit requests after the July 1st deadline, but I need to get the proposal into GenCon on that date. If other chapters want to sign up after and the deal can be made, that can only serves to bolster our numbers and position. They are welcome to join. It should be noted though that if a deal is made for the room numbers I submit on July1st that GenCon may only be able to honor THAT amount of rooms, so urgency is needed.

Should the actual rates be different (whether higher or lower) you will be notified immediately after I receive that information.

The bed size may vary by hotel. You will also be notified of that should it differ than what is quoted here.

The information contained in the replies I receive will figure prominently in the negotiating process and, as a result, will need to be as accurate as humanly possible since a contract will most likely need to be drawn up.

Do not "pad" your numbers. Only firm numbers, please. (The "possibles" may be taken into account, but I suspect that unlikely.) We, as Fanforce, can not be responsible for extra rooms not filled, so once again I urge you to be absolutely confident with your figures before you submit them to me.

Since this is just the beginning of the negotiation phase, I do not yet have any answers regarding who, how, and when you will be able to pay for rooms. Rest assured that I will post this information immediately after finding out, so as to give you and your respective members as much time as possible to make whatever decisions you need to make regarding payment.

If there are any questions regarding CIII room booking, please PM me for now and I will ensure that a special thread be made for this, which will include a FAQ.

Let's show our "force,"
    jedi_master_sal

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi,
    I know some of us have made our plans for hotels already. But we do want to meet up with you guys. So keep in touch. We are staying about 1 mile form the Convention Center.
    Marie

3. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Hello all.

I just wanted to put in my 2cents on this,, I already called the Downtown Marriot in Indy and they are booking rooms now an dhave been for a few weeks for this event. I have booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds for this event, and was told I would have to get my Star Wars Fan Club group rate thru the Fan Club to get it by the hotel and by Mary Franklin who is the Fan Event Corrdinator for this event again. She told me in an email that we can NOT get any group rates or discounts till August 1st for the Downtown Marroit woith the skywalk to the Con. I have so far about 10 people in my group that are going to be staying these 2 rooms and works out to like 150 for each person to pay for one night so we can all stay in the 2 rooms for 6 days. If I find out more on this I will post it here and if anyone else has more info please post it also,,,,thank you.

4. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey you guys if you have not read it yet on starwars.com tickets for C3 will be going on sale possibally in september same for making hotel revs at the downtown hotels that are holding blocks of rooms for this event. Tickets and rooms will be purcahsed thru the website and fan club, you dont not have to be a fan club memeber to buy tickets or get rooms thru them.

C2 tickets were 75 bucks for 3 days last time look for them to be maybe around 100 or so this time for 4days, so start saving.

5. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I am so looking forward to this event and Dragoncon in Atlanta. Times are good even if cash is hard to come by. 2 very worthy expenditures. [face_devil]

6. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Do ya'll recommend buying the C3 tickets in advance? Could it sell out?

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    YES, buy in advance or as soon as you can. Murphy's Law...you don't know what will happen and this maybe the last official Celebration event!!!

8. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    yes i would dude, but they wont sell out, they didnt sell out last time but there was a very BIG LONG line around the building out in the hot sun to get in. So I would buy them a head of time to save your self the trouble of standing in line to get as everyone walks by you going.

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    They won't sell out. They will keep selling tickets until people stop buying them :)
    Looking forward to meeting the various FF from around the globe, see you guys there!

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey Dex,
    Will be looking for you, we should be with the Regional FF group.
    Marie

11. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hi everyone there is an offical statement on the Celebration 3 web site today saying that Badge and Hotel registration will be start this sometime this month so keep your eyes open.

If you are planning on going to this BIG 4 day event, then you may want to try to get a hotel room thru the fan club to get a good deal and discount.

You DO NOT have to belong to the Fan Club to get this dicount for the hotels just make your resvations thru them.

Now, I have made reservations already for 2 rooms right in the main hotel at the Downtown Marriot, it has a skywalk to the RCA dome Convetion center. The rooms have 2 double beds each, and many more comforts. The hotel has told me that they will bring up extra beds at NO cost to us, right now there is at least 7 of us I am counting on being in these rooms. 4 of these people are my friends from Michigan that I have had these plans with since C2. They very nice people and very easy to get along with, very laid back.

I am extending an open door to those who wish to stay with us in our rooms during this event. I thinking that we should be able to get at least 2 more people to each room in the extra beds and we can ALL take turns sleep ing the real beds.

Also I will be checking into airline tickets soon, more closer to the first of the new year for this, they do not book that far ahead. After driving all night for Dragon Con I do not want to make the drive up for C3.

I have the rooms for April 20th thru the 25th, I will be checking in on the day of the 20th after 12pm not to be charged for an extra day or night. We had that happen to us at Dragon Con and I do not wish to pay for parking, parking was $17 a day at Dragon Con inside the hotel, so no thanks. I can find better things to spend my money on at C3.

If we do end up having to drive ( I hope not) I will drive my truck up and bring anyones weapons with me to C3 if you plan to fly, but YOU will have to come and get them from me at MY hotel.

Now if more of you wish to go in on rooms with us please let me know ASAP so i can book more rooms for us and maybe get a really good deal on them. As is right now the rooms I have are at con price's thru the hotel NOT the Fan Club. I did this to make sure I got to stay where I wanted to be this time around. The prices for the rooms as of right now are locked in at $265 a night..here is a break down for the rooms..

Thats $265 a night per room

Thats $1,590 for the 2 rooms for 6 days
    Now Dragon Con at the Hyate charged us double tax for each night around $11 so add $132 for both rooms

Total now is $1,722 for 6 days for 2 rooms

Now your thinking WOW thats alot of money I cant afford that, heres how you can afford it.

Like I said I have 7 people already staying in the 2 rooms, you divied that by 7 people and in comes to ONLY $246 per person fo rthe whole 6 days. So you would only have to pay for basicly 1 night but get to stay the whole 6 days with us in the room. we each would pay for 1 night in the rooms. Now thats not bad at all fo rthis event. Plus we have a really great time staying together and partying and having fun. Also you would never have togo outside if its raining or if you get tired and want to take a nap or just rest, you can go right upto the rooms and do so without having to leave the Celebration and miss out on anything.

Now here's the kicker for you, if can more the 7 people in the rooms say like 10 people, thats right you'll be paying only $172.20 for 6 days, sounds good dont it? It does to me. And Believe me Celebration 3 is gonna be very cool, Celebration 2 was great but this is gonna be even better.

List of people who have said they want to join in on this so far....

Myself ross
    Denise
    Jace
    Kris
    and my 3 friends from Michigan

Now the beds are roll awya beds but do sleep 2 people and I have no problem sleeping on them (I have someone to share with).

So thats its so far everyone,,as soon as I can find out more about this room thing with the Fan Club I will post here. I plan on emailing Mary Franklin some more about this(

12. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    I just looked on priceline.com for air fare to C3 and found some good dals flying out of St.Pete airport, I found that right now if you book your flight you can fly non-stop to C3 for $230 which is great and flight is only 2 hours compared to driving all day to get there and driving back all day. Looks like i will be flying it for sure at the price.

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Cool! I may have a free ticket so will check on booking as soon as Southwestwill allow.

14. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I sure hope I can make this one.

15. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    please check Celebration 3 starts up page for new info on this event,,,,also if you do plan on flying with us and or want to share the rooms with us please let me know asap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.