main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Celebration 3 - Who All Plans To Go?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Just thought I would throw this out there. I know it is a good ways from now, but I was just curious if there is anyone from the area that might be going to Indianapolis, IN for the third Celebration convention. I went to C2 back in 2002 and had an ENORMOUS blast!

I have tons of pictures if anyone wants to see what happens there.

This forum provides a lot of background info on the goings-on during that time.

2. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The three of us are going plans are sortof in the works. We had thought if no one around here was going caravan with the Memphis Fan Force.

3. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    When I lived in Nashville, TN a few years ago, our FanForce there had a caravan going of about 4 or 5 people. It was a lot fun. Maybe we can get something like that going around here. I know of at least one other, and he lives in the Northeastern part of the state.

4. byrdnest

byrdnest Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    i told my hubby that we were going whether he wanted to or not. he is not nuts over sw like me but he does his best to play along. i still cant get him to dress up though.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I live in Jacksonville, stationed at Little Rock AFB and planning on attending C3. I never knew we had a Fanforce around here :) where do you guys meet and when normally?

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, right now we have never met. :(

We had a forum about a year ago, but it failed miserably due to inactivity. So, TFN deleted it. But now, it seems Arkansas is back with a vengeance! :D

To become an official FanForce, we must have 3 sanctioned meetings (basically, letting everyone here know the time and place) with at least 3 people in attendance. Then, viola! We are an official FanForce with an official chapter representative. It's cool. I was a founding member of the Nashville FF in Tennessee when I lived there. Lots of good fun. ;)

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well count me in! If folks can meet up in LR that'd be great! Right now since we have a major inspection fixing to happen on base I can't leave the local area. So if we can scrounge folks for a meeting in LR I'll sure be able to attend!! (try to make it on the weekend if at all possible)

8. danielarnold

danielarnold Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    I went to Celebration II and had a blast. I went with my cousin and we haven't been talking lately so I'm wanting someone else to go with. I really don't want to go by myself. My friends are all too young or they aren't big enough fans to spend a $1,000 for a four day weekend. I'm in Alma, Arkansas. If anyone would be interested in going with me, let me know.

9. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I am going from Memphis and have a mini-van that is currently empty. I am looking for Memphis or AR people to carpool with me and save on gas.
    So excited about it. Can't believe it is still 5.5 months away.

10. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll be going to C3, although I already have means of transportation set up... but who knows... if you guys are flying maybe I'll see y'all at the airport...

I unfortunately wasn't able to go to Celebration or C2 because of varying little problems, but this time I'm making sure that everything is clear and out of the way so that I can go. I've already got plans to meet up with a big group of people... I'm really excited...

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    There will also probably be a huge FanForce party going on that weekend as well. During C2 there were probably 200-300 people there. Had a great time. I'd predict there will be anywhere from twice to five times as many at the party this go 'round.

Are we so there again, Penzar? ;)

12. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Heck yeah, mane! Five months is too long to wait! :D

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Just thought I would revitalize this thread to see how many more people are attending this once-in-a-lifetime convention. Might be interesting to start a thread regarding "who is staying where and for how many days" thread. It could help us coordinate get-togethers within the chapter. We'll see.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    There for all 4 days! :D Pumped for it too!

15. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    All three of us will be there 4 days passes bought. Ready to go. Really need to finish my armor and get my wifes ordered so I can start on it.

16. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey guys I plan to arrive the night before and leave the day after the convention. That way I can relax before the hussle starts. I can hardly Wait!!!

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *nod* I'll be driving from AR to IN Wed in order to start 'fresh' for Thurs early morn rush. hehehe I'll prob leave Sun to avoid the crowds when they leave. 8.5 hr drive for me. At least it was when I went to GenCon earlier this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.