main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** Celebration 3 ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    A serious suggestion. Go to Dragon*Con next year.

How will that help at C3? Well first off, if you've never attended a large convention before, C3 will be overwhelming. D*C has 20,000 plus members attending, with a huge variety of panels and events at all hours.

That will help you figure out how to balance your time between all the events. Plus you get meet an amazing group of people from all over, and see some of the best costumes ever.

Secondly, the dealer's room at D*C is huge. If you are worried about overspending at the C3 dealer's toom, you can split up the purchases you'd make at one convention into two. There will be a lot of crossover for the major dealers as well, so if you see something you want at D*C and can't afford it, chances are high you can get it at C3 the following year.

I will admit I probably overspent a bit at D*C this year, but that puts me in a position to buy a lot less next year. I have the pins and patches I was looking for now. Apart from maybe a really nice shirt, there will be less for me to want to spend money on now.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    keep in mind I only spent 800$ all in all at C2, well okay we won't mention the 4 day old pizza that I ate, but that was my choice ok.. MY choice. :D

no but really, I spent 800$, and there was:
    - 400$ for the airfaire
    - 125$ on the room
    - 75$ US for the con ticket
    - 2 extra SWCII landyards, 3.50 US
    - SWCII pins .. around 25$ US
    - 1 SWCII stick on patch.
    - 10$US on SWCII program book
    - 20$ US on Jorg Sacul
    and well other thingies like that

But seriously, before you go and try attending a convention as Big as Dragon*Con, why don't you
    A) save some money and spend Canadian
    B) save on travel and Stay in Canada
    C) Meet some friends from Canadian Fanforce!
    D) have a great time.

Come TO Toronto Trek.. I mean come on, I've been dying to see some of the YJN members... other than YJN himself ;) and There's everything Woofer was talking about, Many panels every hour to please everyone from everykindoffandomwhatsoever!! tons of fun and a relatively large Dealer room where you will most definitely find what you're looking for... or a way to do so.

I hope I'll see you next year

3. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I went to toronto trek last year. It was fun. Had something for everyone.

4. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'd like to go, but I don't know if I could afford it, and only if I don't have to drive. Anyone who has spent more than an hour in a car with me would know why.

BTW bus license is B. Z is truck license, and A-Z is air brakes. Anyone with their A-Z can write a test to get their B without taking the driving test. (my dad looked into it once)

5. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    T-trek is one of the very few conventions in Canada where you actually get what you paid for.

Plus if your easy with speaking in front of people, you can simply participate and moderate or even host some panels.

after a certain number of panels, you get in free :D

so think about it, the most money goes in the room, food and all, but I'm pulling some strings, and I'll try to have all my star wars panels held on the saturday this year.

so you can even just come on the saturday and have the supper with us.

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Deb and I spent $1000 ($500 each)

That included
    -gas
    -hotel (for 3 nights)
    -food
    -entry to the con (for 3 days)
    -collectables
    -shopping at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target (for figures)

If you take off the $400 I spent on figures it only cost us $300 each for the weekend.

7. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    that's good...

But there's no way I can keep my "credit" in my pouch for an event such as this one..

T-trek I can.. and then I spend it all on the charity auction for Ronald McDonalds kid's house.

but I'm glad I did it was a good cause.

8. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Any word on an official confirmation?

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    From what I understand C3 has been all but confirmed for the last week of April in Indy...

10. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    This just in from the 501st Executive Officer. I thought I'd pass it along to you all.

-------------------

Hi folks,

Met with the Gen Con staff (we are working with them this weekend)
    and confirmed date and location. April 22-24 (per Gen Con Staff that
    is running C3), location Indianapolis.

Tim
    LXO

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well it is looking like a done deal...

12. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Big News Update!!

Star Wars Celebration III, the much-anticipated fan gathering that will celebrate the Star Wars saga in advance of the opening of Star Wars Episode III, will return to the Indiana Convention Center April 21 to April 24, 2005.
    The announcement of the location and dates of the convention was made jointly by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC. Gen Con will manage the convention on behalf of Lucasfilm and the Official Star Wars Fan Club. Celebration II, held in Indianapolis in May 2002, attracted more than 26,000 fans from all over the world.

"We had such a great experience with Celebration II, that it just made sense to return to Indianapolis," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "Only this time we're going to do it bigger and even better. It's going to be an event that no fan will want to miss" Sansweet said that advance indications point to a significant increase in attendance at the event, which will take place several weeks before the Spring 2005 release of Star Wars Episode III. Because of that, and to mitigate long lines common to such conventions, Celebration III will occupy the entire convention center except for the RCA Dome. Also, the convention has been extended for a day, and will open around mid-day on Thursday, April 21.

"Gen Con is thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Peter Adkison, owner of Gen Con LLC, producer of Gen Con® Indy, which also is held at the Indiana Center. "Together I know that we will produce an event that will not only meet, but exceed, fans' expectations. With Lucasfilm behind this show 100%, it's going to be the biggest party in the history of the franchise."

Sansweet noted that the Celebration III announcement is being made far earlier than the announcements for the first two official Star Wars fan conventions. "We want to give our fans all over the world the chance to plan their vacation time for this one-of-a-kind event," he said. "We've already been getting requests for information from Australia to Hungary."

Details about programming, guests, activities, entertainment and exclusive merchandise at Celebration III will be released as they are confirmed closer to the convention. The main places to check for information will be www.starwars.com, the official site, and www.starwarscelebration.com. Online ordering for admission to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late this summer.

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeee haaaaa

*** does the snoopy dance *****

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    :)

So whos going and wants to share a room.

Stephanie and I are going :)

15. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    I am definately interesed in going. I made a pact with my best friend when we didn't go the Celebration 2 that we'd go to #3. So I'm 100% for sure going. Either that, or Brian gets my first-born child. lol j/k

16. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I will be able to go but how I will get there and how long I can stay may be other issues.

If I have a full time teaching job, that is a profession. That means you can't just say you're taking a day off to go to a non education event: even if you give them advance notice.

I may have to get down there for the Saturday and boot it back Sunday night seeing as that is unfortunately not Easter weekend. At the most I will be lucky to get even one Friday off being a) a new teacher and b) if I am a French teacher, even harder to replace. Tim will also likely be in the same boat as I am if he gets into teacher's college as he'll probably be doing his last placement then.

17. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm definately interested in going... and I should hopefully have enough in my savings by then to be able to afford it.

18. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    It is going to awesome guys!
    Christoper(YoungJediNiagara), remember the glory days of two years ago?? Well it is only about a year away!! Can you believe it??? :) It is going to be great!! :D
    I hope all fo you can make it! I love seeing the fanforce members from everywhere!

19. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hi folks, Sounds like it is going to be a blast. I already booked my room....

20. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    That's great! Are you staying in the downtown area?

21. agitatedwookie

agitatedwookie Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2002
    My fiance Eva made a promise to me that we would go to C3. The only problem is she's just finishing school and will be getting a job. So her time off will be the determining factor of "if", "how long" we can go etc.

22. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes Lady Lucas, I will be staying at the Weston across the street from C3. Its going to be sooo much fun...

23. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Lady_Lucas, havn't seen you posting around here in some time...welcome back.

We will be staying at the hotel across from the con this time. Since the date is set the room will be booked very shortly.

24. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Are we all going to chip in on some rooms to save a bit of money?

25. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    DaDarth, you are staying at the Westin?? That is great! My husband, his family from France, some of the Cincinnati fanforce and I are also staying at the Westin. We already have our rooms booked!!

YoungJediNiagra where are you guys planning on staying? I am glad to post here with you lovely Canadians! I just stopped posting for awhile because I was finishing up at the University and starting a new job so I was really busy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.