main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Celebration 3

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lordstimpy, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Celebration 3 has officially been announced. Go to http://www.starwarscelebration.com/ for more info. I'll be going, anyone else.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I don't understand why it wasn't announced on the official site. However I checked and Lucasfilm does own that web domain.

3. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    dude sounds sweet, i wanna go... it'll kinda be school days, though, and a long drive... sigh idk

4. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    It is on the official site.

5. Turkas_karkan

Turkas_karkan Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    booked my room this weekend and about every hotel in the area is full. I hear they might be open some up for star wars fans only this summer for cheaper rates. I might just have to cancel mine and rebook only time will tell.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I really wish I could go, but that's kinna during school. That would be really nice, though. :(

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    lol what's your point? ;-) yeah a friend and i are hoping to go... yeah. lol the end

8. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3

Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    It will be well worth the trip, and the time out of school. Not that I advocate skipping classes,you could work deals with your teachers, they'll understand, but if they don't, DANG IT, THIS IS STAR WARS CELEBRATION we're talking about!!!

Come to my town, we'll have a blast!

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hi FF Kansas City!

I'm the guy that's negotiating a deal with GenCon for lower rates and possibly prebooking rooms before they become available to the general public.

The deadline for submission of numbers has been extended to July 1st.

So, if you haven't as yet said you were going, you have another week to do so. (PM your CR.)

The negotiation for rooms is taking place before they are being offered to the general public. This is for rooms at one of the connected hotels to the convention center.

In the event we cannot negotiate a deal for either cheaper rates or pre-booking or both, there is no harm no foul since this will be decided upon before the actual booking takes place.

The following is a "letter" I passed along to the CR's in the CR forum. Please read carefully and if interested have your CR contact me no later than the new deadline of July 1st.

Start copy/paste
    To all CR's, RSA's and GSA's,

This is a formal letter regarding hotel room booking information for CIII. I have been told by Terry (aka: Rox) that I am authorized to negotiate a group rate for all of Fanforce. It is my hope to secure a full hotel connected to the convention center (by skywalk) for all of Fanforce before the general public is able to book rooms. I am fairly confident that this is possible.

What I need from you all is a tally of FIRM numbers of interested people from your respective Fanforce chapters. (Also, if you have some "possibles," you may give me a count for those as well.)

Please format your numbers as such:
    Pittsburgh FF: 14 Firm, 6 Possibles

I will need your final tally no later than June 21st, EDIT-the deadline is now July 1st, so that I may compile the list and start negotiating with GenCon (the promoters of CIII).

The 501st already has a deal through them for 250 rooms, but I am confident that with the combined presence of Fanforce we will be able to have many more rooms requested, and could then present a valid case for special consideration in regards to discount rates and "pre-booking".

The room rates quoted to me so far (this was by one specific hotel so rates may differ slightly)
    were as such:

$134 per night for a single (1 person) 1 double bed
    $144 per night for a single (2 person) 1 king bed
    $154 per night for a single (3 person) 1 king bed, 1 roll out bed
    $164 per night for a single (4 person) 2 doubles

Should the actual rates be different (whether higher or lower) you will be notified immediately after I receive that information.

The bed size may vary by hotel. You will also be notified of that should it differ than what is quoted here.

The information contained in the replies I receive will figure prominently in the negotiating process and, as a result, will need to be as accurate as humanly possible since a contract will most likely need to be drawn up.

Do not "pad" your numbers. Only firm numbers, please. (The "possibles" may be taken into account, but I suspect that unlikely.) We, as Fanforce, can not be responsible for extra rooms not filled, so once again I urge you to be absolutely confident with your figures before you submit them to me.

Since this is just the beginning of the negotiation phase, I do not yet have any answers regarding who, how, and when you will be able to pay for rooms. Rest assured that I will post this information immediately after finding out, so as to give you and your respective members as much time as possible to make whatever decisions you need to make regarding payment.

If there are any questions regarding CIII room booking, please PM me for now and I will ensure that a special thread be made for this, which will include a FAQ.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Let's show our "force,"
    jedi_master_sal

End copy/paste

Any questions please have your CR forward them to me. There is a thread not only on the CR boards but in Pittsburgh's FF that goes over some FAQ's.

Look forward to meeting you folks at CIII!
    Thanks and MTFBWY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.