main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

celebration 3?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Jedi-Finney, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be a celebration 3, and where it would be located... i really want to go to C2 but i cant because i dont have the time or money to drive that far, or take a plane :( hopefully if there is going to be a celebration 3 it will be closer to california.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There will be a Celebration III. It would be silly not to. As far as where, haven't got a clue. I don't think LFL and WotC have even started thinking about it yet.

3. 3rdamention

3rdamention Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I vote for Indianapolis for Celebration 3. And after everyone get to check out Indy, they will probably vote for it there again.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The crew from Boston is starting a campaign to have it there next time around.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Indy's cool, I'm from Cleveland, but frankly, we don't have the hotel space right now. I'd vote for Vegas except it's not a family town.

6. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I'd love to see C3 in Indy again since I'm only about 2.5 hour drive away.

But to be fair, after C1 in Denver, and C2 in Indy, it's only fair that C3 be somewhere along the east coast.

7. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    I will simply say this.

NOT NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!

Stuff's too expensive there, namely the hotels. Even the "con discount price" would be lousy.

From DragonCon, I know Atlanta has some good hotel space downtown that's all together. (And in the rest of the city.) I don't know about other East coast cities, I'd imagine DC does?

~Caleigh

8. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    Miami Florida has a convention center that can hold tons of people. A few years ago there was a Star Wars convention there that had many stars like Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, and David Prowse to name a few. Back in 1979, I think, there was a concert by the Doors there which started many a riot. Miami has tons of attractions for everyone, plenty of hotels, and a massive convention center. It would be a good choice for the Convention of 2005.

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    so it wont be anywhere near cali??? that blows.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Pittsburgh has a new Convention Center just built and should have enough hotel space by then!

11. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It will most likely be in a region of the country that is centrally located and easy to get to like Indianapolis is. 2/3rds of the US population is less than a days drive away from Indianapolis, theree are 6 major freeways, a large airport, plenty of hotels, etc. They will probably pick some place similar for SWC3.

12. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The San Diego Convention Center is huge.
    It would be perfect for C3.

13. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    my suggestion for C3:

A camp-out at the Skywalker Ranch in California!

14. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Brian has a point there, San Diego holds the International Comic Con there everys summer. Though logic kind of dictates that they'd continue the trend and put it on the east coast.

But then again, that requires logic. Sometimes the Force disagrees, and logic must simply catch up. :)

So, list of possibly places:
    East coast
    Atlanta: many hotels w/ space, 2 interstates w/ several other highways nearby. proven capacity w/ Dragon Con
    Miami: many hotels, w/ space. however, it's down out in the penn. of FL, so...?

Non-East Coast
    San Diego: hotels, proven capacity w/ SDCC

~Caleigh

15. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    It seems like anywhere on the coasts is simply too far from too much of the country. Maybe it will become tradition to have it in Indianapolis if it works out well there. Otherwise, I would imagine it would be some other Midwest city because of the central location.

Actually, some kind of event at Skywalker Ranch would be awesome! I think a lot of people that wouldn't normally have traveled that distance would make the exception. I know I probably wouldn't go to C3 if it was on the West Coast, but would almost definitely make an exception for a couple of days at Skywalker.

16. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I don't think it will be on either coast, and certainly not in Florida. They want to make it as convenient as possible for everyone to get to. Last time it was in the West, but not West coast. This time, East, but not East coast. Not too far north or south either. The only place less likely than Miami would be Honolulu or Anchorage, I suspect. It's all about how to get the maximum number of people as close as possible.

Too bad, though, since I live in Florida.

Scott

17. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Des Moines, Iowa.

:D

18. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm thinking Indianapolis will be considered again. Since Gen Con will be here for the next 7 years starting next July, they will already have a strong volunteer base and a strong media base. heck they will just for Gen Con. Although being fair would be ideal, I would say Boston would be my choice if they decided to move it to the East Coast. It would be better to keep it in the Mid East/West, though. Although Chicago could be a possibility, I think they like going for cities the size of Indianapolis. I hope it will be in Indy, but if it isn't, I won't be totally disappointed and still will go.

19. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Miami, I think, is too far south - it would be a pain to get there for 1/2 the country, let alone Canadians. It also wouldn't be fair to hold it in the same place twice, for those who need a while to get to Indy.

LOL I just want to think about C2 first!

20. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    It will probably be whereever Jake Lloyd is living at the time.

For those of you who didn't get that, Jake Lloyd and his family lived in Denver, CO during the time of SWC1 and they live in Indiana right now.

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    WRONG FORUM!!!

This is the "Celebration II" forum. Can't you fools READ? Geez!

Moderators, please lock this NOW

22. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    SD THE PLACE TO BE
    ( SAN DIEGO )

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    geeze sith man, grow up you stupid head.

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You thought I was serious? [face_laugh] LOL!

Geeeeeeez, some people can't take a joke. I should have put a disclaimer in the bottom or something.

LOL! That is TOO funny!

25. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    I do not believe I want to fly to the Boston Airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.