main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

celebration 3?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Jedi-Finney, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I'd love to have it in San Francisco since I live in Cali. San Diego would be great too. But if they wanted to try in keep in in the middle of the country, I suppose Dallas would be an ideal spot.

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think if they pick somewhere it will be in the south. Only because the first one was in the west(denver) and now the second is kind of in the east(indy) so now they have to have one in the south. That doesn't help me in Ohio but hey.

3. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Like maybe Atlanta? Nice and big and a serious airport hub.

Don't forget to flush.

Scott

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The question is moot since 2005's too far, far away in the future to be truly planning a Celebration. For example, WotC might not even control the fan club by then (yes, I know they're owned by Hasbro). So don't stress if your favorite pick doesn't get mentioned in this thread.
    However, I like to play follow the leader as much as anybody so I'll throw out my hope for C3: Orlando. It's a heckuva destination on a lot of family's agendas and naturally extends into a vacation for everybody. Mix that with ample convention space and the MGM-Disney Star Wars Weekends and you've got a viable candidate. ...and I live here so I could save a buck or two on travel. -Campbell

Maybe it should be in Portland, Oregon just so we can call it C3:p,O.

5. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    For my own selfish reasons, I'd like to see it here in Omaha, NE. Our new areana is supposed to be finished by spring 2003 ( i think), there are plenty of hotels, restaurants, etc in the vicinity and Omaha is pretty centrally located from each coast and each border. The first (and sadly, only) AlphaCon was held here last May and there was a pretty good turn out. Heck the 501st had a table there. I doubt C3 will be very close to Omaha, but I can dream. Provided it's not held on another continent, I'll be there no matter what.

6. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I only have one request. I'd like it to be held someplace where I can get a direct flight. I hate taking the risk of flight connections for so short a trip. I also hate the layovers. Otherwise they can hold it anywhere. I love visiting new places.

Carolyn

Edit: I'd also like them to hold it in the summer when school's out as long as they're taking requests. ;)

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    AFTER the movie's out? [face_shocked]

8. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    My highly uneducated guesses are St. Louis or Kansas City. Pretty central.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.