main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4.5 Vegas 2.0/Jenn's Clichéd 21st Birthday - August 14-16 2009

Discussion in 'Community' started by Handmaiden Yané, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yup I hate to say it but my finances are not gonna allow me to go to Vegas in August.

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, the point of all of this was yay-I'm-turning-21-let's-all-go-to-Vegas-because-I'm-turning-21-and-Vegas-is-really-fun-and-let's-all-have-a-great-big-party-because-wow-I'm-turning-21-but-no-one-really-cares-let's-all-just-have-a-great-big party.

:)

Anyway. It looks like this probably isn't going to happen the way it was originally intended to happen. So, things are thus: I am going to be in Vegas most likely around the weekend of the 21st-23rd or whatever. I think I'm going Fri-Sun. If you are there, awesome, let's hang out. If not, I'm sure there will be another JC get-together sometime in the near future and then awesome, we can hang out.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm just posting to say that those colors you have chosen are odious beyond all words.

4. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    My entire aim is to be an eyesore. :)

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I advise you not to visit Census wocky.

vin likes this.
  6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    My parents decided to take my brother and I to Vegas the end of July through early Aug so I won't be there.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7ZckZ-8naz0/SD2JB4DhCaI/AAAAAAAABK4/bkPf3hXZEsc/s400/episode-51.jpg]

I'm out!

vin likes this.
  8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    If my flight buddy is out, i'm out!

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Welp, I'm starting to think that unless I get some money miraculously raining from the sky in the next month, I probably can't afford to go to Vegas right now either. :( I hate to be yet another of those "oh noes, it's a recession, I can't spend any money!!" people, but I know if I went to Vegas again, I'd want to be able to spend enough to go to some shows, decent restaurants, etc., and there's probably no point trying to make a trip like that on a budget - which is what I'd have to do if I went next month.

10. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Aug 21-23?

I can certainly hang out for at least one night, Jenn! :) :D (and most of the days surrounding it, of course!)

Though I've gone vegetarian since last year and I'm trying to eat primarily raw foodist now-- So I won't be drinking too much! (Maybe two per day?) I'm more likely to splurge on atypical foods for this trip than alcohol, lol.

edit. Actually, I'm good for any of the weekends if plans shift again. :) Is anybody else making it by now? Or is it just me watching Jenn get trashed? ;)

(Jenn, you up for hitting up a strip club if so? :D You can enjoy the cessation of your currently latent powers of legal alcohol purchase and I've never been to one. But I'm really open to most anything. :) )

11. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Zas! :D

I am up for pretty much anything... :p

Also, my friend's husband works for Choice Hotels so I think we are going to use his discount and not stay at a themed/famous Vegas hotel and just go with a Choice Hotel to save money.

12. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    So you already have your plane tickets for those specific dates? (The 21st-23rd?) I think I might go ahead and stay both nights if you know a wiser(read: cheaper) place to stay, hee hee! But I might wander off alone for a bit Saturday morning to go find some interesting Vegasy stuff to draw. :) :D

Anyway, once our flights are purchased, it will be much easier to make any plans! I'm excited. I've been building such great memories in Vegas. (After our trip last year, I ended up in Vegas again for the Repo! premiere and got to drool over hot horror stars during the director's suite party, lol.) So I'm hoping to rack up some more happy. :D

Who are you staying with thus far? (Just your married female friend? She and her husband? Lots more friends?) I wouldn't mind sharing a room if you guys aren't crowded- But I could also easily afford to get my own room for those couple nights too. :) (Yay, I have money this time!)

edit. Maybe you should rename the title to "Jenn and Zas Do Vegas (Late) for Jenn's 21st on Aug 21st(-23rd) While Others Come Too Early, Too Late, or Miss Out Entirely-- Making a Mistake They Will Regret Until Their Dying Breaths AND BEYOND" or something like that. That's not too short and subtle of a thread title for the JCC, is it? :p

edit.2 Seriously, I'll be missing the people I met in Vegas last year- And I'll be sad to be unable to meet new JCC people . . . But Vegas is fun and Jenn is adorable and there will always be another day, loves. :)

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It figures that my little Vegas trip was scheduled right before this get together.:p

vin likes this.
  14. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Dammit, I had some unexpected conflicts come up (though thankfully while I was waiting to hear back on those dates before purchasing plane tickets.) :p I guess the universe really just has alternate plans for you this year, it's very strange. Can I send you a little gift though for your b-day? This thread needs wayyyy more happy!

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The thought of me missing you attending a strip club was making me want to kill myself so perhaps for the best. :p

vin likes this.
  16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Post C5 Vegas jaunt if it's in Anaheim. :p

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Shoot, I suck at checking this thread. :p

Sorry to hear you can't go, Zas. If you want to send me a present, that is ok with me. :p You don't have to, though. PM me if you still want to and I will give you my address.

I'm sure I'll celebrate my birthday in a fun fashion anyway I do it. :) Even it means just being able to go out and purchase alcohol all by myself. :)

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Well, I'm sorry the trip didn't work out better for all of us, Jenn, but I hope you have a great birthday! 21 is a good milestone. Be sure to enjoy it. :)

19. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Screw a budget, you can make the money when you're there! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.