main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4 and Celebration Europe Forums

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FlareStorm, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Where is it? I clicked around a lot.

and if I can't find it, maybe it should be more visible?

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    It's in FanForce. Link

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I also put an announcement about it in my MS Update last week.

4. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    has there been been any discussion about making it more visible? cuz, its not...

5. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't read the MS Updates

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    didn't we have the "I don't read MS Updates" problem before? o_O

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    "it's not visible enough but I don't read the official, weekly way in which the MS communicates to the users."

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    It should probably be put as a link in the Community headers, or at least it would be a nice thing for our users.

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just a thought... since there's not much "official" info to go on yet (when you go to the Forum you see a lot of speculation, and not much else LOL), perhaps highlighting this, as it were, is a little premature? Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't mind answering questions, and we're getting a lot of hotel questions, but there's not much I can tell anybody right now.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was in last week's MS Update since Jedi_Dajuan mentioned it in the preparation thread I had going in MS. I am sure that it will be mentioned again in the updates as we get closer to the date and have more information.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I still say it would be a nice idea to include in the header of the JCC, EUC, and SWC as we near the time when more stuff is coming in.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I agree with that. I know we also have a thread going in Collecting on it, though it isn't very active since the only news so far has been date/location.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, absolutely. There is supposed to be more information in the "late summer/early fall." Let's hope they stick with that timetable.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh, and of course, FFC.

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    One thing that could be done now is probably to retitle the forum name in the drop-down from "Celebration III" to "Celebration IV".

And placing it in the "JC" list mightn't hurt either.

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Good catch. I'll pass that on to gabe. :)

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Would that be created a "duel" link from the FFC to the JCC or moving it? If it is moving it you might want to ask the OFH about it because IIRC Celebration has traditionally been considered a Fan Force event.

Just my .02 :)

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    As far as headers go, you can have one on every board.

The categorization I'm not sure about. It may be a FF event, but we could probably get it out there as much on the JC side also. The headers should cover a lot of that, though.

19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Oops, there was supposed to be an "also" in that sentance somewhere, so yes it would be 'dual' links.

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thank you for clearing that up :)

21. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    I concur with Flarestorm. It took me a good 10 minutes to find that forum. I'd expected it to be in Fan Activities.

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It's been in the FanForce General Heading for well over 2 years I don't see a reason to move it. But I do like the idea of promoting it in the headers of other forums.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I've been thinking about putting a link to it on the TFN main page, but haven't had the chance. That is something I will do this week (had a huge event this weekend and I'm still recovering). Links in other forums sound great to me. I don't know that moving it would do any good though, there is no JC category that it fits under. Real life meetings are still the realm of FanForce. Though, I would not be opposed to having it under its own category to increase visibility. That's something I'd like to talk to the admins and mods of both sides about first before any changes are made :)

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I would vote in favor of giving it its own category. A lot of people don't visit the FF forums and will never see it there, and putting a link in an MS update is also not terribly helpful since I suspect the majority of posters here are content to argue on in the "Fett survived the sarlacc... thrice!!1!11!"-type threads without ever looking in the Comms forum. :p

Also, this thread title confused me. I think a convention ought to be established such that Celebration 4 is abbreviated C4 and not CIV. Flare, I was honestly wondering whether you were asking for a civics forum.

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I think there's a good chance that 75% of the users at this site, don't even know that comms exists. I didn't know about it untill I followed a link here. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.