main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration 4 (C4) in LA 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

Doh! This would be a massively long road trip.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Memorial Day weekend in LA? What genius thought that up. Sounds like some hotels are already booked too!

3. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I'm planning to go!
    Must start saving up money now...

--Lynda

4. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I'm planning to go too. It's a long way - and expensive, but I've gotta find a way.

The distance also restricts costuming ideas somewhat.... I guess I have a year to come up with something fun and portable! Hope to see some fellow Canadians there!

5. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    One of my buddies looked up flights from Ottawa to LA. The price tag? $800 CDN!!! Don't forget hotel, food, toys/souviners. Man, C4 would cost almost twice as much as C3. Oh well, maybe next time.

Have fun to all that are able to go.

VFF

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    A friend of mine is a travel agent in California. I asked her for the best time to book a flight and in general you will find the best prices about 5-6 months before your trip

So don't look at airfare now. Check in January.

7. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Good tip Woofer - and keep giving more suggestions! All info appreciated!

PS - nice early call on LA. I see the whiners have disappeared over on the Celebration forum...

8. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Since I missed the three previous celebrations, I'm thinking of making the trip next year...provided that I can afford the airfare, and that I can find enough people to bunk with that a hotel room becomes affordable.

Sabrina

9. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    well i am going we are booking a hotel now, with the edmonton ff. i think we will prolly drive to accomidate some friends droids *cough*alex*hack*

i would personally have liked to avoid the west coast as it is quite the distance and also Cally is expensive... but what can you do? i want to be there for the 30th anniversary!

i am so excited....

pssst alex droid workshop????

10. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Which hotel are you booking into?

--Lynda

11. Darth_Gaurpi

Darth_Gaurpi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm planning on going this time around. I really wanted to go to C3, but in the end was unable to. And I'm definitely NOT going to rely on my "friend". *rolls eyes*

I'm most likely going to fly down there, though. So just curious, if there are any others planning to fly as well, maybe a group of us could fly down together?

12. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    It is also good to note that flying out of Buffalo, or at least flying out State-side, is a cheaper option. I found an approximate $250 difference for round-trip tickets (all prices listed are in USD), so if a group could carpool for parking and gas, or take a group airport shuttle to get to/from Buffalo and save on transportation costs there would still be an approximate $200 savings. I have a lot of friends and family members who do this very often and it tends to work out best for those looking to save some money.

13. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am glad to see that despite the fact there won't be more movies they will continue the celebration of them. Maybe I will make it out to one one day.

14. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I already have my tickets bought, my flights booked and my hotel room reserved. I am *really* looking forward to it!

15. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I really want to go, but it does not look likely... [face_worried]

16. Darth_Gaurpi

Darth_Gaurpi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Got everything--sorta (plane ticket and all).

Can't wait either!

Would be great to see other fellow Torontonians there as well. And just Canadians in general, of course. :)

17. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm not going to this one...the house needs new windows, doors, furnace and a/c so that's where all my $$$ are going. sigh.

18. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I really want to go. Quite a few friends I want to see. The logistics and costs of getting my droids down there is a major roadblock.

I would also like to see what they have planned. Not much has been announced yet.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

19. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Hey a hint for those who want to save some cash. Go to detroit and leave from there. It's only $200-$400 to leave from there to LA. Also there is a hotel that is a good 20-25 minute walk from the convention center called the Knight Inn. Their rates are only $120 canadian a night.

20. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    That is exactly what I'm doing, except not from Detroit. My s.o. lives in Ohio so I'll be driving down to meet up with him then flying on to LA.

21. rogue-7

rogue-7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2007
    Similar to what I'm doing as well! I'm a poor student with no car but i'm determined to go!!

I'm going to take a bus to Buffalo which isn't too expensive, and fly from around there which turns out to be hundreds of dollars less than from Toronto.

I have an aunt near LA that i'll stay with for half the time too so now i just have to get the money for it all :p

22. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hey there! 15 of us going down to C4 from Calgary. 12 of us are flying down together and a few others a driving. Tickets were a bit pricey - $500 CDN but since this will be out first Celebration experience, it's worth it. We're really PUMPED!! Just 111 days to go!!

It would be great to hook up with those of you going down. All but 2 in our group are staying at the Sheraton (the other two are at the Figeroa).

Hope to see you down there!

23. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll be there, I'm going ahead of time maybe we should organize a little canadian get together in LA on the wednesday evening?

What do you all think?

24. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just 100 days to go! Woot!

I think it's a great idea to try and meet up on the Wednesday night. We're planning on hitting Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for dinner - you game??

25. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I was at C2 and C3 and they were a blast. The distance for me this time has me seriously thinking about passing on C4. Quite a few people in teh area are also in the same boat wrt cost.

Who knows I might go on a whim.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.