main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration 4 in L.A.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawbreaker666, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I'd rather have it dead than be worried about drive bys every 5 minutes

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I just hope that they're not going to choose LA because it's, like, the lowest bidder or something like that. [face_plain]

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I don't think that's it. I think could be in response to the fans complaining about the weather in Indianapolis?

It would be great if they scheuduled the convention to coincide with the dates that the Star Wars exhibit will be showing in LA. But if the May dates are true, it looks like even that doesn't quite work out.

Star Wars Where Science Meets Imagination
    California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA, February - April 2007

-Kay Dee

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hopefully they can extend it a month. Otherwise, it's a post-WonderCon road trip!

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I saw the exhibit in Boston if anyone has any questions about it. It is cool but the props are not anything we have not seen before. Most of it is text and video talking about how the science of star wars have applications in the real world. I don't know if it's worth making an extra trip for. It was also $20 a person.

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, since I never saw the Magic of Myth exhibit I really want to see this one. I've never seen Leia's ANH costume in person.

- Kay Dee

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I just want to go in the Millennium Falcon cockpit! [face_praying]

8. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    That would be awesome!

9. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Hello everyone
    Just going to have my views on it being from the uk
    I have looked at flights and its actually cheaper than what it was when I flew out to SD for comic con last year (yes I know a few of you :p) I know you have tourists travel all the while but the only thing that strikes me and worries me the most is the safety of people that have never been there before I know too many people from where I live that have rented cars whilst out there and actually been pulled over by the police and told to turn around dont get me wrong there is crime everywhere but no where in london I have known people to be told to turn around.
    I thought indy was a nice place for a C3 and the only downsides to indy was
    It was ran very poorly by gen con
    There is not nothing else you can do if you spent a week there
    And the weather for you over in CA was pretty bad, it did not bother me cause I felt I was back at home anyway :p
    Also some of the locals were quite rude aswell.

I would like to see it in SF myself cause I would like to see where the offices are and various other things like visit the prison.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Not sure if this belongs here, but on Hyperspace they revealed the first look (a production painting) at what they call the "biggest Star Wars entertainment event planned for 2007". Trying to figure it out though.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/secrets/2006/05/secrets20060510.html

(Again, Hyperspace members only)

11. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Kinda like that dancing baby CGI thing a while back. That still gives me the creeps.

12. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Looks kind of like a Maytag washer/dryer ad... look at the stormies in the spin cycle, their armor is so white and clean...

Thought the thing on the left might have been a Star Tours ship at first, but nah. Besides, that can't be the biggest entertainment event, can it? Redone Star Tours? They have been threatening this for a while now...

Hmmm.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, one year from now it looks like we'll be at C4, wherever that is. ;)

14. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes! Finally, the wait is over. =D= Wish it couldv'e been here, though. :(h

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh boy, I just read the news too. Not my ideal location, but hopefully we'll find a way to make the best of the poor hotel situation.

17. Skatou-Laki

Skatou-Laki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2003
    Sweet. Definately something to discuss at the meeting! =)

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well at leas the store will be 24 hours, to avoid the long lines. Dale, it looks like there'll be 30,000+ people celebrating your birthday next year!

19. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I was really hoping against this. There really aren't that many hotels near the convention center. And Downtown LA is like a post apocalypse city after dark. But I guess we play with the cards we're dealt. And since Gen-Con will be running the show again, we have many surprises in store.

20. Skatou-Laki

Skatou-Laki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2003
    Here's a link for the convention center. http://www.lacclink.com/

There's even a Toy District! (click on downtown guide > shopping)

21. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, from the looks of things right now, I guess I'll make this my first Celebration outing. I'm not hoping for anything tho. I'm going to go in thinking I'll only get to see a bunch of crazed Star Wars fans. With a year to plan, and the horror stories firmly planted in my brain, it should give me ample time to make a battle and survival plan. Money, water, money, duct tape, money, water, money. List of gear to be expanded soon...8-}

22. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Let's just hope Gen-Con have learned their lessons from last time. It sounds like they did at least with the store. Maybe having a near riot in Indy helped. At least we won't have to fly to this one.

23. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    A "near riot", that sounds like fun! [face_beatup]

24. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Yeah, celebrating Star Wars on this date in a theater of about 1000 (the Coronet) or less is one thing. But with over 30 thousand people! Priceless! [face_dancing] :D

Next year, Birthday 33 will BE a day long remembered...

So should that mean I should go in costume the way Luke makes his first appearance in ROTS on his "birth" day? [face_mischief]

25. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Wrapped up in a blanket and covered in afterbirth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.