main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration 4 in L.A.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawbreaker666, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, Dale and I got our tickets (thank you, Star Wars credit card)!

[face_dancing]

Here's the direct link to register:

http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/index.cgi

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Gulp - I just bought a 4 day pass for my husband and myself. I reminded him of it last night and he reluctantly said 'OK'. Need I remind him I want him to come as a photographer?!

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    :oops: Sorry, Tina.

4. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    So sorry to hear that MarQuarrie has Parkinson's! It is so sad when someone who uses their hands for their work gets this disease!

I will get my ticket on or about Nov. 15th, provided the hyperdrive doesn't break again. :D

I know conventions can be a big pain, but I love meeting other fans and have fun just talking to them in line. Never could shut up. Been that way ever since I was little.

5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm still on the fence for this one. I may not be there for all of it.

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Just a reminder on an incentive for getting your tickets now - hotel room priorities. For everyone who registered today (and I think tomorrow) they will be e-mailing us with pass words to use for hotel registration Starting November 2nd. I'd imagine the Holiday Inn could fill up fast.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Good point, Kathy.

Personally, I'm glad it's 5 days instead of 4. I think it'll give me more time to pace myself and see more. The fact that the store is now 24/7 will make it a little less stressful too. :)

I think people should register ASAP too, for the hotel thing just in case. You can get a refund anyway by March 30, 2007, I believe.

8. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Just a reminder for Hyperspace members. Make sure your member profile on Gencon has the yes button selected for the fanclub option. Otherwise you will not receive your Hyperspace benefits and will not be allowed in on Hyperspace Members day.

http://www.gencon.com/2007/swciv/info/FAQ.aspx#fan

9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

Um... what is there to see that we haven't really seen before though? Although the 24/7 store is cool. However, I fail to see that this thing will deliever on the hype (again). I'd prefer just going for 2 days and then just doing something else.

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks, I double checked mine and it was still checked from CIII. However, it is not clear to me if the friends and family pass will allow other people in your household to enter on Thursday. It kind of makes it seem like only fan club members get the fan club lanyard, and that is the only way you get in on Thursday. That the passes are just for other exclusive events for the 4 day regular members?

Q: My significant other and/or family member has a membership to the Fan Club. Do I need one to get the benefits as well?

Yes, you each need to be a Fan Club member to receive full Fan Club benefits at Celebration IV. Each Fan Club member qualifies for 1 exclusive Fan Club lanyard and if they purchase a 4-Day badge they also qualify for 4 Friends and Family Coupons. The Fan Club lanyard functions as the member's access to the Fan Club Member-Only day on Thursday, May 24th

I want to get in touch with someone to clarify this. That will suck if I have to buy my husband a hyperspace membership to get him in on Thursday. As it is it sucks that I have hyperspace and they have not sent me my last 2 issues of SW Insider.

11. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I know when Jos was home yesterday getting our memberships (even though we are both Hyperspace members)...she had to register each one of us separately to get theHyperspace membership option. It wouldn't let her do a "guest" thing. She was trying to keep from having to go back in and re-do it) (Sorry, looks like you are going to have to get him a membership afterall.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I remember giving Dale one of my passes to get in, and not having him buying a membership.

As for not going all 4/5 days, it's cheaper to buy the weekend pass ($110), than buying 2 separate day passes ($40 each), and you might have to wait in line each day just to get registered and get your badge. Also, say something is going on one day that you didn't idbuy a pass for? Are you going to buy another day pass? It'd be easier having the weekend pass. At least you could just walk in and out as you please.

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah that walking in and out as we pleased thing worked real well last time, especially in the morning.

But I agree it is better to get the full weekend pass. The Hyperspace thing is not worth it to me, though. I wasn't overly impressed with the last one. And my only hope is that since it will be the 30th anniversary, it will be more old school than CIII which was mostly a giant marketing campaign for ep. III.

14. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Yeah I didn't get my last issue either. As for the friends and family passes, you can get them in on fan club day, as long as they have a four day pass and they come in with you. They do not have to be hyperspace members. They will not be eligible for other benefits that day unless they are a hypersoace member also. However they can use the coupons for the members benefits like shows etc.

"Each coupon may be used once for one non-member for access. Non-Fan Club members will still need to have a valid 4-day Celebration IV badge for admittance. The Friends and Family coupons will be collected at the time of use."

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, I sent an e-mail to Official Pix, who I've volunteered for twice before at Comic-Con, AND, in my opinion, were the only organized part of CIII (mainly because they are NOT Gen Con).

If volunteering for them gets me in early while working a short amount of time, I'll probably do it. Sitting with the celebrities and getting free autographs wouldn't hurt either. ;)

Stay tuned...

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    So, was anyone else scrambling to get housing? I was a little miffed because housing opened up before 10:00. In a blink of an eye things were GONE. My DSL was down, so I had to call in my reservation. I connected with an operator just before 10:00 on our clock. Holiday Inn already gone! My next choice was available and by the time she tried to put in my information is was gone too along with nearly every other close hotel that was under 200 a night.

On the up side, one of my friends got lucky and got one room at the Holiday Inn across the street. So we will use it as our little group's changing area for the days we have big costumes. I guess I need to start working on something BIG!

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's the hotel the SFFF has (4 rooms for up to 16 people):

Check-In: Wed. May 23
    Check-Out: Tues. May 28
    Rate: $72.10 per night.

http://www.losangeles.com/comfortinn/

It's .9 miles away!

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, you guys got a much better deal than I did. Since my husband had planned to come with me I knew he'd want us to have our own room. Also, I wanted to make sure we'd have a hotel with shuttle service since anything over a few blocks starts to get to be too much to walk - plus I'm sure there will be times he'll bail out on me and I won't have a car. I do hope somehow something else opens up at a more reasonable rate. I'm not counting on it though. *sob*

19. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorry to hear that Kay-Dee, sounds like you got the same type of operator that we did. :mad: While our internet wasn't down, the Housing Authority site kept bumping us out..(see my post above).

But at least we're getting to go. Right?

20. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    just got my 4 day pass (5 cause I'm hyperspace), and got kristin a pass for saturday so she could geek out with all of us!!!!!

21. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    The Smuggler has been using her credits to fund other adventures and endeavors...and some side projects like college, bills, silly stuff like that :p... Don't think I'll be joining the crew on this one.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Info:

http://www.swc4news.com/

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    But isn't that site only for volunteers and active 501st members?

24. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    ack!! school has been killing me this semester...sorry for my absence and whatnot :(

is it too late to get a room and ticket for C4???

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Rooms are still availabel, Donna. Once we get to the maximum occupancy (16), we'll decide on who'll be rooming with who. Tickets should still be available though. But that doesn't count Disneyland while we're down there. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.