main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration 4 in L.A.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawbreaker666, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Looks like I can only go on Saturday and Sunday now. Erick and I may just shoot up that weekend. I will be there at least one day, just to get an autograph or two and that Darth Malak bust. Thats all i want. One day may be ebnough for me. Plus school is going to be heavy ,and I can't miss that much school. Work I can, but not school.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just got this e-mail:

Celebration IV ? The Biggest Star Wars Party of 2007!

Star Wars Celebration IV is coming to the Los Angeles Convention Center May 24 ? 28, 2007. The five days of Star Wars fun will pivot around May 25, the actual 30th anniversary date of the saga. Fans, stars, entertainers, and media are expected from all over the world to celebrate all the fun that?s been, and all that?s still to come for the Star Wars galaxy.

Fans should be sure not to miss the 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremonies on Friday evening, May 25. The Ceremonies will be a double celebration, officially kicking off a huge weekend of Star Wars fun, while commemorating the actual 30th anniversary of the first day Star Wars opened in theaters in 1977. Look for entertainment, guest stars, and special surprises designed just for this memorable evening.

The Star Wars movie saga started with rich, original ideas both for story and visual effects from young filmmaker George Lucas. At Star Wars Celebration IV we?ll honor the innovative spirit of movie making at the Sixth Annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards. Moviemakers will compete for one of the rare Star Wars Fan Film trophies featuring golden droids C-3PO and R2-D2. The maker of the top movie will have the exceptional honor of receiving the George Lucas Selects trophy, chosen by the moviemaker himself.

Those who enter the Star Wars Fan Film competition and are chosen as finalists will have their movies played at Star Wars Celebration IV in a dedicated track each day of the show. What?s more, the best movies of the competition will be recognized at the Fan Film Award Ceremony, scheduled for Sunday, May 27. Always memorable, often full of surprises, the ceremony will honor the top movies of the competition, and feature presenters from the industry, including representatives from Lucasfilm. Stay tuned to www.starwars.com/celebration for updates on where to submit original movies for the competition.

Celebrities from all six movies of the Star Wars saga, as well as from the Star Wars television and video game arenas will be attending Celebration IV to greet fans, take part in panels and question and answer sessions, and many will be signing autographs. Official Pix, the licensed supplier of authentic Star Wars autographs will return, and are expecting to bring an even larger group of celebrity guests for their Celebration Autograph Hall. The company brought 34 guests to Celebration II, and 41 to Celebration III. Lucasfilm and Gen Con LLC have set aside an even larger area to accommodate autographs for Celebration IV.

Star Wars Celebration IV is a party created by Star Wars fans for Star Wars fans, and fans will play a massive role in making the 30th anniversary celebration unforgettable. Just as one example, the R2-D2 Builders, a group of fans who construct their own movie-real models of droids from the Star Wars saga, are planning a spectacular display. The droid builders, who created star attractions and events at both Celebrations II and III, have even greater things in store for fans, including building panels, a parade, and the XXtreme Droid Challenge. The Builders have plans to get fans attending Celebration IV to get into the action, too.

?Fans will have a chance to test their skills as an Astromech operator at the first ever Drive-A-Droid Trivia Challenge in the Fan Fair Hall,? says Jason Smith, coordinator for the worldwide R2-D2 Builders at Celebration IV.

Don?t miss the Star Wars party of a lifetime! Register for Star Wars Celebration IV at www.starwars.com/celebration.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Looks like they just announced the first round of celebrities, which includes Carrie Fisher. :) (Ok, so I saw her at SDCC last summer, but it's still cool.)

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, and here's how the autograph area will work, as well as the first group of guests confirmed:

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Celebrities.html

Keep checking back for updates on more guests as the date draws nearer!

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Who's planning on driving? Flying?

Please post your plans on what you're taking, and when you plan to leave and come back. I'm trying to see who would be willing to rent a mini van if I'm driving, or get a package deal of a cheap Southwest flight, and a rental car combo. For myself, I'd like to arrive early late Tuesday (May 22) or early Wednesday (for possible Disneyland trip) and leave the following Tuesday (May 29).

6. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I'd be in on helping pay for a van, but I really just don't have the budget to go to Disneyland AND C4... so if we have the hotel for the night before the convention (I forget if we do...) I guess I'd like to arrive then, and I have a flight out of LAX (back home to Joi-zey) on the 29th sometime in the morning, so I'll be gone. I think Andrea said she could take a train back home to Sac, so I think she would have the same schedule.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Check out this preview of Tsuneo Sanda's CIV artwork:

http://www.sandaworld.com/info/no3/index.html

They look awesome, but I'm sure they'll be out of my price range. :(

It'll be interesting how other artists will be interpreting the 30th anniversary. [face_thinking]

8. Dolfinz

Sep 15, 2005
    Those are AWESOME!!! I would LOVE the first one...I bet they will be expensive, though.

9. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    For those of you on the fence about C4 or just slackers like myself, online registration ends March 30. So you have a month left to decide. Of course you could buy it there and pay more. As for me, right now I am planning driving down Thurs and driving back Monday.

10. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I am going.
    Hotel and tickets are done.
    Plan to fly.
    I will be there on Tuesday.
    As to car rental, open to share.
    Thank you.

11. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Hey guys.

It was nice seeing everyone at wondercon, but the kids and I will probably be able to attend just one day at c4 due to school and work. I just wanted to know If any of you would like to sell your friends and families passes that you may have recieved before I purchase my ond day tickets. Just let me know. You can email me at cblack571@fanforce.net
    thanks,
    see you all soon again.

12. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    CIV sounds great (since I've never been to the huge SW gatherings), but we will perform BOP II at BayCon again that weekend (Fri./Sat.).

Hmm. Maybe I can swing in there on Sunday/Monday. Long drive... but worth it, I'd suppose.

Plus, I'd finally get to meet Corbin, Strydur, Ultra... and whatever other saber designers will be there.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    They are now taking reservations to shop in the CIV store:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070309.html#rss_14066

14. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey guys, I don't know if it's too late for us to find another hotel but the reviews coming up on trip advisor.com are consistantly bad. The last one was this past Jan saying it smelled like urine. It could be that only the upset people are posting but it would suck to get down there and have it be really bad.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I saw a review where, from about ten reviews, one was bad, and the rest were average to good. As to getting another hotel, I'm not sure giving it up now would be a good idea. For one thing, there are lots of people still looking for hotels, and if we did give it up, I'm not going to drive a long distance every day to get to the convention in LA traffic!

16. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003

Broken glass everywhere
    People pissing on the stairs, you know they just
    Dont care
    I cant take the smell, I cant take the noise
    Got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice
    Rats in the front room, roaches in the back
    Junkies in the alley with a baseball bat

Dont push me, cause Im close to the edge
    Im trying not to loose my head
    Its like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
    How I keep from going under

Now how often do you get to live a rap song? We knew from the get go that the place was sketchy. But then again the whole neighborhood is like a scene from Dawn of the Dead anyway.

This is another choice http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxsf-courtyard-los-angeles-sherman-oaks/?WT_Ref=eResConfo but it's in Sherman Oaks. King rooms at $39 a night.

17. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I hear what you are saying about the traffic Matt. I've stayed in some dodgy places before so it's not the end of the world. Just figured forwarned is forarmed. Keep your lightsabers handy. And it is true that people who have bad experiences tend to complain louder than people who have good ones or at least average ones.

18. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    booked 4 rooms at this hotel too, so when some go down this month for the exhhibit they can check the choices http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=CA898&sid=FBFS.n4no0g4Kbg.4

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, Dale and myself got reservations for the store (just in case) for Thursday, 9-11 pm. Maybe we'll head straight for "Pirates 3" right afterward. ;)

20. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Hello,

SVRF has one extra room reservation at the New Otani hotel that we have not canceled yet. If anyone is interested in it, please PM me. It is on the shuttle route to the convention center, cost is $107 per night, and online it looks to be a real nice hotel. We were able to get everyone into the Holiday Inn so do not need this room. Would hate for it to go to someone else if you guys have a need. :)

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the offer. How far is it from the convention?

22. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I believe it is within 10 blocks of the center. It is on the shuttle that is providing rides to the associated hotels. So it will cut down on driving and parking. :)

It actually sounded nicer than where we are staying. We are just to close to pass up. :)

Here is the website if you want to check it out. :)

www.newotani.com

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's some updated info, courtesy of the sw.com newsletter:

Star Wars 6-Movie Marathon

The Star Wars party at Celebration IV in Los Angeles this May just got even better. On Wednesday May 23, fans will have the opportunity to kick-start their Celebration weekend with a U.S. first: a free Star Wars six-movie marathon event.
    Beginning at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, May 23, fans and movie buffs will have a chance to attend the screening of the entire, epic Star Wars saga on the big screen. The approximately 17-hour program (including intermissions) will lead into the five days of non-stop festivities that will commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars throughout the rest of the Memorial Day weekend. The tickets, free of charge for those attending Celebration IV, are scheduled to go up for reservations at 9:00 AM PDT, Thursday, March 15.

Those attending the six-movie marathon will receive a commemorative button, and bragging rights to have been among the first to watch the entire saga in order at a U.S. screening.

Seating is limited and reservations for tickets must be made in advance. Register now at the Celebration IV registration website to make sure they don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime event:

http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/

Celebration Host Jay Laga'aia

Actor, musician, and stage performer extraordinaire, Jay Laga'aia will host the celebrity stage in the Concourse Ballroom at Star Wars Celebration IV. Star Wars fans know Laga'aia as Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Laga'aia delighted audiences at Celebration III as host of the celebrity stage, bringing out the best in both his guests and his audience, and occasionally picking up his guitar and entertaining all with his spectacular singing voice.

From Friday May 25 through Monday May 28, Laga'aia will welcome stars from the casts and crews of the entire 30 years of the Star Wars film saga. Star Wars fans attending Laga'aia's shows during Celebration will take home long-lasting memories. Fans and guests find Laga'aia warm, engaging, vibrant, and always entertaining.

Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge

The Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge is back in full force, now with more ways for moviemakers to qualify their creations. Formerly called the Star Wars Fan Film Awards, the Movie Challenge is revamped to include a category for "fan fiction" which will be offered for the first time, in addition to parody, documentary, experimental, and other categories.

Those who enter the Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge and are chosen as finalists will find their movies played at Star Wars Celebration IV in a dedicated track each day of the show. What's more, the best movies of the competition will be recognized at the Sixth Annual Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge Award Ceremony, scheduled for Sunday, May 27.

That's not all. As added exposure for moviemakers, Spike TV will broadcast content from the Challenge on television. To learn more go to AtomFilm's Star Wars website here:

http://starwars.atomfilms.com

Shop 'Til You Drop At Celebration IV

Star Wars fans and collectors going to Star Wars Celebration IV can sign up now for free "Quick Path" shopping times designed to minimize or eliminate their time in line for the Celebration Store.

The Celebration Store will feature more than 50 highly-collectible Star Wars treasures that will be exclusive to the show, including a soon-to-be-announced Celebration IV exclusive action figure from Hasbro. Fans and shoppers who have purchased a 4-day, full-show badge can sign up for shopping times at the Celebration IV registration page. Between the new Quick Path shopping times, and the expanded, 24-hour schedule for the Celebration Store, shoppers should spend far less time in line than at Celebrations past, and have far more time to enjoy all the fun at the show.

Official Star Wars Fan Club members can sign up for shopping times that will begin on Thursday, May 24, the members-only day of the show. This is a

24. Dolfinz

Sep 15, 2005
    Oh...my....gosh. A marathon on a theater screen?!?!? That's AWESOME!!! Especially for us youngin's who never got to see the OT that way. That is so cool...now excuse me while I rush over the to gencon site and sign up ;)

25. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    That's cool for those you who get to go. I can't get down there till Thurs because I can't take anymore time off work. But I hope you all have fun. Just be sure to bring a cushion for your butt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.