main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration 4 in L.A.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawbreaker666, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, this is stupid. I just got that e-mail TONIGHT - well after reservations for the movie marathon went on sale this morning. I'm really not happy with the notifications :(

You know, the marathon sounds cool - but I was planning to drive to LA on Wednesday. I'm not sure if it is worth an extra 150 dollars to stay downtown and extra night. I wish this was happening locally *sigh*.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I got free tix for the marathon just in case we're bored and wanna check it out. But I'm thinking of getting the souvenir button and then go to Disneyland with the GGG and TF.N members. ;)

I also volunteered for two shifts at Official Pix on Thursday and Monday.

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, one more factor for the hotel, the Black family will most likely need a room for Saturday night.

4. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    My friend Andrea knows someone else who wants to go as well, so the three of us will most likely just get a room for ourselves somewhere around there...whatever's left (yikes!). I think we might take Nasus_Sivad up on that offer, but we gotta make sure we're all committed to going before we decide anything.

5. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'm starting to reconsider to GO to c4 now. its so tempting to not miss out on the show. maybe i'll go a few days for the con. can u guys give an approximate budget of how much you guys would pay individually for the whole convention with admission, hotel, and transportation costs? if the price is right and if my boss will approve the vacation i think i may go.

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The first thing to do and get out of the way is to buy your tickets before the deadline, and get them sent to you, (DON'T opt for will call).

At the next meeting, we should finally know who is going and for how many days. Anyone trying to get on the bandwagon after that, I'm sorry, you're on your own. All the pertinent information's been posted here already, so if anyone needs more details on things that have been posted already, it's best to PM the person who posted it.

7. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    tomorrow i'll ask my boss if i can get that block of time off and if he says yes then i'll order my pass. most likely i won't get the hyperspace membership. is the hotel still comfort inn in downtown LA? so provided that ther are 16 of us (4 ppl per room) i estimated that hotel costs would be roughly $130 per person for the duration of the stay in the hotel. am i correct? i will plan to fly there.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I just found out the Falcon cockpit will and won't be at CIV. It will be in LA, but not at the LA Convention Center. It will stay at the California Science Center.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just a reminder to all still making plans for C4: Monday, May 28 is the last day of the con and is also a HOLIDAY (Memorial Day).

10. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    is anyone else flying in on wednesday the 23rd via Southwest Airlines? maybe we can coordinate the same flight leaving Oakland. i'll buy my airline ticket and c4 tickets tomorrow morning.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    From MASTER REPLICAS:

Think you have what it takes to achieve the rank of Jedi Knight?

Show us your stuff with a lightsaber, in three separate Jedi Trials at Celebration IV.

In the Jedi Order, the Jedi Trials are challenges which are undertaken by Padawans to earn the title of Jedi Knight. These tests are very often retaken by those Jedi Knights who aspire to earn the rank of Jedi Master, and a seat on the Jedi Council.

The Trials were formal tests that were administered by the Jedi Council on any Padawan that they deemed to be worthy. The Padawan was tested by the Jedi Masters themselves in a controlled setting.

Now, for the very first time, the Council at Master Replicas has opened up the trials for all aspiring Jedi Knights (or, should they choose the path to the Dark Side - Sith Lords) to come and show their skills with a lightsaber at Celebration IV in May!

There will be three separate competitions, and Padawans may enter any one, two or all three. Padawans/Apprentices please see the rules and regulations for each, to determine your eligibility.

FORCE FX BATTLE EXTREME
    Designed to demonstrate both teamwork and lightsaber dueling skills, the Battle Extreme will include one-on-one combats, one-on-two or more, and team-against-team mock battles.

FORCE FX MASTER EXHIBITION
    Designed for the Master Swordsman, the idea is to demonstrate discipline, grace, and a flare for the dynamic and dramatic!

FORCE FX FREESTYLE CHALLENGE
    This is the "Rap Battle" of lightsabers - the entrant will show their expertise in a solo demonstration, pitted against another soloist.

Please visit http://masterreplicas.com/combat_trials/ for official rules and regulations, and to enroll in the Force FX Combat Trials today!

You can view the official Master Replicas announcement trailer on MRTV or on YouTube.com!

To discuss the Force FX Combat Trials with other fans, visit the Master Replicas Forum!

Also, a CIV exclusive from MR: the WEDGE ANTILLES SCALED HELMET

The MR party is currently being planned for Sunday night, in association with Official Pix. So if you volunteer for OP, I'm assuming you'll get to go!

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i ordered my c4 tickets (with non-hyperspace membership)just now.if i decide to upgrade to hyperspace i can but i'll decide on that by tomorrow. can a hyperspace member bring in a regular member (like me) in on thursday? now that i have the ticket and need to get my airline ticket which airport should i arrive to in order to meet you guys (matt and dale)on wednesday so that i can time my arrival to when you guys are going to disneyland?otherwise i should just time my flight to arrive LA on wednesday after you guys are done with disneyland. pls let me know ASAP so i can book my flight this afternoon. thanks!
    kev

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think we'll have enough Friends & Family passes for those who will be there Thursday, Kev.

14. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    if anyone has an extra Friends and Family pass for thursday may i please use one?=)

15. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Sorry, mine are all accounted for but I'm sure we can find one for those who need it.

16. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    okay guys i'll book my flight tommorrow for arrival in LAX around 11 am, wednesday may 23rd. i'll just take a shuttle direct to the hotel and wait for u guys there

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Some exclusive posters for CIV:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/C4_Mello_Smello_Celebration_Exclusives_104418.asp

18. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    my flight is booked leaving Oakland Wednesday May 23rd at 1000 am arriving LAX at 1120am. from there i'll take the shuttle bus to the hotel. i'm leaving LAX Tuesday May 29th at 900 am.

19. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I just got an computered mail on my computer stating...
    " Congrats! You're an OPX volunteer!"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGH 5!:-B [face_good_luck]

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I got that e-mail too! :-B

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The CIV poster:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070323.html

The CIV Badges:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070323b.html

22. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

23. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    For those of you still on the fence about volunteering for OFFICIAL PIX, here is a detailed piece of info from their site:

http://www.officialpixvolunteers.com/

24. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i added myself to the OPX volunteer list.a few hours won't hurt especially if i'm sitting next to a SW celeb Amy Allen cough cough.besides it will keep me away from spending $$ on scalpers overpriced figures and hard to find items! was the volunteer experience at OPX more fun and exciting than working the MR booth?

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    To answer your question, Kev, YES, the experience with OP is way better than MR. :D

Back to CIV stuff, here's some nice e-cards to send to friends:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070326.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.