Calgary Celebration 4 Trip Meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought until all groups are lined up with information I'd be your connection to what's going on with CIV so far.

The 501st Legion Commanding Officer had a brief phone conversation with a rep from GenCon, the people organizing CIV (same ones who did CIII) and this is what we know so far.

GenCon will be looking for costumed volunteers once again. The 501st will be the main point of contact for all groups (Fan Force, Rebel Legion etc.) It is likely that each group will appoint a main contact to work with our LCO and XO. The goal is to have the whole volunteer organization go a lot smoother than it did at C3.

A website will be set up soon (perhaps within a week, maybe longer) for volunteers. Once I catch wind of where that is I can let everyone know, but I'm sure it will be posted all over.

As far as information about hotels, badge prices etc. we don't have that information yet. The LCO and XO are working on setting up a meeting with GenCon and LFL in the near future to get things rolling. I'll let you know what I can, when I can!
  2. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here is the smallest amount of info about C4 I could squease out of the interweb.
    From the LA convention center site we know what rooms C4 will be held in.

Meeting Rooms: 300 Series,400 Series,500 Series

This isnt much, but it is a start!

[face_monkey][face_monkey][face_monkey]
  3. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Any information is most welcome! (and probably worth something on these boards)
  4. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Still no new information on the whole volunteer website either.
  5. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Lets hope after comic con that at least some details come out as everyone is wondering and getting alittle ancy(not even sure this is a word).
  6. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    *Hotel Update*

The Omni in downtown LA has a few rooms available for the week of C4 via online booking sites like Hotels.ca or Expedia.ca.

The rooms are a little pricey, but it is a unabashed 4 star place.

The place gets high marks from all online guides and the Jedi Council Forum here
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_4/b10611/24157587/p1/?2

That's where I am booked!
  7. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok so are we dumping the idea of all of us staying somewhere and go for everyone for themselves?. Please let's determine this asap so we can all try and book our rooms and figure out roommates for the ones sharing a room.
  8. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Dooks - I'm still interested in getting a room with/in the same hotel as YOU. As much as I'd love to go down early to Disneyland, it's going to be much too expensive to do it and be at C4. And I'd rather save my $$ for the big show [face_batting]

Also, I spoke with Shawn W. today and he's planning on coming down to and expressed interest in boarding with us. So count him in too. If we can fly together, that'd be awesome, but at the very least, we'd like to be with you and Jay at the hotel.

Do I sound fixated??!! Am I repeating myself too much??![face_hypnotized]
  9. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd like to be in the same hotel as everyone else...I just booked the room in case there are none available.
  10. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I to think we should book as a group. Thats what we all discussed at the meeting. I guess having a backup is up to the individual. But I think it would make this trip fun if we were all in the same place.
  11. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry to misdirect the thread like that. I didn't want to withhold information regarding hotel availability from the group.

We still may be in for a group booking, but it is good to have a backup.

Cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.