main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Celebration 4

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Tag away girl. I figure I'll just wait and book through the con when the tickets go on sale.

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, well that's what I meant. If it's true that the shuttle will be only for those in block rooms, I certainly don't want to mess that up by Travelocitying or Hotwiring it. Then again, I'll just have to see what happens. Ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiao!

@};-

3. Astiateu

Astiateu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2006
    We are going to this one since I'm from the area. We are going to be staying in my home town Riverside. Depending on time of day, it's about an hour drive away, however, there is more stuff to do in Riverside on a budget than LA, and since I've kinda burnt myself out of the LA scene, I don't really feel like hanging around too much except to hang with y'all and see the con. We'll probably drive out to the con a few days and spend the rest of the time in Riverside. Check it out on the web, it's a nice city! You can also stay in places like Fullerton (Orange County Side) or Diamond Bar, Sherman Oaks... etc. There are a TON of cities in the area, and you can take the MetroLink into Los Angeles and the subway from there.

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    We will probably do like we did for C2 & C3 just stay a few miles away and drive in. The room rates where only like $35-$40 . But we are planning on driving so we will have are vehicle. I have already been ask by a few here in ArkanSith since Im driving could I deliver the armor of the ones flying. We (my wife & I ) are still discussing it. If there is enough intrest then we may go rent a small trailer from Uhaul load everyones armour or what ever in it and take it. And maybe charge everyone like $5 for the service to help cover the trailer and the extra gas it will burn. The problem is that we are planning on leaving maybe the Sat. or Sun. before and making a vacation out of it. Any thoughts on the idea. Even with a small trailer I could carry a lot of armor. Course I have to have room for my 5 (one for each day) suits plus my wifes 2 and not for sure on how many for my son.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    If you wouldn't mind a suitcase with Jedi garb I'll gladly pitch in $5-10!! I'm leery about baggaging on a plane. I've had too many probs with suitcases being either lost or late getting there. If you guys wouldn't mind?

6. Vader_86

Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    WILL WURK 4 C4 TICKETS!!!! Any ideas on what they will cost???

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It is supposed to be announced sometime late summer and early fall.

I think the ones for C3 were like $90???

Somebody who can remember, help me out here?

8. Vader_86

Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    Thats pretty good now i just need to guesstimate and add in the cost for travel and hotel.

Hopfully they announce sooner than later.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/inuyasha_gotendbzfreak/trooperdance.gif]

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hotels are going to be pretty high. But, you can probably squeeze in with somebody? It will be more clear when it gets closer to the time.

[face_pig]

10. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    well, i wont be going. april is not a good month for me to be gone. testing season is between march and april. the yearbook is also due within the month which occupies a few weeks of my time. plus my son runs track and plays baseball in high school. i anticipate we will be at the state meet next year.

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    If April isn't a good month... what of May? ;) It's in May (C4 that is). School stuffles...oui yeppers it can get in the way of a lot of things :(

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Maybe you're out of school by May?

If not...if there's something that you really want...you can tell us and we can see if we can get it for you.

So, just as a tentative idea for figuring purposes...

Who is going?

I know this so far:

Kynstar
    hyper
    ForceConduit
    otisdodge ?
    Nyborg13
    ShadowScout
    Ramon
    Vader86 (if he can find a way)
    Jaira
    lavenderrose73???
    Chase KeJac

Anyone else?

I'm just trying to get an idea.

And you know what..It's sinkin' hot here in California too...

I think that it's pretty much hot anywhere you go right now.

Bacon

13. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    You can't forget our young Anakin (Tre')

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Sorry about that boss.

I'm in jet lag mode.

Fan film awards are about to start...

People here are talking nothing but C4...well, at least the ones around me...

It's great here.

Later
    Bacon

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi there, Police. You appeared uncertain as to whether I was planning on going. I'd had my heart set on going since before Celebration III ended, so I still plan on attending. It may take a couple months to start building savings up toward a hotel stay because my 12 week lab class bumped my G.I. Bill from full time status to half time so I'll be getting less money the months of August and September. Please go ahead and count me in if you're willing to do so.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Lavender...
    Not thinking of you not going.

My plans have just changed since I may be working the con (and some other personal issues that have come up)

I don't know that I'll be staying with anyone...I may have other arrangements made for me.

So, I'll try to keep it organized for our group purposes but, I think the main core of the group is probably planning on booking soon.

It doesn't really matter where we all stay. We'll all be hooking up once we're there for group stuff.

So...just keep looking in this, the C4 thread...You know...I'm surprised the Feds haven't been in here seeing if we're planning on building bombs with all this talk about C4.

Hee Hee

17. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, it's cool. I know you have other things possibly going on, what with connections out there and all. I don't think any of my relatives live close enough where I could do the same. That's ok; I'd probably opt for sharing a room with a few here anyway, just to stick with the group anyway. I'll keep an eye out and have renewed notifications for the places I've posted today.

@};-

P.S. Where is the C4 logo? I read about it in some posts, but I don't know where to find a picture of it.

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The logo can be found on the news section at the tfn home page.

As for the rooming...You'll just have to try and see if there is anyone that doesn't already have 3 others to room with.

Double room hotels = 4 people per room.

We don't want them getting the wrong idea about Star Wars fans by having more people than allowed per room.

But, just keep watch and something might open up.

The hotel I was orig. looking at ran somewhere around 289 per night.

Bacon

19. Vader_86

Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    Situation update: Vader_86 Transmiting.

All members,
    As some may know i am having some financial troubles. but, with C4 being right after tax season I will beable to have the funds. However travel and leave will be questionable for a while. the leave will be decided later on. travel, i may need to ride along with someone. ( not sure if the misses is comin with the kids, she may fly home for a week or two)

Ps. anyone have any ideas on a way i can get there please let me know.

End Transmition...

20. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Don't you plan on flying, or were you thinking about driving?

@};-

21. Vader_86

Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    well it depends i was thinking of renting an rv but i dont know how that would go i mean uless a couple others want to road trip it with me. it all depends i know it would probly be cheaper to drive than fly.
    if anyone wants to or thinks its a good idea i coukld research rv prices and gas for the trip as well as campground costs

22. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I probably couldn't even if I wanted to. I may already be missing some classes as it is. Sorry I can't help you there.

@};-

23. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If you can't find a ride from someone here...I think everybody's pretty much flying or taking 3-4 weeks off to make a vacation out of it...

The RV rental and gas probably be any less than flying and a hotel? I'm not sure about that.

You might want to check with neighboring fan forces...there might be someone from there driving for whatever reason with room for another to share the burden of gas...or that might be interested in splitting the costs of a RV?

Just look around...

Can't air force folks somtimes fly to another air force place if there's room or something like that?

I don't know why I thought that...I just did?

Bacon

Where there's a will there's a way!

24. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Yes, that's how I managed to tour the Pacific when I was stationed in Korea. I managed to visit Hawaii ([face_dancing]), Japan (Okinawa--the beach looked like someone had poured liquid saphire into where the ocean should be!), and Guam (saw a few friends from my first base--woohoo!). The problem with that is not knowing when there is space available and when there isn't, flight and lodging. If someone took that gamble with L.A. (provided there's a military base because that's where you have to hop to and from, and there has to be military lodging, neither of which I'm qualified for any longer as a DAV. You have to be active duty, dependant, or retired) and there was space available everywhere that person needs it, then s/he will be spending very little indeed for a vacation like Celebration IV, especially considering it will be in L.A. Kudos to whoever manages to pull that off!

Lavenderrose @};-

25. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    ...it got a bit worrysome for me, as I was afraid a couple times I'd get stranded or be without a place to stay. As it was (thankfully), I'd found someone I knew from another base who let me stay over for a night because there was no room.

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.