Ark Celebration 4

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

well if someone or a few people want to truck it i could ride there and share costs and have a one way ticket back home. I would just need to have someone meet me at the air port. im not sure i need to research prices and such. i think i may just fly to LAX my uncle lives there maybe he could pick me up and ill meet the rest of the gruop at the hotel or where ever everyone decides to meet up.
  2. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    If you've got Uncle there? Why not just crash with him?

It would be cheaper if you're worried about cost.

3. Vader_86 Jedi Youngling

noit worried about cost all that much i am more worried about the trip over
  4. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I just did a search at Travelocity for Departing Wed, May 23; Returning Tue, May 29 for 1 Adult. The prices start at $334, or $754 if you do a 6 night hotel stay as well.

At Hotwire with the same dates...don't bother. I thought it would be lower because you can't pick the times you fly. It starts at $339. Hope that helps some of you.

$754 y'all! That would knock out the flight and hotel stay, and all there would be left is the admission badge, and I'm sure that doesn't sell out so quickly. Although the place that would get you that price is Travelodge on Sycamore off of Sepulveda (ring any bells, Police?). It's 1 mile from the airport, although I don't know if it's too far away from the convention center to be practical. It's 2 miles from Venice Beach. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Lavenderrose @};-
  5. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Couldn't tell you where the heck that is...

I'm awful at directions...Don't even know where I'm at half of the time.

So, can't tell you if thats close to the con site.

Does that mean that you're booking now? Cause the travel sites require payment when you make the reservation...

[face_pig]
  6. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    No, primarily for that reason. And I'm not so sure. I was just providing some flight information for someone who appears concerned about costs, and I thought since the price was right there, I'd include the flight/hotel fare. It looks like I'll end up just buying the CIV admission and making reservations through the convention. At least I'll be among some fellow fans, and I'll have access to the shuttle. At least transportation won't be as scarce as it was back in Indy.

Lavenderrose @};-
  7. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know how reliable the shuttle will be...

That's being ironed out right now...

There are mixed emotions about the con being in LA...so, many are saying they won't go that far...

But, more will be known when tickets go on sale and stuff...

8. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    OK Folks....the time is getting closer to tickets being on sale:

You can visit the registration site and make sure your gen con account is updated, bookmark it and get ready for the announcement.

Tickets are not on sale yet, but you can make sure your account is set up and save time when they do go on sale

Since the site is obviously being made ready....it's got to be close!!!

Heres the link:
    Celebration IV Registration
  9. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sorry, but where's that link supposed to go? I don't see anything about C4 registration...
  10. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    You are correct.

the link isn't working anymore.

my suggestion would be to make sure that you have a gen con account and that it is current and you know your log in and password.

That way its ready to go.

Loco was able to create an account with that link earlier today on 327th...but, it now longer comes up.

Bacon
  11. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    as a matter of fact...

(and this is not a good sign)

Late last night and early this morning gencon.com has been down...
    Don't know what the heck that is about...

They seem to be having technical difficulties...

Aparently they are not fluent in over 6 million forms of communication...

I'll keep this updated.

Bacon
  12. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That must be why after I requested my password from the last time and got told it was being sent I never received it... :mad:

@};-
  13. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    In my MySpace box this morning:

Celebration IV Registration Announced
    Starwars.com have finally posted news on when eager Star Wars fans can register and order their passes and hotel accommodations for Celebration IV scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, May 24-28, 2007.

Fans can begin crashing the servers on October 30th at 12 noon PST. Prices for the event are relatively decent in comparison to Celebration III and are as follows.

Pre-Registration
    4-Day Adult $110
    4-Day Child* $45
    1-Day Adult $40
    1-Day Child* $20
    *(6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

Onsite Purchases
    4-Day Adult $125
    4-Day Child* $55
    1-Day Adult $45
    1-Day Child* $25
    (*6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

As you can see, pre-registration saves you a few bucks that I'm sure you can use to buy a few extra trinkets!

For more details and the full write up, please visit Starwars.com today!
  14. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Heck, I'm not worried about trinkets; I'm worried about making it there in the first place. Hayden's supposed to be there this time, but even if he isn't again, I would certainly love to relive those few days at Celebration III. And this is supposed to be better? Well, I think I'll try and wing it again and buy the tickets on the 1st of November, get a room, buy the plane ticket in December when I can actually afford to, and then save like my life depends on it again. I'll even try for the Costume Pageant/Costume Cabaret again and hope I also find time to get that Padme costume made or the money to have someone to do it for me. Well, just like the limb I went out on for Celebration III, here goes nothing!

@};-
  15. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Make sure you update your gencon registration information.

That's where you check whether or not you are a hyperspace member (Star Wars FanClub)

If you don't have the box checked...they don't ship you the hyperspace lanyard and friends passes.

Anyway, it comes to 112.95 with shipping/handling fees.

Hotel codes are emailed on Thursday at 10 am.

The registration site will be closed on Thursday from 730am to 10am to update and get ready to send out the codes.

It's beginning.

Yippee.
  16. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yay!!!! "This is where the fun begins."
  17. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    202 days and counting...

Thought I'd be annoying and start a daily countdown...
    (like I'm going to keep this up for the next 200 and some odd days...)

Offiial Hotel Registration begins in like 20 min too...
  18. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    You thought you'd be annoying? I've had it on my cell phone for I don't know how long! I don't know at this point if I'll even make it or not, but I guess I can still count down with y'all. Going this alone isn't looking too hopeful for me right now, so enjoy.

@};-
  19. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    201 days until Celebration 4....
  20. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    200 days until Celebration 4.

(you'll probably get sick of me doing this, but oh well....)
  21. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
  22. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We're going to have a looooottt of pages here by the time Celebration 4 comes [face_laugh]

@};-
  24. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...but thats ok...

I'm having fun.
  25. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    198 days until Celebration 4...

So...anyone besides me, Kynstar, Conduit and Nyborg and family heading out to this thing???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.