main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Tethys, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Apologies if someone has already posted about this but I couldn't see it if they had. Celebration 4 was announced yesterday - happening at the LA convention centre May 24 - 28. I'm definitely going but as none of my mates like Star Wars to the insane extent that I do, I was wondering if any of you guys were thinking of going (and could hold my sick bag on the plane from Manchester!)?

2. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    I'm assuming thats May 2007?! Else you're a little late :p

But yeah, I might be up for it, depending on how poor a student I end up as of course!

3. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Yup - 2007! Tickets go on sale summer/autumn. Thursday is only open to fan club members.

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

I had a quick look on expedia to get an idea of flight costs - you can't book for May 2007 yet, but leaving Wed, coming back Tues, you are looking at about £400. (BMI currently offer a return for £311 direct from Manc). Not sure about the price of tickets as yet (don't know what they were last year).

Am soo exited - can't wait. May is my birthday too!

4. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Doesn't seem too bad at that price, accomodation in the USA is crazy, motels are dead cheap if you're not too fussed about the number of stars it's rated at! Where do you get the tickets from in order to get an idea of prices etc? I'm definately up for it, provided nothing else comes up, anyone else?

edit: There seems to already be a thread about this here. Looks like there could be a group going.

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Unless my finances are in dire straights later this year (and I became unemployed on Friday, so I don't count any situation out), I WILL be there. I was there for CIII, loved it though I think this time I may go to more official stuff at the event, the people I was with preferred the fan events for the most part, so I went with the flow and the ex :p

So yeah, will be there, and going from Manchester ;) :) Last time I flew and stayed in NYC before the event, won't be doing that this time. So I guess this will be the mother of all flights lol (even more than India).

I'll maybe hold the sick bag ... *feels queasy* I am ok with the US flights, I went like 4-5 times in last year and a half lol, last time the plane was rocking a little more than it should on the way back, quite fun :p

And I have some special sick bags for you, Star Wars style ;)

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050614.html

6. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    I've been thinking about going, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    Tried Expedia tonight and you can book flights/accomm for next May (I tried a few weeks ago and the dates wouldn't go that far). Prices seem to start from £1k, but I haven't got a clue if that's reasonable..
    What's the best idea in terms of when to go over etc? Is it best to have a couple of days either side of the event to get used to the time changes etc??

7. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I'd say a day either way to get settled as you'll probs be up early to get in.

8. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, I've been to a travel agents in Newcastle (STA Travel) who can do the flights, accomm and insurance for £612, which seems like a good deal. The accomm is a hostel about 7 miles from the Convention Center and the flights are from Heathrow via Paris. This is based on going from 22-30 May.

So how do you get tickets for the actual event? I know Starwars.com are releasing more info in the future, but do you have to buy the tickets online beforehand, or can you just turn up each day and pay at the door???

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey :)
    For CIII, I ordered mine online before, it was November time, the event was the April after. If you are an international Hyperspace member ($19.99 per year) it's better for you as you get in early each day. Not sure about non-members, but they were meant to get in after. Last time, being a hyperspace member was meant to get you in fast, problem is, nearly everyone at that event was a hyperspace member lol. The queues were huge, so I'd recommend getting the tickets online - can't remember if in the UK they get sent out (they should) but my ex-gf ordered mine to be delivered to her NY address. But the main thing, if you can order and get the tickets beforehand, do it! The queues will be a nightmare :(

Trip package wise - yeah, great deal. I just think you may be too far out, but I need to get a guidebook on Los Angeles and check out places. If we do stuff in the evening, you may be the only one heading back out to your place, which isn't good for safety/cost (remember you may need taxis) etc.

10. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    There should be a link attached below with the map:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=ca+90028&daddr=ca+90015&ie=UTF8&om=1

I've e-mailed the hostel to ask about public transport and if it's easy to get to the LACC, so if I get a reply, I'll post it.

This is the website for the hostel:
    http://www.usahostels.com/hollywood/index.html?lang=10

11. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Had a reply from the hostel re getting to LACC:

By bus I think it would take around forty minutes to get to the convention center. By taxi, it would cost around fifteen to twenty dollars and take around twenty minutes

I've also read that there may be plans for the Celebration to take place at Earls Court next July.....

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Wow, that is better than I thought tbh, still not sure if I would go for a location closer to the convention centre, because in the evening I see people wandering around the local area and I'd rather be nearer that, but especially to avoid the morning rush hour in a taxi to get to the con.

As for Celebration Europe - it has finally been announced!!!
    We have threads on it in the regional here and FF-UK: London here.

13. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Typical...I start getting all excited about LA then they decide to do one in the UK...! ;)

Time to have a think about which one to go to....or do I go to both!!?! [face_thinking]

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm planning on both ... but we'll see if that becomes a reality. Both are so far away.

15. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Spotted this:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061025.html

So....who's seriously thinking about this one then!!?!

16. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well....I've just bought my ticket (4 day)...anyone else up for this then!!?!
    [face_dancing]

17. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Thought I'd bump this thread as some of us are talking about the LA event now...

18. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Yes, pesky newb here, ;)

Thanks for bumping!

I've got plans sorted for my hotel so far, but nothing else!

19. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, when I searched for flights, I found that KLM, Courtney Airsavers and STA Travel were the cheapest of the lot (Courtney Airsavers cheapest).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.