main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Celebration 5 in Chicago?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Vinylcapedjawa, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinylcapedjawa

Vinylcapedjawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    From theforce.net today: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Celebration_5_Rumors_113436.asp

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    It would make the best sense, being the middle of the country, great public transportation, and home to the world's finest Star Wars Fan Force.

3. Vinylcapedjawa

May 29, 2007
    I agree wholeheartedly.

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I wish I could get more excited, because this rumor has surfaced before for CIII I believe.

I guess I'll say hope for the best!

(The best is Chicago btw)

5. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Wow, If this is true Ill be pissed, just because I will have to fly back to Chicago for it. I have not heard this rumor yet, but anything is possible. But I got to say the L.A. venue was great, aside from the whole GenCon lawsuit issue. I cant imagine them finding a venue before they find a new company to deal with.

6. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Hopefully this link will hold.

should show a news article listing other cities trying for C-5

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2008/07/07/story5.html

// EDIT //

oh heck, here is a cut and paste of key info,

Baltimore has a shot of snagging a "Star Wars" fan convention that would rank among the city's largest gatherings, drawing as many as 35,000.

Lucasfilm Ltd., creator of the "Star Wars" series, is eyeing Baltimore for a four-day convention to be held either spring 2009 or spring 2010. Winning the convention would boost Baltimore's tourism business because of its size and media attention surrounding "Star Wars," one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons, local tourism experts said.

"It would be a great coup for Baltimore," said Melissa "Missy" Geppi-Bowersox, executive vice president of Geppi's Entertainment Museum. The Camden Yards pop culture museum houses many "Star Wars" collectibles and is expected to draw attendees from the convention. "We're talking about generations upon generations who loved the movies," Geppi-Bowersox said.

Baltimore is competing with Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis and Orlando, Fla., for the fan gathering to be known as Celebration V, said Steve Sansweet, director of content management and head of fan relations for Lucasfilm.

7. Vinylcapedjawa

May 29, 2007
    Baltimore seems like a really strange place to have Celebration 5.

8. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Yes, I agree:)

But if it is__________I kinda think that

these guys might be a little busy.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/MusicTrooper/starwarscake2.jpg]

9. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Not really...
    it is close to New York and other high population areas...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.