main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Celebration 5 in Orlando: August 13-15. Fill out this survey by Jan 28: What you WANT to see!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, thanks to Hasbor's jumping of the gun and stating that the winner of their diaroma contest would have their winning entry displayed at the Star Wars Celebration in 2010 (which was quickly changed to something like the next Celebration...) Steve Sansweet announced in the Star Wars Spectacular that there would indeed, be a Star Wars Celebration in 2010.

So, now we're just waiting on the where and the when...

And you've got to wonder if some of the rumors have a bit of true to them...

Chicago was one of the early rumors that hasn't really died down and Sansweet was just added to the Chicago Comic Con guest list... So maybe he's going there next weekend to announce that it will be there...

Though there are lots of rumors out there... it's just all speculation until we get the official announcement...

At least it's news.

2. GamorreanGirl

GamorreanGirl Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2009
    here's to hoping we know where by Saturday night...

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I don't know which and doubt I will be able to go to more than one, but I will be at this, or Dragon Con, or Comic Con next year. Here's to hopin' it's more than one. Are we still expecting a live-action SW TV show next year? Will this be a sort of kick-off for that?

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think live action might have gotten bumped another year cause of writers strike but I'm not sure about that....

Here's to hoping we get a date/time/location at Fan Days III?????

Sansweet said they hoped to announce within two weeks (or something like that) at Dragon Con... (I think I read that somewhere)

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    From Fan Days and the mouth of "the Man"

According to Steve Sansweet, a partner contract has not yet been reached for the convention, but should be finalized within the next 6-8 weeks.

Check out the little blurb in the news section...

Gah. Wah. Oh well.... A fanboy Christmas announcement????

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    News? Maybe...

You can find the bit here: Celebration 5 possible news

Possible Celebration V News

Posted By Chris on November 2, 2009

Campbell, Co-Founder of the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance, called in with some curious information this evening:

"Documents released by the Orlando Convention & Visitors Bureau indicate that Orlando is indeed bidding for Celebration V in 2010. The tentative dates, if the show comes to Orlando, would be Thursday, August 12th through Sunday August 15th, 2010. The anticipated attendance is 30,000 with approximately 15,000 rooms filled at peak. The Orange County Convention Center is currently holding 1 million square feet of space in the West Complex.

A presentation
    is being prepared for Lucasfilm and Reed Exhibitions next week and the group plans to narrow down the candidate cities to (2) by October 10th. From there, site visits will commence for the rest of the month with a tentative decision to be made by November 1st.

Perhaps just as interesting, is that a second bid is listed for an additional Celebration in August of 2014.

It's important to note that this information in no way, shape or form means Orlando will get Celebration V, but that the machine is very much in motion and that Orlando is ramping up and putting its best foot forward to acquire this huge piece of business."

An interesting note, the previously unnamed Reed Exhibitions is the same company that has organized New York Comic-Con for the last few years. Should be interesting to find out if this pans out. Thanks for the heads up, Campbell!

While this is very exciting to hear that an announcement may be close, we have still not received any official word from Lucasfilm Ltd. regarding a date or location for Celebration V. At this point, it's still any one's guess as to when or where it will be. It sure is fun to speculate though! As always, stay tuned right here for up to the minute information regarding this and all Star Wars news.

UPDATE: Jimmy Mac from the one and only ForceCast found the following article from The Orlando Business Journal that mentions Orlando's interest in hosting Celebration V.

Nothing that we haven't seen already, but at this point anything pertaining to CV is welcomed news.

Thanks Jim!

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Baltimore Bid For Celebration V Rejected

Posted By Justin on November 6, 2009

Some news:

Bad news for fans living in the Baltimore area who were hoping that Star Wars Celebration V would be coming to their backyard next year: Our own Jay Shepard informs us of a story reported on the Baltimore Business Journal website stating that the city's bid for hosting CV was rejected due to insufficient convention center space.

See the excerpt from the report below and then click HERE for the full read.

"Organizers of the Star Wars Celebration V rejected the city because its convention center doesn?t have enough room, said Tom Noonan, who heads the city tourist bureau. The four-day gathering could have attracted 35,000 visitors and filled 12,000 hotel room nights ? a larger impact than any convention the city currently hosts."

Guess we can scratch Baltimore off the list of potential CV locations. The other heavily-rumored locations (Chicago, Orlando, Minneapolis, etc) are still "all in play" until we get official confirmation otherwise.

As always, stay tuned right here for any and all CV-related stories as they happen.

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL! Yay! 12-15 Aug 2010. Wow $120 for a 4-day pass. More news at starwarscelebration

9. CDF_Vagabond

CDF_Vagabond Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2008
    Thanks for the information Kynstar I'll probably be making plans to go now that we know where it's happening.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
  11. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Here's hoping all goes as planned and I can make it!

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    They want the Fans opinion:

So get on and fill out this survey:

Fan Survey

13. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    Tickets ordered!

14. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

h_p, I saw that you will be staying at the Embassy Suites in Orlando. So will Grimby the Hutt, myself, and several members of the Rocky Mountain Fan Force. You are definitely welcome to join us at all parties and hanging out. Hope to see ya there!

I may not check your board frequently, but feel free to PM me if you've got questions, etc.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    That is AWESOME!!!

I'm looking forward to it...

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Holy Crap! Those VIP passes are astronomically priced! Does that mean everyone else is going to have to deal with horrendous lines?

17. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    I'm like 99% sure Im going to go to CV. It will be my 1st convention and im really excited.
    Although Im nervous about traveling alone from Arkansas to Florida...
    Im only 18 and have never done anything like this before.

I'm using my graduation money for the trip.
    Im probably going to book everything within the next week.
    I've been asking to go since october and just got an OK from my parents today..
    That took long enough.

haha :)

I love Orlando, we've been twice :D

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Anybody going with an empty seat or need or want to carpool?

I'm still on the fence and one of my main issues with going is money, so I'm putting this out there to see if it's even possibly for me to consider going.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    My van spot didn't match your schedule...

But, I have hotel space...

Heading out Monday... Be back the next Monday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.