main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Celebration 5

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Yes, I know that it's about a year away and we don't know where it's going to be held, but it's never too early to start planning for a Celebration. Most people in the group, myself included, may have a hard time coming up with the funds to go to C5, but I came up with an idea to perhaps defer the costs of rooms and possibly travel.

I passed this through TK to see what he thought and it seems like a good idea. I'm thinking of we could raise money through yard sales and the like and the proceeds could go towards travel and accommodations. Everyone would donate things to the yard sale and the money raised could go in a collective pot. Now for someone like me that doesn't have alot of stuff to sell (no storage=not alot of stuff laying around collecting dust), I could make some baked goods to sell at the yard sale. Secondly, at the Comic Book Day event in may, we could easily buy water and soda (I have a Sam's Club card, so we could buy in bulk) and sell it for a buck a piece at the event and again, all proceeds go towards the trip.

This is all still in the planning stage and would like everyone's input on this. Is it doable or is it a foolish idea? Let's hash this out, and hopefully we can get a good sized group going to C5. If you have never been to a Celebration, it is a total blast. It's hard to describe what it's like at a Celebration but you are totally immersed in Star Wars.

C5 or bust!! :D

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I think it's a great idea, espscially selling drinks/snacks at comic book day. We could even each donate a baked good for that as well and really maximize profits. Any funds that were made could be put into a short-term CD as well and earn a little interest while we wait for more details abotu C5.

3. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's,

I think the bake sale idea would be a great start.

I'll know this week about being able to set something up on FCBD at Jetpack for the group. I'm pretty sure we'll have NO problem but , I'm going to check it out first. As soon as I have the word I'll let you all know.

If all is well, we'll start a list of thing people would like to make and so on. We are going to need someone to work the table for the day all so. I'm sure we can take shifts. I like the idea about having water for sale as well.

Steve had said something about Tuesday maybe doing face painting for the KIDS! That a great idea! Every little kid LOVES they face painted. So we'll have to check in to doing that.

As far as any other fundriser for now? Well, we'll have to see what we can do? The yard sale Idea I think is just to much to try to pull off. I did think of something else like that...

Ummmmmmmmm....... lol

We can all ways do ebay? I run a shop on there and sell a ton of stuff. We could all ways do something like that? If anyone has anything they would like to donate to the group fund. Toy's , Star Wars, Nick nacks, Small item. Easy to ship lol. I can post them and if they sale the money made (After all ebay fee's) goes in the group pot.

One thing........
    With all this talk about raising money for thew group and all we are going to need a NEW Treasure. I'd like everyone to think about it and maybe talk on it a the next meeting.

I would like to give a nomination to Steve. That is if he'd like it? If anyone esle has any nomination out there please let us know. We can talk more about in the furture and vote on it if needed.

Ok....that enough talking from me for now. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

4. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok Guy's...

This should be the weekend that we hear from Mr. Sandsweet on C5? I believe he is speaking this weekend at the Chicago Comic Con. I could be wrong?! lol I would hope that if he is...he would be talking about C5 seeing as it is now 1 year away. So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope something comes out this weekend. [face_praying]

SeeYa,
    TK

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Looks like Baltimore is in the running for C5. Baltimore should be quite doable, no?

6. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Baltimore would be a good place to have it East Coast wise. I am kinda hoping it will be in either MN or Chicago. Those two areas are my old stomping grounds and I would love to back for a week. MN would be almost free for me since I have lots of friends in the area and finding lodging would be easy. Chicago would be great as well since it is my favorite city in the U.S. Indy wouldn't be bad either small town feel in a decent sized city.

7. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Baltimore = easy drive + great other attractions in the city. FL = too far and too hot MN or IL would be great too. I have relatives in MN that I could stay with and it would only be a 2 day drive...

8. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    My best friend lives in MD, so I know I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

9. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Baltimore would be sweet! My mom lives near Baltimore and I'm sure she wouldn't mind if me and some friends had a sleepover on the weekend!

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    FLORIDA, FLORIDA, FLORIDA !!

Everyone......

FLORIDA ! FLORIDA ! FLORIDA !! [face_peace]

TK

11. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    i have a friend in palm coast. its 20 minutes north of Datona.

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    See all the more reason to do it in ....

FLORIDA !! FLORIDA !! FLORIDA !!

I did see some where that it does look like Florida has the early lead in the polls for the place to be. Here's to hoping. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

13. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I just read over on the Massachusetts pages that C5 wont be held until 2010 and that a final city has not yet been chosen. They apparently had this from Sansweet himself at some DragonCon event. Really, what some peopel are into I just can't understand. [face_whistling]

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I read that too and I'm all for it. Just gives me some time to save! :D

15. Phantdommenace

Phantdommenace Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2008
    Florida Florida!!! Then we can be in the town of Amira the Belly Dancing Slave Leia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.