main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Collectibles

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Feb 3, 2017.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    whostheBossk and xyloren like this.
  2. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    $35 with a shirt doesn't seem too bad. Although the conversion rate to Australia dollars makes everything more expensive.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If I wake up early enough tomorrow I'm sure I will buy one. I would like a new Star Wars shirt for each day I'm there.

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I got one of the sets. They are sold out now. Reed Pop kind of sucks, they are not prepared at all. The fact that they had to send an email out explaining they made a mistake about how their own website works is pretty weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Well that sucks. They're all sold out already. When I checked earlier on my laptop just a few hours ago it said please use a PC or Mac to continue the purchase. It kind of confused me since I thought I was using a PC. And there was no other additional link or anything. But I had to go to work and didn't get a chance to check it using my Mac. But now that I'm online here at work they're already sold out.

I'm not really into any of that cartoonish looking SW stuff anyway, which it appears these pins are going to be that type of look and design. Nor am I really into the trading aspect of it all. Plus they don't even say SW Celebration on them. I was more interested in it because I'm just getting really excited for Celebration and I don't want to miss out on anything.

Rox: I agree, I read that email too. Seemed kind of all over the place.

6. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Sold out already. :(

Makes it hard when it opens up in the middle of the night for me.

7. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Anyone know if it would be ok to make some memorabilia to use as trade or give away to nice people for this 40th?

will_russ_knight likes this.
  8. will_russ_knight

will_russ_knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2017
    Totally cool, there is a LARGE swag trading group assembling. search SWCO SWAG on Facebook
    Buttons, Pins, trading cards, ect

9. Neverx

Neverx Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2014
    Echosen likes this.
  10. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017

I don't Facebook. Thanks for the heads up. I found some stuff being made on the rebel scum forum. Anyways, I'm in the process of a small side business making pins. Nothing star wars related, but for SWCO Im thinking of running 4 pins, all LE approx 200. Im debating doing some lanyard & cards too. I was looking up lanyard prices tho, and may just make the cards, as ill be spending quite a bit on the pins, plus if i do make cards, every1 will have lanyards already.
    as an pin collector, im not really excited about the first 2 pins announced, if thats the theme of the pins then sucks for me, this is my first SWC but looking up the pins from last year, it was lacking as well.
    by the way, I think Reed Pop does kinda suck their merch is blah..(imo which doesn't mean squat)

11. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Works for me.

12. will_russ_knight

Jan 17, 2017

Sorry guess i should have sent you to RebelScum, just didnt think it was okay to mention them on this forum
    The facebook group i was referring to is the same one as posted on RebelScum. All those pictures of SWAG is updated on both places
    Hope to see/meet you there@
    We currently have 113 members who are bringing swag to trade, so itll be a SWAG Party!

13. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Oh my bad if I'm it not suppose to mention "it". Ya we should def have a plan on how to meet up, w/ the group too and fellow board members. Hmm should I post pics of the pins I'm making or keep it a surprise?

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Rebelscum is owned by the same guy that owns this site. You're fine.

15. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Im no longer able to make the pins unfortunately.

16. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    How do I post a pic?
    Thx

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You need to host it one some other site, then you take the url and and click the "insert/edit image" in the toolbar above where you write, it's the one that loosk like a tree. :) Paste the url into the box and you're done.

CoolyFett likes this.
  18. will_russ_knight

Jan 17, 2017
    Upload pic to member gallery, then you can easily posy on the forum

19. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Well i did it another way, my avatar image is the new pin I'm working on. Had to scrap my other plans due to copyright. Anyways this new pin size will most likely be 1.25x1.25., It may need to be a print pin rather than hard enamel unfortunately. With 3d glasses it will give a jump to light speed effect:)

20. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    That's a pretty clever idea.

21. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Thanks, i was kinda bummed about the other pins because they had a great celebration, festive theme to them, but I'm happy with this.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    You could always make them yourself if you were really into your other design. They make button kits at JoAnn's. They are pretty inexpensive. I've done them before for my kid's baseball team.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Neverx likes this.
  24. Neverx

Neverx Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2014
  25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000