main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Europe Heads Up

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_En_Ghedi, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    got my 3 day pass today, it's got a cartoon picture of Luke holding a Lightsabre aloft and Princess Leia at his feet in homage to Star Wars Episode IV 1st release poster, is everyone else's the same ?

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Mine was the same Steve.

I've since given that to my local comic shop owner as I can't make the 3 days due to a wedding and got Any Day Invite from Diamond Comics which I can swap at the door for a one day pass.

There is so much to do! Really wish I could be there all 3 days but I'll have to make the most of Friday.

Can't believe Mark Hamill's autograph is so much! I wanted to get 2 - one as Luke and one in my Batman Animated book as Joker to go with Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Paul Dini (Producer/Writer).

3. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Shame you can only make the 1 day, but better than not at all!

I was gonna get Mark's autograph, especially as you can get a photograph, how much is it? is it £60 ?

4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Mark's is £85

I'm really torn as I want the Joker in the book (hope to try and get all the main cast one day) but Luke would look great on the wall, especially with Mara next to it. I was gonna get both but at £85 that's not really possible unless I convince some relatives to club together and get me one as a birthday present (which may be possible if they haven't already got me anything).

Just printing off my train details now. I'll be arriving in Euston at 7:52, then it's on to Excel via tube, straight to the queue to get my tickets sorted (a pain but worth it since the 3 day pass won't be wasted now) and the queue to get in and straight to try and get a Mark Hamill autograph.

Wish I could be there for the 7am meet up but train times wouldn't allow it :(

5. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    7am is just impossible for most people, I will probably be there between 10.30 and 11 am! Not been to The Excel yet and not sure how to get there from Waterloo just yet?

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I've been once many moons ago, I got the tube from Euston to whichever stop it was and it was really easy to find once you leave the underground.

7. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    You take the Jubilee Line from Waterloo, change at Canning Town onto the DLR, take the train towards Beckton - it's two stops for Custom House & then a short(ish) walk.

8. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Thanks Fizzbin, just leaving now, I hope to see you all there?

My mobile is the same as before 07767 403675 if anyone wishes to meet up, have fun

Steve

PS Chris please give me a call/text

9. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    <comes out of hiding>
    I'm gonna try to get tickets for tomorrow (saturday) on the spot. Not wise, I know, but i'll try to be there early to line up and if I do get them I'll give you guys a shout.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's a thread in the CE forum that says tickets are sold out for Saturday.

11. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    yeah, I found that out midday today. So I bolted out of work and went down to get a 3 day pass at the door. Too bad I missed out on Mark Hamill's one hour talk today. I saw the queue to get in and my jaw just dropped.

Damn! I'll catch all the good shows tomorrow though. I'm sure it'll be dead packed.

12. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Great Show guys, Mark Hamill was very friendly, lots to see, look forward to seeing/hearing from you later today and Sunday.

Missed Lord Tice, but he won't escapr tomorrow.

Chris where were you ?

Lots of freebies and as always much too much to buy! All good stuff

13. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I couldn't find any freebies (except for the coins). I don't think tickets were worth £23 at all. There really wasn't that much to see there unless you wanted to wait in line for hours to catch a glimpse of Mark Hamill. The first Celebration in Colorado was much better (didn't go to the other three, so I can't compare).

14. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    you mean you didn't flail about on the bouncy thing?
    you didn't watch the recreation of the tantive IV?
    you never made a model with the revell guys,or made a cardboard model from the cardboard model guys...can't remember their names.
    or duel with a jedi master on dagobah?

you never gazed into the hairy crack of darth konikus?
    what's wrong with you?
    eh?

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After a stop at the local pub, Tim and I are still having post-traumatic stress about darth's builder's crack... [face_laugh]

16. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Great show, ANCHORHEAD were awesome!

17. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    **********************************************S T O P P R E S **************************************************************

Spoke to the Celebration Europe event Director and there WILL BE ANOTHER twice as big an event in 2009

Hurrahhh!

18. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    That is great news but based on the crowds, a dead cert really. And glad it'll be bigger as it really needs to be. Can't believe we never got to actually see each other Steve but that's testiment to the show and the crowds I guess, lol.

It was far greater then I had expected and I had a great time despite being ill through-out :D I didn't really get to see as much as I would have liked but if there's a next time......................... ;)

19. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Do I start saving for another trip to see my London brothers and sisters for this? I would have loved to have gone to this one, but money was scarse this year.

20. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Me and Koren had a great time on saturday despite hardly being able to move because it was so packed. Nice to see you all again and a massive thanks to a couple of you (you know who you are). Looking forward the next LF&CC now. :)

21. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Twice as big is good. I'm assuming if they use ExCel again they'll open up the North side to go with the South side which was used this weekend.

Oh, and just to say, was great meeting all you London guys! [face_peace]

22. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    2009?
    so,if i start painting right now...
    i should get some work done.
    hmmm.

23. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    2009?
    If I start saving I might be able to go and actually buy things this time, lol.

24. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Even if late... I know!

I would just like to congratulate you people for the fine city of London I got to (barely) visit.
    I felt at home, someway... even the nasty IBIS hotel was top notch.

2009? so late? ah well... Gotta wait and see...

25. Hitmanoj31

Hitmanoj31 Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2006
    An enjoyable event. I attended saturday and Sunday. Went to see the London Symphoney orchestra on the Friday.

Very much looking forward to the next event.

Plus points: Some top stalls, the fans in costume, some freebies, finallt getting to say hi to the crew members of the movies, meeting Rick McCallum, exhitions of sets...cameras being allowed... erm i think theres loads of other things i can't think of but mainly had loads of fun.

bad points: Tokens to cue up get autographs and high prices to meet some of them, security guys getting a bit over the top..
    One of the Jabba puppeters was also not amused with the way they organised the whole token thing for people to cue up. Big improvements to be made in that area. It was ment to be a more freindly atmosphere.

All in all 8 out of 10 but it was a great event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.