main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    At the closing ceremony for CVI it was announced that CEII will be held in Essen, Germany, on the July 26th-28th 2013.

So it's just to start gearing up for the next Celebration.

I'm going to be there, what about you?

IncomT65 likes this.
  2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    i would love to and I was thinking about it but the transmission just went out on my car, so I'm just going to worry about saving for CVII instead :(

3. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Considering it.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I can afford to go, just need to organise where to stay and whether I will travel by myself or with others.

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm going. It's only about an hour from where I live, hence I was beyond ecstatic when I heard the news. I've never been to a convention like this before. I imagine it'll be huge. I've been to FedCon a few times and it was fun too but I have the feeling that Celebration will be way better. :D

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I'm living fairly close by as well, so I'd say there's a pretty good chance I'll be there.

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I am going to be there as well Obi Anne! Are we going to have a table at the con? I would love to help out where I am needed. LFL is sending alot of employees over to Germany, which is so nice, because most of my family is from Europe. I cannot wait! Woohoo!

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm not sure about the table yet. We have to make sure that we have enough volunteers who are willing to help out before signing up for one. I'm hoping that there will be a table though, I really liked our table from CVI so I would like to repeat that.

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    What kind of volunteers do you need? Or rather, what would you need the volunteers to do?

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The table need to be manned at all hours that the con is open, there is also planning involved for what we are going to have at the table. Ordering stuff, things like that.

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Obi Anne...I am up for the challenge. I am willing to man the table as much as possible. I am actually learning German now...lol. I have to get my Mom to help me out too. I know some, but I would like to be able to get around.

Let me know what all needs to be ordered and I can see if I can get some wholesale costs.

Hugs!

12. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I am going! And super EXCITED to be going to a Celebration in Europe - WOOT!!:D

13. jedi yuki

jedi yuki Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2012
    would like to go to CE2, Germany. oh, yeah.

14. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm hoping to go...got paperwork to get a passport...now just need to find cash for flight, etc. :)

15. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I am definitely going to be there.

BTW, can't we get a separate forum for Celebration Europe II? It is getting a bit confusing with those "old" threads from CVI around that people are still posting in.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've started tags for CVI and CEII, if you are only interested in one of the subjects you can press the tag and you will only see other topics with that tag.

17. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    If I go, I'll be happy to take some shifts at the table. I'd be going only to meet other JC'ers anyway.

Does anyone know what ticket prices will be like? How much did you pay in London?

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I would guess that the prices would be around €100, looking at the prices for the least Celebrations.

19. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Is that 100€ per day or for the whole thing? *is totally clueless*

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    For the whole thing. You can usually also buy just a single day ticket, that would be cheaper, but if you are planning to be there for the whole event it's best to buy the full ticket.

21. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Sounds good, and it's actually not as expensive as I feared. Thank you. :)

One more question, if I may: Do these tickets usually sell out quickly? Meaning, will I have to decide as soon as they become available or would I still be able to buy them shortly before the event?

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It wasn't that expensive for a 3 day pass last time as I recall, although this time I need to factor in hotels and travel.

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Celebration Europe II! A long time coming but finally its official! :)

Planning on attending this. Got to work out the expenses side of it though.

If I do go, I'd be happy to help out in whatever capacity :) (even though my local fanforce chapter isnt exactly active right now)

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    As far as I remember, the prices are between 90 and 120€ depending on if you're in the OSWFC and on the time you buy it. The earlier, the cheaper it is.

I don't know, if I can go because of some private stuff around that time. But I really want to join you at the FF Party!! I don't wanna miss that one! :)

25. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I doubt I'll be there due to the constant lack of free time and money right now :( but I'd like to offer my help to anyone who needs help in finding a place to stay or translations or anything. Essen is my hometown although I don't live there anymore.