main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    It's wonderful how Yahoo!Movies, USA Today, and any of the other major news outlets that ran this story (or variations on it) all seem to neglect mentioning the sold-out Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo (www.calgaryexpo.com) panel from which all of this discussion came from. (For those that want to see the panel, they can see it in its entirety at http://flipon.tv/event/calgary-expo-2013/archive/s-1594/ )

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Sorry to say my RSVP is a solid No at this point. :(

I hope that all of you who are able to attend have an awesome time!

3. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I will be attending, staying at the Atlantic Congress Hotel. This will be my 4th Celebration I have attended. Did Jedi Knight pass for CV, Jedi Master pass for CVI and went ahead and did the Jedi Master pass for CVII. Hoping to meet some new people while I am out there, as always it should be a blast.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Small update on the site today with a promise that there will be info about "Star Wars Rebels". Apparently, there will be a panel about it.

5. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    CVII hasn't been announced yet. This is CEII.;)

You might meet me in line in the morning.[face_dancing]
    This will also be my fourth Celebration. Has been to the last three in the US.[face_dancing]

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Makes sense given Filoni is there, he'll probably want to talk more about his new show than get endless questions about TCW most of which will be "why was it cancelled?" "What about the unresolved arcs?" and so on. He can't just say "Disney made me do it, blame them", so best to focus on something else.

7. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    Anyone know if the jedi master package is any good. Can I skip auto and photo queues?

8. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Assuming it's like in America, then there will be a special queue for VIPs for the big guests, that will have priority in the signing area.
    If, in the morning, there is a long queue of VIPs and some non VIPs has been queueing for a long time before the guest shows up, then they will let non VIPs in between VIPs, but once the morning rush of VIPs is over (if there ever was one) then as a VIP you can go right up and have your turn, when the few people at the table is moving along.

For photo shoots there is no advantage for VIP. It's just one long queue, but once they start, it will go quickly.

Having said this, they might do something differently this time, but this was what it was like at Celebration V and VI (from my point of view, I wasn't a VIP)

9. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    Ah OK, thats pointless. VIP tickets should be able to skip photo queues!

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Is there an option to get tickets for signings an photoshoots before the event? Because I haven't seen one.

11. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Bah. There is a "Commemorative Guide" book for a limited-time preorder online ... but it can't be shipped ahead of time so that visitors could use to plan their visit. It has to be picked up at the store inside the event... and I suppose that means that you will have to wait in line with everyone else who wants "exclusive merchandise" to get the guide book. That's retarded ...

Also, I don't see that it would be possible to pick up your badge on the day before the event... Bah!

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, I think that's how it was last time as well. The Commemorative Guide is more of a souvenir than an event planning tool. You're better off using their website to plan your convention time.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame they aren't doing the Hyperspace stuff anymore, I liked having access to a special lounge area and a unique lanyard last time.

Plus they did Galactic Passports and you could go around getting stamps of various planets which was cool. I still have mine, maybe I'll bring it in case a trooper asks to see my ID :p

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
  15. f.nyman

f.nyman Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2013
    Yup, that's it..Makes it easier to handle. :) In my humble opinion.

16. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'll most likely be attending. I've signed up for the volunteer helpers (which means I will get in for free). I've received a confirmation already. If it stays that way, I'll come (can't afford it if I need to pay). Will be working shifts as a German/English translator (if they give me that spot), so if any of you need help, find me. :D

17. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    It is my understanding from the US based Celebrations, that you have to buy a ticket, which will then be exchanged for a volunteer badge. And after the convention you will be refunded the ticket price if you have worked the shifts required.
    I don't think being a volunteer gets you free entry up front, if that's what you are saying. Well, not unless they are doing things differently for this Celebration.:)

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The Bounty Hunt challenge which runs throughout the 3 days of CE sounds like good fun, similar to getting stamps in the Galactic Passport last time.

Might need to team up for that though, so as not to backtrack and end up with the same clues again.

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    As far as I've understood it (based on the website), I don't need to buy a ticket. I can pick up my batch and get in for free. But in case I already bought a ticket, I will get it refunded.

The official website says: "Accepted Crew will receive their badge when they check in before their first shift; if you purchased a ticket before you were accepted to the volunteer team, you will be refunded the price minus the processing fee before the show."

So I think I'm fine without a ticket. (I already got an e-mail with the schedule, so I'm in the crew.)

There are lots of open slots, though. So if anyone else would like to help out.... :)

20. jedi hulk

jedi hulk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
    I'd email them just in case.. you wouldn't want to get there and find out you need a ticket... doesn't hurt to be sure :)

21. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Wish I was going and was planning on it but we have a baby due at the end of July so knowing my luck. . . . . it was best to cancel all plans.

Have fun all you lucky people that are going though. I loved CE at Excel and will be a little envious of those going to a bigger and better show!

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well a baby is quite an adventure as well.

Yesterday I carried my 18th century costumes up to my attic and took the SW costumes down instead. Two weeks to fix some issues with them. I'm not going to add a new costume for this celebration, so that means that for once I'm not stressing about it. Feels pretty good actually. Still I need to take care of some wear and tear and other small things on some of them.

23. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You did the right choice, Hando. There'll be more SW events in the future. Not that they are announced yet, but with the upcoming movies, they won't leave the fans alone. I would even bet that there's another Jedi-Con, which is usually better than the last CE in London. So you won't miss all the fun. Plus, none of us can say what you can say. Maybe we should envy you! :)

I was thinking about fixing my costume as well, but with just being able to come for one day and with all the stress at home (still the annoying water damage), I hardly realise that it's July already. It still feels like April or so. Means, I won't have the time for it. So I stay with watching other people in their costumes. :)

24. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    A printable schedule is up on the official site.

25. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    So the Darth Maul arc screening is going to be at the same time as the Ian McDiarmid panel at Friday and on Saturday it's going to crash with Carrie Fisher.
    Too bad I wanted to catch that screening. Oh, Well.