main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Europe in London July 2007!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by ChrisLyne, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    I'll be awaiting prices and such... I might have a few friends from the Continent who'd LURVE to be there.

I'm not sure about myself but for reasonable ticket prices and Ray Park and/or Nick Gillard I might break into my purse. (That is if I'll have any money left over from the planned India-Japan trip in the spring. [face_praying] )

Is there any indication what price-range it's going to be? I'm not familiar with conventions.

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It's really hard to say how much this will cost. SM events usually cost no more then £10 to enter, but seeming as this is a different kettle of fish, I suspect something along the lines of £50-80, which would give you entry for the whole show (i.e 4-5 days) while individual day tickets may cost around £10-20 each. This is a guess though, based on previous convention experience. If SM could keep entry down to say £5-10 per day then that would be brilliant, but the costs they have to cover this time are much higher then ever before.

Autographs I imagine will be standard SM prices, so anything from £15-25 including photo. At C3, autographs cost between $10-30 each plus $5 per photo (optional of cause), so they're about the same. Either way, you'll need a good £100 or so to enjoy the show....unless you want to get a mountain of stuff in which case add a few more zeros to that figure :p

I don't think we'll know for sure how much it'll cost until the end of the year, I might get some clues later next month though :D

3. chrisfree

chrisfree Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2006
    Great. Thanks for the info. [:D]

4. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Really?! That cheap :p

Call me cynical but I can't help feeling it will cost a great deal more than that. Sorry, just feel that this is probably another attempt to screw the fans for a few more £ to line Lucasfilm's pockets. Not that I have anything against that, after all how many copies of the SW films have I bought so far...??? [face_plain]

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    /cough/star wars fact files/cough/

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The dates have been announced - July 13-15, 2007. You can see the details here. So far no conflicts for me!

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    no mention of showmasters in that press release.
    curious...

8. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It's a business thing Jamie, so while the Showmasters name isn't directly attached to it, it wont effect the running of the show or what's being planned.

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
  10. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    And Steve Sansweet is wrong about only 4 of the Star Wars films being shot in London. To be pedantic (and I like being so!), all 6 films have been made entirely or partly in London. Although arguably TPM was made at Leavesden, which is not London but in Hertfordshire, closer to Watford than Central London I believe.

Interesting that Showmasters aren't mentioned at all, I agree Jamie. After all the release refers to Cards Inc as Lucasfilm's official partners.

At least we know the dates now although is it a bad omen opening on Friday 13th [face_worried]

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    what could possibly go wrong?

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [image=http://www.exn.ca/news/images/S/SW-deathstarSUPER.jpg]

Don't tempt fate [face_worried]

13. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005