Celebration Europe - Northern Jedi on Tour July 2007

Discussion in 'North' started by edgejedi88, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just as a quick heads up guys, we have had some communications and beliEve the dates to be July 13-15, better start booking those hotels, the event starts now!

For more hotel information http://www.eco.co.uk/ECO/main.nsf/webpages/bookhotel?opendocument

The IBIS still has rooms as I type this but I would urge you to move fast if you want to stay there, I doubt they will be there for long.

Ive booked 3 TWIN rooms at the Ibis (which is practically next door to Earls Court) from 12 July to 15 July inclusive right now. I can cancel or amend them later on, but these rooms will go FAST!

Official announcement here
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060925.html
  2. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Cheers for this, Jase!
    I'll be there (so long as I can get a ticket!)
    From looking at the Ibis website, it'll be £72 per night (between two i.e. £36 each per night??)
    If that's the case, then can I take a bed?
  3. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Ditto, can I take one of them spots Jace? or are them rooms you booked already taken?
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    so far Ive booked 3 rooms....one for me (plus one other - maybe Tim - my usual roomie...because we match each other in the loud snoring stakes so neither of us minds...lol)

The other two rooms - if Tim wants his own room then he has first call on the second room. He's gonna let me know tonight. As for the third room - Im gonna hang fire till tonight to see how the booking situation goes...I expect the Ibis is gonna fill either today or tomorrow with SW fans...why not ring and reserve - even if you dont have a credit card? Worth a try...
  5. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Looks good - I think we may need more rooms or floor space for the ammount of people going ?

6. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Whats the Number? Will have to try them after work though, gotta go now.
  7. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    You mean Numbers attending ?

start a list we must

Jedi_master_booth
    Egdejedi88

8. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    Think he meant number for the hotel, but a list is good :)

Jedi_master_booth
    Egdejedi88
    Whim
  9. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Jedi_master_booth
    Egdejedi88
    Whim
    Suzijedi
  10. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi_master_booth
    Egdejedi88
    Whim
    Suzijedi
    spike_thmid

*****IMPORTANT*****

I've just found a hotel with a quin room (5 people) inc breakfast for £440 for 4 nights 12-15 thats only £88 each !!! or a 4 person room for £410 = £102.50 each and it's only a 5 min walk away from Earls Court [face_dancing]

anyone fancy a cheap stay ??

party of 5

grr...can't get the link to work :mad:
  11. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't mind sharing in a 5 person room.
  12. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just go to http://www.activehotels.com and put in Earls Court....

I'll let you know tonight on accom from my end so we can sort out those at the Ibis.

The good thing about making a hotel booking right now is that even if you confirm it with a credit card, you can still amend of cancel the booking. I should have booked like 10 rooms really shouldnt I? lol

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I'm missing camp next year to go to this so I better get sorted out sharpish shouldnt I [face_worried]
  14. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK guys - the Ibis is now officially full. Just goes to prove which franchaise is the most popuar eh...:p

Thats 504 rooms!!!!!

Looks like the 'Fair/Event' rate is £99, although my confirmation says £72. They had a disclaimer on the confirmation saying they reserve the right to change this....

Thinking caps on....
  15. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm hoping to be staying at Euston rather than Earls Court itself. Not sure if hubby is coming so need to wait for him to decide before booking.

EDIT: Okay, we (yes the hubby is coming) are booked into the Ibis at Stratford from the Thursday to Monday. Not near Earls Court but a convenient place to be for the Tube, etc. Plus it has a nice Nandos next door :p
  16. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    I cannot wait!!!its going to rock,A Star Wars Celebration in the U.K. , now i dont have to Sacrifice the money for university going to L.A.lol :)
  17. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Count me in then =P~
  18. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've got a bad feel about this, don't know if I'm going to have the money for this :(

Damn stupid hotels and thier silly prices [face_shame_on_you]
  19. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
  20. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    put me down for a place in the rooms...but i might have other plans
  21. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Well done Spikey -
    Put me down for the room share I realy need to start attending theses events and as from next year my Costume will be fully updated so Yipeee
  22. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chatted to Jase before, I'll share his room, and there may be another room available in another hotel, but I'll get back to you on that one.
  23. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, so for the quin room at the Oxford Hotel I have

spike_thmid
    jedi_master_booth
    lord_ogli
    suzijedi

I need one more person - I'll get it booked today for 12-16 July, £440 which means £88 each, not bad for 4 nights but I wouldn't be expecting the Ritz !!!
  24. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    £88 for 4 nights, better than I was hoping for and all I need is a spot to put my sleeping bag and a roof over my head, anything more is a bonus. Leigh was looking for a room btw but her net isn't yet so she can't get on a lot.
  25. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So is the any room at the inn?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.