main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Europe - Northern Jedi on Tour July 2007

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by edgejedi88, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    glad you guys got sorted :D

looks like there is going to be a strong presence from FFUK:N at Celebration Europe [face_dancing]

anyone else still looking/struggling for accomidation ? maybe we can set up a room-share/exchange programme with the other chapters for those looking for rooms ?

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Rob (Darkinhere) is still holding one room at the Holiday Inn near to Earls Court. Its a 4 night booking and £99 per night (same as Ibis). If anyone wants the room can they post here pls in the next 7 days before he releases the booking - hes holding onto it just in case but hes now at the <Jedi Partyzone> Ibis <Jedi Partyzone>.

I can help sort this if anyone is up for the room :cool:

3. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Just a Name change -

suzijedi
    jedi_padawan_leigh
    spike_thmid
    Grand_General_Heath
    lord_ogli

Just edited old User name (Jedi_master_booth) to new User name !

4. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    :p

5. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Whatch It[face_shame_on_you] I may be an Imperial Soldier But I still know how to use my Lightsaber ![face_shame_on_you]

6. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    I'll most likely be going - my friends live in Clapham so i'm gonna hope to be crashing there again like I did for the LFCC (one train stop away). Cheap!

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Let's start the betting she comes up to the table at CE but doesn't talk to us :p

I'm sorry, couldn't resist. You can hit me at Leeds :p

8. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Awwww, don't pick on tethys, Tim :p Although I was going to make the same comment, lol. Don't be afraid to approach us though Tethys, whether we are changing in costume or not. We'll try not to sweat and smell too much this time, although it is likely to be very hot in mid-July [face_worried]

9. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Its going to be great, cannot wait for next year!:D

10. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Any more updates on prices and stuff:)

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...a lot of these things are being sorted out as we speak....as soon as we know more I will try and post over here....

The one certainty is that you need ;

1. time off for the 13th - 15th July 2007
    2. that you need somewhere to stay
    3. that you have enough energy for this huge party!!!!

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    PLEASE NOTE A MAJOR VENUE CHANGE FOR CELEBRATION EUROPE!http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061122.html

HERES A LINK TO HOTELS IN THE AREA (Ive just rebooked at the Ibis Excel now!)
    http://www.excel-london.co.uk/en/visitors/hotels.html

Star Wars Celebration Europe Is Growing!
    November 22, 2006

Advance interest in Star Wars Celebration Europe has been high enough to persuade the event's organizers to move it from Earl's Court to a much larger venue, ExCeL, London.
    Star Wars Celebration Europe dates remain unchanged. The festival will run from Friday, July 13 through Sunday, July 15, 2007. Celebration Europe, produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and The Cards Inc. Group, will celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Star Wars saga with what promises to be Europe's largest Star Wars party ever.

"We have been overwhelmed by the initial response to the announcement of Star Wars Celebration Europe," said Barry Eldridge, coordinator for Star Wars Celebration Europe. "After careful consideration we have chosen to move the event to ExCeL, which is London's largest conference and exhibition venue."

The larger venue will allow a greater number of guests, larger exhibition space, and more outdoor space, which Eldridge said will allow for more innovative content.

"The decision to move the venue was not one we took lightly," added Eldridge. "We are confident that the move offers us the ability to provide Celebration Europe attendees with the best possible experience next July."

In addition to larger event space, ExCeL London offers dozens of restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes, six on-site hotels, 4000-car parking spaces and three Docklands Light Railway stations with access to London Underground and London City Airport.

Stay tuned to starwars.com and celebrationeurope.com for further updates. Celebration Europe tickets and Celebration Europe accommodation packages are scheduled to become available around the end of November.

Star Wars Celebration Europe will be filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of original movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise, pop culture tributes, interactive events, a costume contest, and much more.

13. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    spike_thmid
    jedi_master_booth
    lord_ogli
    suzijedi
    Leigh

I will cancel the room at the hotel I booked near Earls Court and look for something nearer. I'll re-post when I find somewhere else. I'll do my best to get a room big enough for 5, but some may just have to sleep on the floor!

More later......

<cue frantic online booking>

Back again....

2 x twin rooms booked at Ibis Docklands from 12-16 July- it'll work out at £103.60 each between five of us...hope that's OK!! Breakfast is approx £5 extra.

14. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Suzi - try for Ibis Excel - its next door to the event! Ive booked 6 rooms there - just in case. If the LFL CE package is good, I can always cancel them anyway worst case.

Ibis Excel details

15. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Thanks for spotting my mistake, Jase!! =D=
    Now re-booked at Ibis Excel with two twin rooms and same number of nights- it's also a hell of a lot cheaper too! £66.40 between five of us!!

16. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    I will wait 14 days for this CE hotel package thing

17. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

Hi Suzi, is that £66.40 in total ??

18. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    It's £166 for each room for the four nights, so that's £332 altogether for the two rooms. Divided by five = £66.40 [face_dancing] Not bad, eh?

19. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    FANTASTIC !!!

Suzi - you are a star [:D]

the quality of the rooms will probably be better aswell !!

20. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi jase
    me and my friend mark from coventry will take a twin room for the 14th (i'll be there for 2 days only 14th and 15th)
    cheers
    nigel

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    So whats there to do in Newham then?

22. Whim_of_the_Whills

Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2006
    Make sure you don't get ill and end up in hospital :p Newham is not the greatest *cough*

Otherwise, there's a THX cinema and not much else.

Brick Lane is not far - curry :D (Just for Tim ;))

OOh, just remembered - Canary Wharf - very impressive DLR station and nice area to view at night.

23. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Shame it's a bit out of the way of the main area London

24. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Nige - the booking is for four days mate....sorry - forgot to mention....lets see what the LFL CE packages are though in the next couple of weeks before we alter anything...the booking is just sitting there right now so no big deal.

If the packages are good I will certainly be cancelling my room, but lets see - I think Im trying to cover all angles right now - probalby like most fans after this mornings announcement.

25. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    the hotel can always just do one room for the one night its your booking and it frees up the other days for that room as you said lets see what the packages are like
    have fun in hartlepool tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.