Celebration Europe - something going on?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by johnny124, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny124 Jedi Knight

I went to Memorabilia at the NEC the other weekend, and overheard a conversation at one of the stalls about Celebration Europe. Dismissed it at the time though.

I've been following the posts on Showmasters forums (specifically the Empire Day one) and posted to a thread about C.E. . Went back later in the day, and now can't find any mention of Celebration Europe at all in their forums?

Anyone know why? As there is no "don't talk about celebration europe" sticky on there, I expect if I post the same thing as this there it'd get deleted.

It ties in with what I heard (and no, I won't repeat it as I still think it was just vicious gossip and as I've always thought Showmasters have done a decent job) but just wanted to know if anyone could shed some light?
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I haven't heard anything but I find it 'funny' that forum threads about CE on their site have been deleted. (I followed a link to one from Google and came up with an error). Perhaps we will hear something official soon.
  3. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    There has been a thread on Showmaster's forum, but it seems it has been deleted.
  4. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    They should have had something official by now considering it has been announced elsewhere.
  5. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll let you know what is happening as soon as I can ;)
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I figured you'd respond sooner or later.. :)
  7. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Meal first, rumours later ;)

Veggie chilli con carne worked out nice! I need to get a chef hat next. And maybe an apron.
  8. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Sounds good. I like chili but I normally eat the variety with meat..
  9. johnny124 Jedi Knight

Cheers Tim :) Would be interested to see what's going on. (I scrubbed any ideas of going to C4 due to CE, but if CE isn't going to be what I thought then I might just keep watching those flight prices to LAX!)

(and its really nice to be on a friendly forum by the way - was afraid of getting my head bitten off, seeing how nasty some other forums I frequent (non SW) seem to be getting!.
  10. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    You have a PM (private message) waiting for you btw johnny124 ;)
  11. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I haven't heard any negative news, and Showmasters were also at the NEC event talking about CE with the public, telling them who they plan to get etc. So as far as I'm aware, nothing has changed and this event has been in the planning stages for well over a year now, so I'd like to think it's pretty solid too.

It is strange that all the threads have disappeared from the SM forum. One answer maybe because all the previous threads appeared in the Empire Day 17 forum, so maybe SM want to move everything into a new CE only forum, or start afresh?
    Maybe Lucasfilm told them to do it for whatever reason? Or maybe a complication has occured?

We should have a better idea what's what in the coming weeks as the Showmasters event season kicks-in again and I should get to find some more stuff out.

Johnny, do you know who was saying ill things about CE?? Was it a dealer or someone talking to a dealer per chance?
  12. johnny124 Jedi Knight

Tim - replied :)

LordTice - sorry, I was looking at figures at the same time and had my back turned, so I didn't even get to hear 100% of what was said. The conversation was in front of the stall, so could of been anyone, so I wouldn't want to guess further :)
  13. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks Johnny :D :cool:

Having talked to Johnny, this isn't about the show happening or not, it is to do with something else, and what I can definitely say for now is that there is no need to worry. I also believe that the threads were taken down for a reason that will be clear to anyone who knows a little about how Lucasfilm works with the companies that run such conventions, so please no one go and push Showmasters on this, that is their private matter. We will work with what we already have, and when more information is made public we'll work with that too. Thank you for all posting here, just be patient and hopefully this will be one of the best Star Wars events.
  14. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Someone over at the SM forum has posed the question 'why have all the CE threads have gone? No official response but like us, someone (who I think it well connected) has said it's more Lucasfilm's doing as they want to be the ones making official announcements. Sounds about right, although I can't see the harm of having people talk about it and hopefully this doesn't mean they've reduced the power SM will have over the event. But the jist is CE is still going to happen, lol :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.