main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Europe

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    So, now that the dates for Celebration Europe have been officially announced, 13th-15th July 2007, who's up for a gang of Midlanders to attend?

I reckon we should all try for the same hotel (more of a party atmosphere :D) and of course, since this is my birthday weekend (17th :D) we really need to pull out the partying playbook and make it huge.

So, any takers?

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I honestly dont think I'll make the full event. If I was single , not a problem, but as you know when you hook up with someone you have to take them into consideration as well and I think if I do both c4 & CE it would be trouble

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    it's way too early for me to even think about making definate plans for this.

i certainly won't be stopping in any hotels if i do go, getting to london on the train isn't that much of a hassle (piece of cake when i went to hyde park).

of course this might change, but that's my stance on it at this time. it depends on circumstances nearer to the time, and what is actually going on for the event.

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i dont have a clue whats happening!!

luckily i should have all my exams done by then so ill be free. but it could be that i am working with a Costuming group or something. anyway it is a lil earliy for me to arrange anything!!

the idea of a midlands meet sounds gd tho :)

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't forget the FF-UK (and I mean all chapters, not just one) will hopefully have a table for CE so if any Midlanders want to join in (once we can reveal details), you are more than welcome. We'll also be advertising FF-UK as a whole, and as individual chapters, so this will be a key time to get yourself some more members - Midlands/SFFG will be supported as much as any other chapter. Once your new CR has settled in, I'll be going over with him all the details we have available. Hunky was great for being active in dicussions on our representation at CE, I can't wait for Hal's input now. Phill also has access to some of this too (as a previous RSA), so you have two prominent members who can be involved at the highest levels, will look forward to what we can achieve.

Edit note: I am guessing some may Midlanders will have to represent the costume groups they are involved with at CE, so any FF-UK stuff will be on a voluntary basis, as per usual.

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Providing I can get the time off work, which I don't see as a problem, IMO, and I don't be a "Spending Nazi" at C4, I should be good for this! :D

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    im so thankful its over the weekend. ill prob still be at school so i can make at least 2 days!! woooooo

8. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I considered going to C:E, but since most of you wackos are going to CIV, I'm going to pass on it. I also have Dragon*Con to plan on. Plus, I'd rather spend time getting thrown out of pubs with you guys without the distraction of wearing armor. ;)

9. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

I find mine chaffs something awful! Still dont know about CE, I may try and make a day , but I wouldnt count on it.

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Bit of a shame really, we wanted this for years, then we get an official event over here, and you can't make it :(

11. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    You can share a room with me and Em if it's a question of cost. Of course, if it's for a different reason, I understand and wish you could still come.

12. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I think considering the problems the C4 vs wedding debate has caused if I tried to get to this for the whole thing, there wont be no wedding...

13. IntrepidCoxie

IntrepidCoxie Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2006
    I'll be there.I may be able to help out, i'll be in costume for some of the weekend but i can't see myself doing it 24-7.

It will be good to make this a sucessfull weekend.

14. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I really hope I can go, I managed to go to San Diego Comic Con on my own so I should be able to get down to London from Leicester okay (or well that is the theory anyway) I would stay with a friend in Guildford but it's really hard to get into London so I may have to pay for a hotel which is probably going to be expensive ?:(

15. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well this has now moved from earls court to EXCEL (so glad i didnt book hotels) i might try and find somewhere to camp if i can go!!

16. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Welcome to the Midlands Fan Force Hananiah! Another Leicester-onian! Yay, I'm not the only one :p

17. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Welcome to the group.

Well guys, Ive sort of developed mention-itus and so far there hasnt been too much of a backlash about going down to CE for an over nighter. But I honestly wont know until JUly next year!

18. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hello there,
    it's jamie from the london boards...
    just having a little poke around at what's happening on this board.
    you really ought to make the effort to attend celebrationeurope,for at least one day.
    it's not like this sort of thing happens every year,is it?

19. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    no, but I Did C3 and am going to LA for C4 so I can imagine what it going to be like

20. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Ditto

I do want to try to get down to CE at somepoint, even if I end up crewing for KOTE to do it. But C4 is where all my money is going at the moment.

21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    does not compute
    ... if you're spending all that money on going to the states... why not put a little aside for the europe one?

22. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Two words...

SpatCon III

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cujo/conventions/celebration3/websize/DSC01990.JPG]

23. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

how do you know we aren't going to make the effort to make it, for at least one day? it's ages away yet, and just because we aren't posting whilst swooning at how "great" this event is likely to be or not, doesn't mean we aren't going ;)

probably because c4 will be a million times better than ce. plus c4 is in america, ergo it will cost more to get there and take a holiday at the same time, whereas we can all visit london pretty much when we like for very little travelling costs. also, again, how do you know that people aren't putting any money aside for the europe one?

plus as joe said, anyone going to c4 will need to take a small fortune to go to spatcon!

24. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    No Problem, I'll go out to the tree in the garden, theres loads of money there, an infinate supply!

We decided that we would prioritise C4 and if we can afford it CE.
    There are infinate reasons for us not all doing all of CE;
    partners who may not be fans
    kids
    Mortgages
    Job restrictions
    Big expensive things like getting married..
    And the fact that, as always, theres never enough money to do EVERYTHING

25. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    sorry,i've ruffled a few feathers.
    apologies all round.
    funnily enough,my wife was badgering me the other day about where i would like to take our next 'big' holiday abroad next year... we just got back from two weeks in and around las vegas,and the idea was to do a similar road trip winding up in san siego for the comic con next year...
    another option was to go to the states around the time of celebration four,but i decided that it wasn't worth it cos the europe one will be just as good?
    but some of you guys don't seem to think so?
    i haven't been to any previous celebration events...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.