main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Europe

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    To be honest, I'm not sure how the UK one will compare. It's simply due to different attitudes regarding fandom between here and the US. I went to C3, and you couldn't move for, well basically, geeks, everywhere. It was like being in a mini-heaven :p

Look at a regular convention over here, for example, even the big ones. How many people do you see in costume etc? Apart from the actual costuming groups, not many really.

Now look at the big cons in the US, Comic Con, Dragon*Con, the Celebrations, and there are hundreds and hundreds that turn up in costume.

I have yet to attend any event in the UK that has the same kind of atmosphere as the Celebration I attended in the US.

As such, when C4 was announced both myself and V decided that we would really want to be at the US event, since many of the friends we had made in the US whilst at the last one were going to be going.

Another part of what made the US one work so well was that they are open 24/7 pretty much (not the event, but everything around it). Can't really say the same for London unless you're in to clubbing.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    And even though I am into clubbing, chances are, you'll get chucked out by 2am at the latest!

LA FTW! [face_peace]

3. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    As an added bonus, I will attempt to swallow my own skull at CIV.

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    See! you just wont get that at CE

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I wouldn't mind some pretty LA girls swallowing my head! But what about C4? o_O

6. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    lol.
    do we know if any americans are bothering to get off their lazy ***** and come to CE?

Joe were you at the NEC last nite?? cause i was talking to this guy who either was you or your clone

7. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I went to San Diego last year and it rocked so I am looking forward to seeing what a UK meet will be like since this is a first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.