Celebration II is almost upon us!!

Discussion in 'Kansas City, MO' started by DarthBarbieDoll, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can hardly wait! I am making my packing list tonight and printing off all the maps and schedules and meeting with the girl who is going with me tomorrow so we can format the battle plan and all. There's so much to do and so little time! We did get tickets to the Fan Force party Friday night so that should be bunches of fun. Anyone else from KC going?
  2. GlennB Jedi Knight

Not leaving from KC but I'll be traveling through. I'm coming from Topeka, and I'm driving. Going to be one heck of a trip, but I'm bringing music and audio books to keep me entertained.
  3. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm taking lots of CDs to listen to as well, my SW soundtracks of course. :) I have been busy printing off maps and schedules so my friend and I can talk about our plan on the way down. I just can't wait! It's going to be so much fun!
  4. dougcpa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm flying out there this Thursday and will be coming back the following Monday. I too am very excited about it.
  5. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whew.. I am still tuckered out here at work today from such a fun filled weekend. Yeah sure there were long lines, stinky people who did not believe in any form of hygiene apparently, and a lack of organization on the part of WotC. But hey, it's Star Wars.. and I can always find a good time at a convention about my most favorite topic of all :)

My highlights:

*I was able to get the 2 Jorg Sacul figures for myself (the lines for the store were horrible and they ran out of figures before some people got one)

*Opening ceremonies with Anthony Daniels, Rick McCallum and Hayden Christenson.. and the new Yoda trailer!!! OMG it rocks!!!

*Saw Anthony Daniels, Hayden Christensen, Ben Burtt session

*Went to the Fan Force party Friday night and got my pic taken with Chewie :)

**Saw the Attack of the Fetts session (original Boba, new young Boba and Jango) - very cool

*Went to the Celebration store and got my t-shirt and other costly trinkets

*Visited the Exhibit hall and got Salvatore to sign my AOTC book

*Grabbed as many cool little poster freebies from the various artists around.. some were signing for free too, so that was a bonus

*Took lots of pics of some great costumes by the fans (I am going to have to get a costume for next time!!)

*Got to talk to Carrie Fisher briefly as we went through and got our personalized autograph from her.. YAY!

*Did the autograph pull on Friday and got 10 autographs done.. had to wait in a long line to pick them up Sunday though..

*Had my pic taken in the life sized Star Wars action figure package.. very cool and another long wait in line, lol

*I got to meet a few people from the ezboards I post at as well as some great new friends

Disappointments:

*lack of organization

*lack of clarity in signs, maps and directions.. I asked a couple of guys what they were in line for and they were like.. um I don't know.. that doesn't need to happen with some planning and organization management

*lack of time for the volunteers to be trained.. I figure they were just as frustrated to not know the answers to the questions they were always being asked

*line cutters!! What the heck is this about!! I was so tired of the line not being monitored at the back and then people just jamming on through when I had been there for 2 hours..

*exclusive stuff should be exclusive. Make coupons or vouchers or punchcard our badges so that people don't buy 50 figures and some get none

*don't let any non-Fan Club member in until all the Fan Club members are in.. that's hardly fair if you are supposed to get in an hour early and then you end up waiting on the street for 3 hours and the non-FC members in their own line just go on in on schedule..

*too many tickets sold.. come on, cut it off at the convention center capacity.. not on how much money can be made hand over fist and then all there was was a mass of bodies not moving due to the long lines

But overall, C2 was alot crammed into a short weekend but lots of fun memories to relive it many times in the future..
  6. brat-of-kansas Force Ghost

star 2
    you're back!!!!!!

hey i demand pictures barbie!!!!!

but very glad you had fun:)

you go girl!!!
  7. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, I'm working on uploading some pics. :) There were alot of great fan costumes too, that's for sure. Plus I liked the Lego things as well. There was just so much to see and do.. and with the crowds it was so hard to move around comfortably.
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you see Darth-Jar? (friend of mine, I guess he was a big hit at C2).
  9. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yea I saw Darth Jar. We were both watching the Lucas Arts Demo of one of the games.

I did have a good time. I didn't care for the lines, but I tried to avoid them. The best part was Peter Meyhew running to the gate at the airport. His plane left the same gate. They held the plane for him.

Over all I had fun, and thats all that matters.

10. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes I remember seeing him! I saw him when I first walked into the exhibits on Friday morning. I didn't have my camera ready though and everyone was taking his picture.. it was a very cool costume.
  11. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool. We're pretty proud of him over at the Rocky Mountain Fan Force. He made the front page of the Indy Star that day :)
  12. Lost in Coruscant Jedi Knight

star 2
    I figured it out.

I spent over 13 hours in line all weekend, most of that was when I got up at 5:30 and headed over to the line at 6, and some was in the line for Carrie Fisher's panel Sunday morning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.