main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration II

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Mar 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    So whos going?
    I know Grn and Douz and I are.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I am. So is Krash and his sister and JarJarJedi.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm sure as heck going! Unfortunately , I'm not going for all 3 days. I have about 5 other people going and they all work for the same company (a vendor company that works for the company I work at lol) and they can't get Friday off no matter what...so I figured I'd only go Sat. and Sun. cause they are, and it saves on expenses anyhow...I still feel crappy tho that I can't go on Friday...didn't want to miss that Opening Ceremony. Say, is anyone videotaping the event on Friday, I'm willing to pay for a copy...

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd LOVE to go, especially bein in the MW this year (MidWest). But unfortunately, I am a college student who is planning to become a teacher. So I have to go to school for like 5 years instead of the normal 4. Tuition is going to be a problem, so I can't afford to blow a couple thousand dollars on the Celebration, as much as I'd like to. But hey, I hope everyone that goes has fun. If I give you something like a notebook for autographs, would anybody be willing to get some signatures of anybody who's worked on Star Wars?

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Sure I could, but fork over $15 lol. Frickin' autographs are expensive; $15 per one, or 10 for $120. That's just bantha poodoo. Damn actors make enough money to make 10 Death Stars, and I barely had enough money to get tickets online in time. It's all about the money I guess...sigh. I'd pay for ya if I could Random, but it's tough just for me to get autographs...I gotta choose carefully who I want to sign what now because it's so expensive. With over 30 guests though that seems impossible.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm sorry, I'm a Celebration virgin, lol. I didn't realize you had to pay for each autograph. That sux0rs big time. Oh well, then I guess I won't be gettin any, hehe.

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Thats f-ing bull. They pay you to go and apear at the auction, you make millions of dollars for one film, and YOU WANT TO CHARGE MORE MONEY FOR THE FANS TO HAVE YOU SIGN SOMETHING?!?!?! They are not celeberties, they are money-knomes.

8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Precicely JediKnight. And I checked out the official forums and there was a ranting thread about the autograph charges; there are actually people who are backing up the actors and crap. Must be nice to have a gajillion dollars to spend on autographs, and they gotta come in there and "back up" the actors about that? WHAT BS! Always about the money...and I'd kill to have a goddamn walk-on part in a SW movie...for free no less. I'm beginning to lose respect for most of these actors. I paid enough for the damn tickets, even more for a hotel , and God only knows how much memorabillia I'll buy...isn't that enough Lucas? Damnit!

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    You guys havnt been to many cons have you? $15 for an autograph is CHEEP!!! I pain $25 for Ray Park's and $25 for Dave Prouse. Kate Mulgrue wanted $40. I said no.

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought they were only $12 each. Amd for one I don't mind.

Plus I am going. :D :D

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You really think some guy in a mask is gonna make a million bucks for appearing in a Star Wars movie for two minutes? Or that the Imperial's Vader kills after three lines are rich? The only actor I feel shouldn't be charging is Anthony Daniels, he's had a long association with Lucas and probably made quite a bit of money off Lucas. The rest I consider $12 a bargin. I've paid $25 in the past for Ray Park. There's nobody holding a gun to your head making you pay for an autograph.

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    First off, I'll confirm that I am going with Padawan92 to CelebrationII. Funny thing is this discussion is how we got the FanForce started.

As for the autographs, yes it sucks that we have to pay for autographs; but when you think about the reality of people like Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels coming to Celebration II the price isn't all that outragous.

Last I'd heard, Padawan92 correct me if I'm wrong, Wizards of the Coast/Lucasfilm/Celebration II (somebody) is producing "exclusive" photographs with the CII logo on them...so there is production costs involved. Add to that everyone making an appearance is probably being put up in a nice hotel by WotC/LF/CII (whoever is in charge) so there is that cost. And lastly, in this day of "Scalper/Scum" movie-stars and celebrities have to take control of their image and endorsements. The $12 I'd heard was roughly divided as follows ($6 to the actor-$6 to Lucasfilm/Lucas) because while Lucas has made alot of money off SW, he has every right to protect his investment.

I'm not saying people like us would take advantage of meeting a SW celebrity, but after seeing the mob at Parmatown this weekend with Leron James (that high school kid who made Sports Illustrated) signing autographs; I realize $12 isn't a steep price to pay to meet some of my favorite actors.

13. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We started talking about who is staying where, and I remember some of the TBX guys saying they were staying at a Holiday Inn. Was it this one?

HOLIDAY INN HOTEL
    HI INDIANAPOLIS-EAST, IN
    6990 EAST 21ST STREET
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA

It would be kinda cool to know people staying at the same place as we are. THe rates were pretty good, and you're not going to find anything closer to downtown.

14. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I'm staying at the Embassy Suites hotel, it was all I could get that was closeby...anyone else from here staying there?

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm staying at the Tranquil Cherub Bed & Breakfast.

If anyone else is staying there from Cleveland, I'd be surprised. :p

(When we reserved our room, there were people there from California and Colorado.)

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    They just announced Carrie Fisher is coming and so am I.

Er, make that I'm going. To the, uh Celebration thing.

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hahaha, lmao Don. You have a one-track mind. I like that. Too bad Carrie isn't nearly the hottie she was in Return Of The Jedi in that slave bikini. That was hotchie motchie...

I'm still broke and disappointed that I won't be going to Celebration II, but oh well. At least I'll be able to see AOTC in less than 43 days, and my saber is coming along quite well.

This posting is just one little clue as to why my nickname is Random, if you haven't figured it out why already...

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I deny everything Random has said about me. It's not true. Any of it.

Not.

A.

Word.

:D

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    To heck with Carrie Fisher. I mean yeah, she was hot in that slave outfit and all, but now she's older than my grandma, I mean that's just not cool. You wanna see some hotties at the convention? Try Michonne Bourgione ( I think that's how you spell it) and Shannon Baska. 2 good reasons (or is that 4 good reasons lol) to go to Celebration II!

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm down with those 2, or 4 depending at how you look at them, too. But the skywalker chicks are the hottest...

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    While I agree Michonne Bourriague and Shannon Baska are smoking hot I've also already met them. Now I wanna meet Carrie Fisher. And, maybe Reborn's grandma. ;)

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    LOL I wish I hadn't posted that "grandma" part now...sheesh! Less than a month left, people! I can't frickin' wait!

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    *cough* Hayden Christensen *cough*

:D :D

24. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Hayden is coming :) :) Hayden is coming!!!!!

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I can't wait! That is the first autograph that I'm going to get! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.